World Cup Group Stage Draw - 1st December

football forum

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Yeah, below the belt for a host though

I'm sure someone somewhere is looking at it and laughing but you're right its a bit below the belt. He's not even a good presenter if you ask me.

Gary Linekar is a two-faced bellend, anyway. He's tweeted about the corruption at FIFA for ages and as soon as they've opened their cheque book and asked him to present the draw, he's lost his morals and beliefs for a pay day.

Looking at the knockout stages, the potential of Uruguay v France and Spain v Argentina Quarter Finals look great to me.

45 minutes ago, Azeem98 said:

You will be playing Iran in Kazan and their star player Sardar Azmoun plays for Rubin Kazan so there will be plenty of support for Iran in that game

Spanish players are used to playing in the biggest games (as much as most European players) and partisan crowds only spur the players on. Ask Piqué mate. ;)

• Subscriber

Perfect draw. Absolute calamity if we don't get through that and we've still got a proper test in there - and if we get through we've still avoided the absolute top sides.

We are the luckiest side going with draws.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Perfect draw. Absolute calamity if we don't get through that and we've still got a proper test in there - and if we get through we've still avoided the absolute top sides.

We are the luckiest side going with draws.

if we get through the Round of 16 match against Poland/Senegal/Colombia/Japan, it gets very tough though. Almost guaranteed to play Germany/Brazil in the QFs, and then Spain or France in semis I think.

• Administrator
On 30/11/2017 at 9:44 AM, Azeem98 said:

Here's my prediction for the draw

Group C
Argentina
Croatia
Sweden
Nigeria

Group E
Brazil
Spain
Costa Rica
Serbia

Group H
Portugal
Peru
Iran
Morocco

fair play you nearly got these bang on xD 

4 hours ago, Dan said:

I do think it's very tricky to call Peru's group actually. Denmark are flavour of the month but Peru have definitely had the better calendar year results wise.

We will potentially have 3-4 players playing for Denmark at the World Cup so they will be my "second" team should England get knocked out at any stage :coffee:

People are saying this group will be easy but we're not even the best team in it and the 2010 World Cup we drew 1-1 and 0-0 with the USA and Algeria respectively, we got knocked out of the Euros by Iceland and at the last World Cup couldn't even beat Costa Rica.

Nothing is easy about this group for us.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

We will potentially have 3-4 players playing for Denmark at the World Cup so they will be my "second" team should England get knocked out at any stage :coffee:

People are saying this group will be easy but we're not even the best team in it and the 2010 World Cup we drew 1-1 and 0-0 with the USA and Algeria respectively, we got knocked out of the Euros by Iceland and at the last World Cup couldn't even beat Costa Rica.

Nothing is easy about this group for us.

We have their keeper so I'm keeping an eye out too. We'll have three Nigerians (Musa, Iheanacho, Ndidi), two English I'd assume (Vardy, Maguire), and then Schmeichel, Okazaki and hopefully Adrien Silva.

I actually think this is even easier than USA and Algeria. Tunisia I think we should be beating and Panama we have absolutely no excuses. That's just a complete fluke draw.

I expect Belgium to absolutely stuff those two and us to stumble past them. We'll come 2nd.

Some England fans and pundits assumptions about "not being too sure if England will go through because we've been here before" is ridiculous. When have we ever gone out of a group as shit as this? 

Southgate should be sacked and booed in the street for the rest of his days if we don't make the quarter finals :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived