talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
On 21/01/2024 at 03:18, MUFC said:

Which games would you love to see remastered?

None. I'd rather companies spent time on sequels or new IP. If a game really needs a "remaster" it should also come with the fact that you have to have it at 50% of the current market cost because honestly that's just a lazy business move. The only exception is if you completely rewrite the game from the ground up and introduce modern mechanics into it to bring the story to a younger audience that wasn't around the first time it came out. That really makes it a "remake" vs a remaster imo. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Seeing a lot about Palworld - anyone played it yet? It's free on Game Pass but apparently it's a few versions behind the Steam release due to Microsoft's approval process being drawn out.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

None. I'd rather companies spent time on sequels or new IP. If a game really needs a "remaster" it should also come with the fact that you have to have it at 50% of the current market cost because honestly that's just a lazy business move. The only exception is if you completely rewrite the game from the ground up and introduce modern mechanics into it to bring the story to a younger audience that wasn't around the first time it came out. That really makes it a "remake" vs a remaster imo. 

Couldnt agree more. As much as I think they did an excellent job for TLOU 1 remastered for example (AND I LOVE THIS GAME) I would basically never recommend anyone buy it for full price. its a ripoff when you can buy and enjoy it for like a quarter of the price for the ps4 remastered version.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Couldnt agree more. As much as I think they did an excellent job for TLOU 1 remastered for example (AND I LOVE THIS GAME) I would basically never recommend anyone buy it for full price. its a ripoff when you can buy and enjoy it for like a quarter of the price for the ps4 remastered version.

I would have understood if they added more story fillers and game time that wasnt there in the original but I think upscaling a game is both just a cash-grab and honestly a waste of development time. What's worse is the praise it got and the fact that people still went out and bought it.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Seeing a lot about Palworld - anyone played it yet? It's free on Game Pass but apparently it's a few versions behind the Steam release due to Microsoft's approval process being drawn out.

We were discussing it today and while I love Pokemon I'll hardpass on a clone. What's even more funnier is that theres a Pokemon patch for it now and I can already sense Nintendo's lawyers waiting to strike. 

On a more serious note, its loads of fun from what I hear and if you like those sorts of games you should definitely give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Didn't want to start a new thread for my question. Are there historic games which suddenly come to your mind? You just randomly think of a game which you used to play?

Not sure why but Max Payne was on my mind a few days ago. Was a long time ago when I played it. I vaguely remember the mission in some subway environment?

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Didn't want to start a new thread for my question. Are there historic games which suddenly come to your mind? You just randomly think of a game which you used to play?

Not sure why but Max Payne was on my mind a few days ago. Was a long time ago when I played it. I vaguely remember the mission in some subway environment?

Yeah, happens quite a bit in fairness, especially when playing remakes.

I mentioned on Discord to @nudgeat the time as she was going through older 'kart' type racing games about Micro Machines Turbo Tournament and 96, as they were games I played back in the day and were very good fun. Similar for games like Streets of Rage 2, Advance Wars, Viewtiful Joe, WWF No Mercy, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Metal Gear Solid, the list goes on and on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah, happens quite a bit in fairness, especially when playing remakes.

I mentioned on Discord to @nudgeat the time as she was going through older 'kart' type racing games about Micro Machines Turbo Tournament and 96, as they were games I played back in the day and were very good fun. Similar for games like Streets of Rage 2, Advance Wars, Viewtiful Joe, WWF No Mercy, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Metal Gear Solid, the list goes on and on.

Micro Machines is great, and so is Micro Maniacs. I got really into the old Gamecube, PS1, and PS2 games recently, and it's so much fun.

• Like 1