• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Group Stage Draw - 1st December

football forum

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's a blow mate... That puts the cat amongst the pigeons for us two. If we were ever going to have a friendly word in the ear for a draw, this makes it dangerous.  On top of that we both have Morocco and they're no mugs...

The plus side is if we come out of this group alive there are serious chances in my personal opinion.  ;)

I prefer it this way.

Portugal vs Spain as the opening has 0-0 written all over it imo.

4 minutes ago, Machado said:

Portugal vs Spain as the opening has 0-0 written all over it imo.

The minute I saw that draw it didn't worry me too much mate. Not because Spain don't fear Portugal or vice versa, but because of what you just said. But seeing how the rest of our group has gone, us drawing makes the rest of the group phase for us a game of Russian roulette (pardon the pun). 

The draw is chaotic to say the least... I know Iran well from seeing some games but it so happens I've been following quite a bit of North African football in recent times and I didn't want anything like that being added to what I already knew would be two massive teams in the group. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Our group is not as easy as it seems, quite tough in fact. Just hope we don't do an England against Iceland.

Agreed, I don't think you'll have it easy.

Group H should also be tougher than what it looks like.

I think overall the groups are quite well balanced, to be fair.

• Administrator

Group H considerably the hardest to call because all teams seem to be on a similar level and have their talented stars in each team. Unlike the other groups where there's a clear winner/clear top 2.

Us and Spain it is, then. If we don't get out of that group, then we aren't doing anything at the World Cup.

Group D is the toughest one for me. Argentina, at their best, are a level above the rest of their opponents, but Croatia are no mugs and Iceland, if they can play like they did at the Euros, will be an annoying adversary. Not to mention Nigeria. 

Also, bets on England losing points to Panama? Wouldn't surprise me at all.  

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Group H considerably the hardest to call because all teams seem to be on a similar level and have their talented stars in each team. Unlike the other groups where there's a clear winner/clear top 2.

Its much like the the Group C from the last World Cup.

• Administrator

BBC just did possible routes to the final for England.

If England win the group, they could face Germany, France & Brazil.

If England come 2nd, they could face France, Spain & Brazil.

Looks like England will watch it from home then!

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The minute I saw that draw it didn't worry me too much mate. Not because Spain don't fear Portugal or vice versa, but because of what you just said. But seeing how the rest of our group has gone, us drawing makes the rest of the group phase for us a game of Russian roulette (pardon the pun). 

The draw is chaotic to say the least... I know Iran well from seeing some games but it so happens I've been following quite a bit of North African football in recent times and I didn't want anything like that being added to what I already knew would be two massive teams in the group. 

You will be playing Iran in Kazan and their star player Sardar Azmoun plays for Rubin Kazan so there will be plenty of support for Iran in that game

7 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I won't be surprised if England finish third.

None of the groups seem exciting. 

Disagree aside from Group B and and G there are no two clear favorites and even in those groups i can see an upset especially in group B

Well the good thing is that we will see Ricardo Buitrago get a shot at beating England - his team was relegated from the Peruvian Primera Division this weekend.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived