talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

Think my EA games were FIFA 14, Battlefield 4 (which I really should have played more online), Star Wars Battlefront (which I got for £15) and FIFA 17 (on offer shortly after release).

Pretty much one game per year on average since the PS4 were released, with Battlefield 4 and FIFA 14 being launch titles.

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Titanfall 2 was soooooo underrated, it's a great game. 

Speaking of EA I'm thinking of cancelling my EA Access, its only £20 a year which is pennies but I haven't actually got a game out of the vault in about 18 months, it just seems pointless to me.

You're so right about TF2. I think I was disappointed that it was too short but the fight mech and the locations were so gorgeous and it was much better than its predecessor. 

Microsoft have officially ceased manufacturing the Kinect.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-25-kinect-officially-dead

Not really surprised by this. A nice idea but the cost of it on its own mixed with how poor it actually was (is there a single game that actually managed to use this even remotely well?) and lumping it with every Xbox One at launch (thus bumping the price up) for no reason meant it was going to be a tough sell.

football forum
25 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not really surprised by this. A nice idea but the cost of it on its own mixed with how poor it actually was (is there a single game that actually managed to use this even remotely well?) and lumping it with every Xbox One at launch (thus bumping the price up) for no reason meant it was going to be a tough sell.

Kinect Sports was absolutely amazing but other than that most Kinect games were terrible (and I had a few). The trouble with Kinect was that you needed a massive play space to utilise it and most people (myself included) don't have that. 

I only use mine when I'm in a party and can't be bothered wearing my headphones. I wouldn't miss it if it broke suddenly.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

While its dead what it spawned in terms of dev work in the incubator programs  they ran plus how its used in commercial applications for motion sensing actually benefited Microsoft quite a bit. I tried it once when it came out and I quite liked it but in the end it was just a toy that was never going to garner any serious game developers to do anything with it.

• Subscriber

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus

What a whirlwind month and holiday season its going to be: new Assassins Creed, new Wolf, new Mario and ... they are all great from whats to be heard by the critics. Which one are people on the forum going to be playing? I've got Mario already and waiting to finish that before jumping into Wolf(PC).

• Subscriber
On 10/09/2017 at 0:32 PM, Cannabis said:

LA Noire (one of my favourite games of all time) is going to be re-released for the Xbox One, Xbox One X, PS4, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch and VR. I'm in two minds about whether to get this as I don't want to ruin the memories I have by replaying it but the other half of me is absolutely buzzing to be running around Los Angeles as Cole Phelps in full HD. 

Is there anyone else on here that's a Noire fan? 

I loved it, i remember spending a lot of time on it trying to get the platinum trophy on the PS4. Not sure whether i'll be getting the re master though. Too many games to play on at the minute and i never get time as it is.

New trailer for The Last Of Us: Part II.

Looks like a flashback to when Ellie's mother became pregnant (6 or 7 years after the outbreak). Maybe during the beginning stages of the Fireflies as well. Could just be a flashback but it could be that you play the game both during the past and during the present, similar to The Last Of Us: Left Behind DLC.

Edited by 6666

• Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/the-video-game-voice-actors-strike-is-over-1820240476

nice to see they settled but I think another strike is on its way as this never really got the full resolution they were looking for. What's not surprising is that EA is in here and its also not surprising that they dont want to pay out the people who do work for them in terms of residuals and royalties. They truly are the Devil in the gaming industry.

• Subscriber

Today, I was reading an article on ArsTechnica about how the R.E.M 25th anniversary edition uses a Dolby Atmos engineering method to deliver the sound in a way we're not used to with regular Stereo sound and it got me wondering about how much I really care for it with the music I listen to. I've tried binaural audio and if you don't know what this read the link below to understand how it creates the 3D effect you may have heard on some music tracks. if you game a lot and have used a system or played games supporting these effects it can be quite nice although a lot of companies still struggle with using it right and more-so getting it to the lowest common denominator for the common person to use. 

So, do you care about immersive experiences with the music you listen to? Do you just care that you get a simple stereo sound and thats all you ever need? 

I would actually like to give this a test with some concert music and see how that plays out with a centered listening pattern if its possible considering that kind of sound doesn't have to be directed like most studio music tends to be. Its not as groundbreaking as the article suggests but as a person that has struggled for years with getting a pair of headphones I can use as a daily driver and get the best out of my music it does please me to know that sound engineering is finally getting to a place where we can start talking about music the way its meant to be experienced.

ArsTechica Article on DA - https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/spatial-audio-is-the-most-exciting-thing-to-happen-to-pop-music-since-stereo/
Binaural Audio Article - https://www.theverge.com/2015/2/12/8021733/3d-audio-3dio-binaural-immersive-vr-sound-times-square-new-york

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So then. Who has been laughing at EA for the past couple of weeks well and truly fucking up Battlefront 2?

They were always going to eventually. The amount of hate the gaming community has for them right now I wonder what drastic change they are going to have to make.

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

They were always going to eventually. The amount of hate the gaming community has for them right now I wonder what drastic change they are going to have to make.

EA's shares apparently dropped and even Disney had to tell them to sort it out. The game has also sold considerably less than the first one did as well and that's with damage limitation (ie. temporarily suspending the pay to win model).

• Subscriber
On 11/29/2017 at 0:28 PM, Bluebird Hewitt said:

EA's shares apparently dropped and even Disney had to tell them to sort it out. The game has also sold considerably less than the first one did as well and that's with damage limitation (ie. temporarily suspending the pay to win model).

I remember when the problem broke out that reddit went crazy about how they were doing the wrong thing and no one listened till, like you said, Disney stepped in and whacked them on their knuckles. I despise EA as a company because of how they've gone about playing the Big Dog in every situation and ruining smaller shops but I think another sports release from them that is better than what the have now and all will be forgotten. 

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

EA once again about to get fucked once again. Apparently UFC 3 will have microtransactions and loot boxes, including an upgrade that can make you punch harder......in a UFC game. Clearly not pay to win there.

You know they are just testing the waters here. FIFA is next.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way mate but you mustn't have played FIFA much lately? The game is terribly unbalanced because of pay-to-win incentives. You can buy cards that are quite literally unplayable, you can score from 35 yards at will with the Icons for example. It's just shite. 

The problem is kids and YouTubers lap it up so EA will keep doing it. 

I haven't really played a FIFA game in almost three years now so I really am clueless about what EA has done to the franchise. I always imagined it being rather good from reviews and what I read online but the players would certainly have a different story. Nice to see EA have ruined this too.