talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hip Hop/Rap

football forum

Whats happening with British rappers getting credit in the mainstream and even abroad is undoubtedly good and a positive move. But for me most will never be close to the likes of Phi Life Cypher, Task Force, Foreign Beggars, Skinny Man's Council Estate of Mind...

I would say the best album released recently from a British rapper that's received a decent level of success both commercially and critically was Kano's Made in the Manor.

My favourite song off the album:

Anyway, one for @The Rebel CRS @JOSHBRFC

Edited by Danny

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

College droupout is the only album of kanye i listen to a lot. money fucked that nigga up. 

Pretty sure it was a certain family that notoriously got famous for a certain football player's murder.  That's what fucked him up. 

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Whats happening with British rappers getting credit in the mainstream and even abroad is undoubtedly good and a positive move. But for me most will never be close to the likes of Phi Life Cypher, Task Force, Foreign Beggars, Skinny Man's Council Estate of Mind...

I would say the best album released recently from a British rapper that's received a decent level of success both commercially and critically was Kano's Made in the Manor.

My favourite song off the album:

Anyway, one for @The Rebel CRS @JOSHBRFC

I've honestly never liked Kano, Wretch 32 or Skepta. They make some good tunes but as artists/lyricists I find them to be very average. In fact the only Grime MCs I liked were Ghetts, Devlin, Durrty Goodz then a few from Manchester and Birmingham.

People forget just how old UK Hip hop is to be honest, as the mainstream side is relatively new.

The London Posse from 1993:-

Even though UK hip hop is more mainstream now, our golden era will always be the early to mid 00s, when it was pretty much all underground, although very original and fresh.

Nice one for posting that new Life EP by the way mate. I hadn't even heard this yet as I've not been keeping up to date with Life lately.

@Teso dos Bichos Kool G Rap's verse(@ 1:40) on this though:-

Just ridiculous. This is why he's the GOAT.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

@Teso dos Bichos You're right, I have been sleeping on Royce Da 5'9's new shit:-

"100 in your mouth like Ted Dibease did to Virgil"

Check out InTeLL as well. It's U-God's son from Wu-tang:-

This is why they say Wu-Tang Forever, as they just keep breeding them!

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

@The Rebel CRS how would you rank your top three solo rappers, and your top three bands hip hop /rap?

It's too hard to say for solo rappers mate. I always change my mind and the top 3 could be out of a number of about 20 artists!

As for groups/bands:-

1. Wu-Tang

2. Mobb Deep

3. Gangstarr or Naughty by Nature

• Upvote 1