talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Using AI to turn natural language into code

football forum

• Subscriber

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/29/salesforce-is-using-ai-to-democratize-sql-so-anyone-can-query-databases-in-natural-language/?ncid=rss

I was reading this today and started thinking that at one point we had a lot of people on here who were interested in web-development so I posted this. However, the real beauty isn't in the learning its about how easy its going to eventually become for large systems to take what you type and convert it faster into data streams that are useful to you maybe even finally break the barrier of speech to code-action.

To make it simpler. Today when you type something like "Why are Barcelona still after Coutinho?" the system has something in the middle that reads that and then translates it to what a data store can understand. If this comes to proper fruition then that layer disappears and the bridge becomes smaller meaning you can get your data faster. The implications of this are quite large.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
17 hours ago, Azeem98 said:

What would Bhenchod code into?

Its funny you ask that because it would probably have a natural language filter to ignore it haha. Coders have a propensity to curse a lot so I am sure they've got all bases covered. Now, if you used that in some kind of context I am sure it would just translate it and return data to you much like google does ;)

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=bhenchod&rlz=1C1CHBF_enIN718IN718&oq=bhenchod&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j5.2936j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

18 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/29/salesforce-is-using-ai-to-democratize-sql-so-anyone-can-query-databases-in-natural-language/?ncid=rss

I was reading this today and started thinking that at one point we had a lot of people on here who were interested in web-development so I posted this. However, the real beauty isn't in the learning its about how easy its going to eventually become for large systems to take what you type and convert it faster into data streams that are useful to you maybe even finally break the barrier of speech to code-action.

To make it simpler. Today when you type something like "Why are Barcelona still after Coutinho?" the system has something in the middle that reads that and then translates it to what a data store can understand. If this comes to proper fruition then that layer disappears and the bridge becomes smaller meaning you can get your data faster. The implications of this are quite large.

Natural language as in talking or code?

Archived