talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

14 hours ago, Michael said:

The match finished Granada 2-4 Girona.

This win for Girona, puts them in 3rd place in the La Liga table, behind Real Madrid and Barcelona. Girona are actually level on points with Barcelona, but it's only goal difference that keeps the Catalans in 2nd place.

I want to get behind a small team doing well but the fact that they are owned by the City group just sickens me.  I wish them nothing but pain and suffering.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am rooting for Girona against the mighty Real Madrid today. Girona are in 2nd place, alongside the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid. A win for either Girona or Real Madrid today, will take them top of the table. It's a hard ask for Girona to get the win today, against such strong opposition, but I am praying that Tsyhankov, Dovbyk and company deliver the goods.

Bad news for Girona and Ukraine, is that Tsyhankov picked up an injury in Girona's match against Real Madrid and he will be out of action for the rest of October. Although he should be back fit and ready to play again in November.

• 1 month later...
On 19/09/2023 at 04:15, Coma said:

I want to get behind a small team doing well but the fact that they are owned by the City group just sickens me.  I wish them nothing but pain and suffering.

This. Although if Real Madrid and Barca fucking hate premier league sides, I wonder how they’ll cope with a UAE club actually challenging them domestically.

Fuck all of the clubs controlled by them though. Ruining football.

Seeing the BBC make posts basically calling them plucky underdogs and minimising that it’s just another City team is kind of gross.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Mallorca 0-0 Real Sociedad 

Atlético Madrid 0-1 Athletic Bilbao

The semi finals of the Copa del rey look interesting. I can see it being another Athletic Bilbao vs Real Sociedad repeat final of a few years back.

Can Athletic finally win it? They are the club with the 2nd most Copas with 23, but haven't won it since 1984, despite being in 6 finals since then.

19 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Mallorca 0-0 Real Sociedad 

Atlético Madrid 0-1 Athletic Bilbao

The semi finals of the Copa del rey look interesting. I can see it being another Athletic Bilbao vs Real Sociedad repeat final of a few years back.

Can Athletic finally win it? They are the club with the 2nd most Copas with 23, but haven't won it since 1984, despite being in 6 finals since then.

Seems like Nico is off in the Summer with a low release clause? His goal against (Barce?) was brilliant

There is a big top of the table clash in La Liga today, as Real Madrid host Girona. Real Madrid are the favourites to win at home, especially as Girona have a few injury worries, but Girona have shown themselves to be a force to be reckoned with throughout this La Liga season.

Girona have defeated most teams that have stood in their way in style and have always looked strong. Girona always create dangerous chances to score, so Real Madrid will have to be wary of that. 3 Ukrainian players are also set to start in this match, as Dovbyk and Tsyhankov will start for Girona, while Lunin is likely to start for Real Madrid. One thing is for sure, this top of the table encounter is likely to be very entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Rafael Benitez: Celta Vigo sack former Liverpool and Chelsea manager

Celta Vigo have sacked manager Rafael Benitez after less than nine months.

Former Liverpool and Chelsea boss Benitez, 63, joined the La Liga side on 23 June last year and departs after winning just five of his 28 league matches in charge of Celta.

He leaves the club 17th in the Spanish top flight, sitting outside of the relegation zone by just two points.