talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 5 Fixtures - 19-21 September 2017

football forum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messi using his quota of good form to drop it and lose against us on October 5th B|

It would be funny if Messi wins Ballon D'or now based on a end of the year run.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Messi using his quota of good form to drop it and lose against us on October 5th B|

It would be funny if Messi wins Ballon D'or now based on a end of the year run.

Based on the whole year mate! He was top scorer in La Liga last season and performed all year. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Based on the whole year mate! He was top scorer in La Liga last season and performed all year. 

Maybe but most people would tell you it was Ronaldo's year.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I know. But look at the whole year and not 74 days. 

I'm speaking for football fans as a whole, not for myself.

I don't think its either Ronaldo's or Messi's this year. I've made it clear that I think Neymar has been at least the most consistent top 3 player. 

Out of the last 5 years this is the toughest pick for Balon D'or. Still a joke of an award but its still a subject to debate.

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Give it a rest Brian, I like you but you're talking shite here. Just let it be and move on.

I don't see how I'm speaking shite, after all it is all my opinion but fair enough I'll leave it.

EDIT: Ah, I see. It was poor wording on my part. I meant to say I don't know who will win it but based on individuality I think Neymar deserves it but it will probably be the usual 2.

20170919-636414618824661445_201709192354

FC BARCELONA 6-1 SD EIBAR (FT)

Brilliant second half from Barcelona.  More dynamic and closing down the Eibar players quicker and more efficiently...  Paulinho even got more involved in the pass and move in midfield which helped.  Haven't got a lot to say other than a brilliant game from Nélson Semedo who had it not been for Messi he'd have been MOTM.  But Messi is just something extraordinary and there are no adjectives left to add to the thousands that have been thrown at him all these years.  The Eibar players just couldn't live with him in the second half and I have no idea what position he was playing in because he was everywhere.

Just to add one thing...  For all of Deulofeu's fine work in inventing stuff attacking wise...  I'll give him a 10 for that.  He was absolutely dreadful 90% of the time in his final decision making.  Aleix Vidal in 11 minutes offered more in that sense that Gerard Deulofeu did the rest of the game.  He really does have to buckle up his ideas and decide earlier, have his mind mad up while he's on route to creating something.  Important win to keep it all going.

It was only Eibar, but we weren't seeing these performances last season when there were heavy rotations made. Valverde is really using the depth at his disposal to great effect here and just as I thought, the squad is there, it's about how it is utilised and Valverde is doing a great job of it. Enrique did a brilliant job at the club, but was, for me the main problem last season and seemed to completely lose it. Valverde's substitutions are also having a bigger impact when needed.

I'll say it again, Semedo is a beast. He's up and down the pitch all day.

Paulinho has really impressed me and way outperformed how I'd have expected so far.

Denis is starting to look better all the time.

Ter Stegen continues to make quality saves at important periods of the game, today it was the one on one when it was 0-0. A goal there could have made the game very different.

Nothing really has to be said about Messi, just watch him

Deulofeu was the only weak point today.

42 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I know. But look at the whole year and not 74 days. 

It'll be the same as 2016 where Messi was a level above any other player in his allround play over the course of the year, but will lose it to Ronaldo due to the fact that the latter's team won major honours. Then again, it would be a lot more understandable this year(not saying I agree with it) given how many he scored in such important games in the champs league knock outs. 2016 was a joke, but even though I don't necessarily agree with it, I would understand it more this year as scoring that amount of goals in such games is something which is going to stick in the minds of the people who vote for the award. As I said though, he wouldn't receive my vote. If speaking strictly about the way individuals have performed over the last 12 months then Messi has, yet again been the stand out player in world football.

I forgot to add also,  I thought Eibar played a lot better and put in a lot more effort than 6-1 would suggest and were arguably the better side for a lot of the first half. The second half was a brilliant Barcelona performance though, particularly from Messi who was on fire, as he has been all season so far.

• Administrator

20 minutes left and Betis are resisting Real's attacks. Still 0-0 but Asensio has just come on. Wouldn't surprise me if he plays a part in any goal Madrid score to potentially win the game. Betis have had their chances mainly in the first half though. 

Adan has made some great saves to deny Madrid shots though. 

• Administrator

was just about to comment how this was one of the best 0-0's I've seen in a while but now it's even better given Betis have grabbed the winner.

Serves Real right for not taking the countless chances they've had. Was so frustrated that Betis were getting men forward and having more attackers than Real had defenders but it didn't matter in the end!

Brilliant stuff by Betis. Adan is my man of the match though. Amazing saves throughout. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived