• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Messi will also be associated with Saudi football as a player or like Xavi in Qatar, a mentor role. MBS is pushing really hard for his vision 2030, their World Cup bid is just a part of it and signing Ronaldo is just a start . I can't see them leaving Messi out. 

On 01/01/2023 at 17:02, Beelzebub said:

Messi will also be associated with Saudi football as a player or like Xavi in Qatar, a mentor role. MBS is pushing really hard for his vision 2030, their World Cup bid is just a part of it and signing Ronaldo is just a start . I can't see them leaving Messi out. 

His mate Luis Suárez has just joined Gremio in Brazil. 2 more years for Messi at PSG(since I can't see him back at Barcelona) in that number 10 role before moving back to Argentina or going to Brazil, where he'd have a chance at winning one of the big South American leagues and the Copa Libertadores, would be a far better ending. That really would cement a career.

Miami is where he'll end up though, it's more suited to his family lifestyle and he'd actually have privacy, unlike in Argentina. He also already has a house out there apparently.

Saying that, if he did go to Argentina, River Plate would actually be a better option over Newell's as the latter are currently a  mess. At River, he could win it all. It unfortunately won't happen though.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Saying that, if he did go to Argentina, River Plate would actually be a better option over Newell's as the latter are currently a  mess. At River, he could win it all. It unfortunately won't happen though.

To be honest, I can imagine at every bad result, Berserker is gonna be waiting outside the stadium with a machete.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/01/2023 at 06:17, Carnivore Chris said:

His mate Luis Suárez has just joined Gremio in Brazil. 2 more years for Messi at PSG(since I can't see him back at Barcelona) in that number 10 role before moving back to Argentina or going to Brazil, where he'd have a chance at winning one of the big South American leagues and the Copa Libertadores, would be a far better ending. That really would cement a career.

Miami is where he'll end up though, it's more suited to his family lifestyle and he'd actually have privacy, unlike in Argentina. He also already has a house out there apparently.

Suarez was average for Nacional amazingly, but super good for Gremio. Granted he's doing it in the state league and not the best state league either. I also thought he was good at the World Cup though, so it's a curious case. Also, the Libertadores has recently become very one-sided, so much to the point the only Argentine team capable of winning it now is River. Otherwise Brazil is going to be the one that keeps on winning.

Anyways, Messi will never go back to Argentina. He cares more about his family now than the football (with the exception of the last World Cup).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 01/01/2023 at 22:02, Beelzebub said:

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/05/2023 at 04:11, Beelzebub said:

Mbappe

Games: 51

Goals: 51

Assists: 13

Goal contributions: 64

Haaland

Goals: 53

Assists: 9

Goal contributions: 62

Messi

Goals: 37

Assists: 25

Goal contributions: 62

Salah

Games: 52

Goals: 34

Assists: 14

Goal contributions: 48

Goal contributions for club and country this season. It also has to be noted that he's pretty much a number 10 these days.

He still has a year or 2 left(before retiring in Saudi Arabia/USA) and another international tournament(which he'd be better playing at the top level in preparation for it) in my opinion. Going there already, when he's still got something to give, would be pretty sad to be honest.

I'd be surprised if that happened yet as he's still got something to offer big clubs, even just for his creative/playmaking abilities alone. He carves out chances for fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
18 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

I think the idea of an expanded Club World Cup ever four years.

But it should only be the winners, and not the stupid 12 European teams that FIFA are proposing.

Yeah I think it sounds good in theory, but in practice it's just going to be a watered down Champions League.

18 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

I think the idea of an expanded Club World Cup ever four years.

But it should only be the winners, and not the stupid 12 European teams that FIFA are proposing.

Issue of that proposal is you won't find many people willing to pay for attending a match between the Oceanian and the African CL winners. Also the only purpose for this tournament is to create money for FIFA, so it's quite generous that clubs from outside Europe and South America are even allowed into it, if we're honest.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• 4 months later...