11am - France vs Australia
2pm - Argentina vs Iceland
5pm - Peru vs Denmark
8pm - Croatia vs Nigeria

4 games back to back. 

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Embarrassing that people can't get over the fact we failed to win away to New Zealand xD

We are the only South American team to not lose in 2017, finished above Chile knocking them out and climbed up to 10th in the rankings for a non random reason. Some people need to grow up.

Im not confident we'll make it through our group but I am almost sure we will beat the team that couldn't handle Thailand.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Embarrassing that people can't get over the fact we failed to win away to New Zealand xD

We are the only South American team to not lose in 2017, finished above Chile knocking them out and climbed up to 10th in the rankings for a non random reason. Some people need to grow up.

Im not confident we'll make it through our group but I am almost sure we will beat the team that couldn't handle Thailand.

Hey Thailand didn't beat us. I'd also like to see the likes of Peru have to go to the Middle East and other Asian countries where pitches and weather are big factors. But anyway our best chance of a point is against a Peru.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Just so some of us can understand what you mean by your first line, let's try something.

Where do you rate New Zealand on the grand scheme of things?

Actually, let's make it  considerably more legible in terms of comparisons, how you feel.

Where would New Zealand rank in European terms for you?

What European national team would you say that New Zealand is more or less at a similar level with?

Just now, Anton said:

Hey Thailand didn't beat us. I'd also like to see the likes of Peru have to go to the Middle East and other Asian countries where pitches and weather are big factors. But anyway our best chance of a point is against a Peru.

I agree with you that your best chance of a point is against us, but I've seen both Australia and of course my Blanquiroja and we are much better.

South America has everything that Asia has except the absurd flight times. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Just so some of us can understand what you mean by your first line, let's try something.

Where do you rate New Zealand on the grand scheme of things?

Actually, let's make it  considerably more legible in terms of comparisons, how you feel.

Where would New Zealand rank in European terms for you?

What European national team would you say that New Zealand is more or less at a similar level with?

New Zealand are about Bulgaria's level I'd say. 

I think the problem with you and everyone else is that you make New Zealand look like an amateur team. They are shit, but they are all still professional players and some playing in top leagues with that experience. Just because we drew them in a game where we completely outplayed them anyways doesn't mean shit. Its 1 game. We beat them at home anyhow.

Teams don't have to be flawless to be good, and we aren't a world power so why the shock? No one here even remembers the New Zealand result anyways. I remember we were all angry when it happened but after we beat them the following week, we all forgot about it.

We still got good results against Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil so we have had more good then bad in the last 2 years.

5 hours ago, Anton said:

Peru also has factors like altitude, physical game(which is clearly lacked in Asia),hostile crowds and plus the opposition they play to get to the World Cup is better then any Asian team.  

3 hours ago, Azeem98 said:

Peru also has factors like altitude, physical game(which is clearly lacked in Asia),hostile crowds and plus the opposition they play to get to the World Cup is better then any Asian team.  

Peru are used to all of that. They do it year in year out in the same places against the same teams. Time and time again. 

I am definitely not saying Peru aren't a good team but I fancy our chances against them the most out of the 3.

11 hours ago, Blue said:

I agree with you that your best chance of a point is against us, but I've seen both Australia and of course my Blanquiroja and we are much better.

South America has everything that Asia has except the absurd flight times. 

New Zealand are about Bulgaria's level I'd say. 

I think the problem with you and everyone else is that you make New Zealand look like an amateur team. They are shit, but they are all still professional players and some playing in top leagues with that experience. Just because we drew them in a game where we completely outplayed them anyways doesn't mean shit. Its 1 game. We beat them at home anyhow.

Teams don't have to be flawless to be good, and we aren't a world power so why the shock? No one here even remembers the New Zealand result anyways. I remember we were all angry when it happened but after we beat them the following week, we all forgot about it.

We still got good results against Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil so we have had more good then bad in the last 2 years.

New Zealand is not Bulgaria level, it never has been and never will. I would say they are Luxembourg level but only just... Maybe even Liechtenstein but only just. Remember what Mexico did to them in the same situation.

You also had to work hard to beat them at home even with all the hostility they went through.

I think that if you’re (Perú) on your game and your opponent doesn’t take you as seriously as they should, then your boys will give most teams a hard game. But if everything is set in line, then most of the big nations would rather play Perú than any of the other South American national teams anytime. 

Would you say that’s fair?

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

New Zealand is not Bulgaria level, it never has been and never will. I would say they are Luxembourg level but only just... Maybe even Liechtenstein but only just. Remember what Mexico did to them in the same situation.

You also had to work hard to beat them at home even with all the hostility they went through.

I think that if you’re (Perú) on your game and your opponent doesn’t take you as seriously as they should, then your boys will give most teams a hard game. But if everything is set in line, then most of the big nations would rather play Perú than any of the other South American national teams anytime. 

Would you say that’s fair?

Not fair at all. New Zealand are miles ahead of Luxembourg ffs. It's not even comparable, Luxembourg are semi professionals where as New Zealand are all full time players and playing in top leagues. 

Mexicl also had to work to beat them at the confed cup. NZ aren't a good team, not even close but it's insulting to them to put them at an amateurish level.

It's almost impossible to judge where New Zealand would be amongst the European teams, as they play teams of that level so few and far between. It's not like they were humiliated at the Confederations Cup last summer. Not more so than an average international team would be.

And by just looking at their squad, you can really judge a team by that. Look at Northern Ireland and their squad, they have Josh Magennis as one of their main attacking threats. They play far better than the sum of their parts.

The thing I saw from New Zealand is that they actually have defensive talent. They don't just rely on good positioning to get points. Up front they are really bad, couldn't string 3 consecutive passes in our match. However they are much, much better than Luxembourg and Lichtenstein. To even put them in the same boat is insulting to them. 

They have talent and can work to a certain level with a right manager but even at their worst I don't see them being at the level of Luxembourg. They are capable of losing to teams like that but that doesn't automatically mean they are as bad.

• 1 month later...

My Predictions for teams that advance in each group -

Group A - Uruguay & Egypt
Group B - Spain & Portugal
Group C - France & Denmark
Group D - Argentina & Coatia
Group E -Brazil & Costa Rica
Group F -Germany & Mexico
Group G Belguim & England
Group H Colombia & Senegal

1 hour ago, Eco said:

My Predictions for teams that advance in each group -

Group A - Uruguay & Egypt

Group B - Spain & Portugal

Group C - France & Peru

Group D - Argentina & Iceland

Group E -Brazil & Costa Rica

Group F -Germany & South Korea

Group G Belgium & England

Group H Poland & Senegal

Edited to who I think will go through. Only 4 changes for me.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived