talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hip Hop/Rap

football forum

The only thing with Big L is that he died too young or he wouldn't have been touched.

Biggie and Nas' were both influenced a lot from Kool G Rap if you listen carefully to his original material. Both(Biggie and Nas) were among the best though and anybody putting them in top 2 wouldn't be incorrect, but Kool G Rap's influence was massive on Hip Hop for me.

Raekwon and others in Wu-tang are ones I rate highly in these discussion as well as they took hip hop to the next step and brought something very different, but I was always big(and still am) on the east coast hip hop scene full stop, Wu-tang, Mobb Deep, Nas, Biggie.... Big L was original as well. It's MCs like him who made rap battling what it is in many ways as he was always spitting those battle type rhymes and rinsing people on street corners growing up with his punch-lines and multi-syllables. Before that Rap battling was different, it was less about dissing your opponent and more about simply showcasing your lyrics(Lord Finesse and Percee P for example), then Big L came with this new style.

I was going to mention Treach mate. He's massively underrated when it comes to these type of discussions and Big Daddy Kane as well.

Big Pun was brilliantly as well and people underrate Redman and Prodigy from Mobb Deep.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• 2 weeks later...

Masta Killa's verse on that still takes some beating. Back when I was at secondary school Masta Killa was my favourite from the Wu due to verses like that. Unfortunately he never really brought out any great solo albums or anything and it was all about certain verses on Wu-tang albums where he stood out. For this, he will never be one of the top clan members like a Gza, Method Man, Raekwon, Ghost-face or Inspectah Deck(Ol Dirty was great as well but not as skilled as those 5), but that verse on there is still one of the best in Hip Hop full stop.

it's same as Cappadonnas on "Winter Warz", an absolute beasty verse. One of the best verses you'll get in hip hop, even though he's not one of the top artists(thinking of it, masta Killa also has a class verse on Winter Warz himself).

In fact, let's post that beast of a song as well:-

Edited by The Rebel CRS

The best 10 of alltime

1. Kool G Rap                                

2. Rakim

3. Nas

4. Big L

5. Biggie

6. Eminem

7. Big Pun

8. Big Daddy Kane

9. 2pac

10. Ice Cube

The most underrated 10

1. Gza

2. Guru

3. Treach

4. Inspectah Deck

5. Prodigy

6. Redman

7. Jadakiss

8. Raekwon

9. AZ

10. Kurupt

The best 10 strictly Underground rappers

1. Black Thought

2. K-Rino

3. Celph Titled

4. Vinnie Paz

5. Killa Sin

6. Papoose

7. Diabolic

8. Mos Def

9. R.A The Rugged Man

10. Chino XL

Edited by The Rebel CRS

football forum
2 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

I'm gonna buy this album as soon as it is released.

Deuce was the better Hollywood Undead frontman, will be interesting to see what he comes up with alone.

Yeah Papoose is class. I always seem to forget about him for some reason, but he used to bring up some class mix tapes.

Cassidy is class as well, especially in his younger days:-

This is why it's hard to make lists as there are always other rappers who you forget about. Not to mention there is also other countries like the UK and Canada who have some great MCS.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

This isn't new of course, but that instrumental is great xD. It's got to be said also that Fred Durst has got some(or had some as they are old tracks) decent bars considering he's not technically a rapper.

Best Papoose verse I've ever heard while on the subject of him is this:-

"I'll give you lead showers, make you take a blood bath"

Edited by The Rebel CRS

On to some new stuff, this is dope: -

Meth was ruthless with that flow and delivery. But Black thought absolutely murders that. He's another massively underrated rapper. Even Meth knew he got shown up there and that's say a lot as Meth was fire there, even if he did read off his phone due to only just writing the lyrics for the cypher.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

@The Rebel CRS

im not a big fan of just instrumental except for J Dilla. another two legends gone 2 soon 

Class tunes mate, we never agree about football but generally do when it comes to everything else, especially hip hop xD

DJ Premier, Havok/Prodigy, Rza, Muggs(from Cypress Hill), True Master and D-Jilla. Also Dr Dre if speaking back in the day(N.W.A, Death Row, Dre 2001...), I don't like his new style beats though.

True Master is very underrated.

That beat is dirty. Meth kills it as well.

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Speaking of Mos Def and Black Thought.

Even though I don't really like a lot of Eminem's newer stuff in terms of his albums, etc, when he gets into cyphers like these with rappers like these, he shows his true ability and what he's about. But I don't blame him for making more mainstream music as it's what has made him a millionaire and if any rappers deserve the success then it's ones like himself who actually have the talent. He's done well for himself.

This Eminem though..

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Like 1

@JOSHBRFC Even though I don't have him as one of my favourites, he is one of them easily when it comes to his old albums, freestyles, cyphers, etc. He's on another level when at his best.

@Teso dos Bichos That freestyle is brilliant. I used to listen to Royce quite a bit and I've always rated him so I will check out his new shit. I just don't check much new stuff out at the minute as I've gone back to the 90s(I always end up doing so) and can't get away from it.

On another note:

Top 10 UK rappers of alltime:-

1. Life

2. Chester P

3. Jehst

4. Ghetts

5. Klashenkoff

6. Akala

7. Lowkey

8. Kyza

9. Devlin

10. Skinnyman

Speaking of UK hip hop, this tune defines our hip hop:_

That put uk hip hop on the map. Hard as fuck. There was a period where I didn't even listen to US hip hop for a while as the likes of Klashnekoff, Kyza, Jehst, Phi-Life, Task-Force, etc were on another level at the time.

@Danny

Edited by The Rebel CRS

20 hours ago, Danny said:

Council Estate Of Mind is the greatest UK Hip Hop album ever made

Yeah that's a beast of an album. Unfortunately Skinnyman seemed to disappear but at one point he was on top of UK Hip hop. I'd stick him in my top 10 just for that album.

This was the best tune on the album:-

The early to mid 00s for UK hip hop is like what the 90s is for the US.

The best album though for me is Phi-Life Cypher - Millennium metaphors. I picked that CD up completely by accident and ended up being a big fan of them despite not many people hearing of them. In fact, the amount of people who I have introduced to Phi-Life cypher is unreal.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

@Teso dos Bichos Back to Papoose. I always used to listen to this track. Around that time I was always bumping Papoose and his verse on this is just too much:-

He took it to another level with that verse. The other version is better though with Raekwon on it, but it's not on youtube.

Honestly, there are far too many great rappers/mcs to be making top 10 lists and shit like that. Far too many great ones.