talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

Now it should be kept in mind that I don't think he is world class. He's not better than the likes of Luiz, Verthonghen or Alderwereild. More so better than players like Otamemdi, Stones and Williams. That's where I'm going with this.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

A quick google search of him takes me to a Spanish film director of the same name.

When I finally find his wiki it shows the biggest club he's ever played for was Sporting Lisbon, who according to Wiki, he played for 7 times, nearly 6 years ago.

He didn't get much of an opportunity at Lisbon but he did get a proper chance at Rio Ave and Braga, which for the latter he played a Europa League final which I know isn't much but its a final experience that not many Peruvians have at international level.

Certainly underrated though. Along with the Brazilians, he's been one of the best CB's in South America the past 2 years. If it were only qualifying I'd say that its just the NT (reason I don't think Corzo is one of the best) but in the league, its just too easy for him. Barely puts effort and still defends with ease. 

Considering how awful a lot of CB's are in the Prem, he could easily do a job defensively for most teams in that league.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:rofl: 7 times nearly 6 years ago :rofl:!!! he plays for a team thats in debt SEVEN times what its worth 

I'm still waiting for your Ruidiaz excuses.

There's a lot of other things you need to explain but I'm in a good mood.

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

He didnt get a chance to be succesful but yet he is 80% better then the premier league defenders.:rofl: keep the hard work chupa pijas!!! Peru best journalist! better than 75% of the journalists in England  :rofl:

Hamsik top 10 in the world and Napoli the second best midfield in the world..... get dominated by shakthar and of course you didnt comment on the result like a little bitch :rofl:

dont expect nothing but a mentada de madre pendeja! 

I just wanted to say one thing and I'll leave it where it is.

"Keep the hard work" well the work certainly is paying off. I work for press now and have my own website, I'd say whatever I'm doing "wrong" is working. If you don't like my opinions that is your problem, but I would like to see you reach my position. I didn't get to where I am by luck.

Napoli losing won't change my opinion, shit performances on a regular basis from the midfield will. Real Madrid get so many dodgy draws in La Liga, so they can't have the best midfield following your logic.

Good luck with it!

Edited by Guest

way for Teso to ruin yet ANOTHER discussion that was going fine.

The generousity with the admins has been superb, if anyone complains about "strict" I will hunt them down and duct tape their mouth.

4 hours ago, Blue said:

He didn't get much of an opportunity at Lisbon but he did get a proper chance at Rio Ave and Braga, which for the latter he played a Europa League final which I know isn't much but its a final experience that not many Peruvians have at international level.

Certainly underrated though. Along with the Brazilians, he's been one of the best CB's in South America the past 2 years. If it were only qualifying I'd say that its just the NT (reason I don't think Corzo is one of the best) but in the league, its just too easy for him. Barely puts effort and still defends with ease. 

Considering how awful a lot of CB's are in the Prem, he could easily do a job defensively for most teams in that league.

Who are the awful defenders? John Stones and Otamendi? You are joking.

Just now, Danny said:

Who are the awful defenders? John Stones and Otamendi? You are joking.

Don't know if they are "awful" but I don't rate them highly. At international level they have been both quite exposed.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

But you rate them below a Peruvian centre back who's 33 and his best years came playing for Braga?

Yes, I do. For one, I don't discriminate: 2 is that Peruvians don't get easy moves to Europe simply for the lack of world cups in the last 30 years and also not doing great in the Copa Libertadores. Even worse if you're a defender. To put it simple, would you rather scout Argentina, or Peru if you're a Man City/Chelsea/Man United scout? Lastly, his best years are right now. He's been easily one of the best center backs in these qualifiers where as Otamendi has been awful. Some advice, I wouldn't guess whether a player is poor or not if you've never seen him especially if you can only guess for him based on the clubs he's played.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Yes, I do. For one, I don't discriminate: 2 is that Peruvians don't get easy moves to Europe simply for the lack of world cups in the last 30 years and also not doing great in the Copa Libertadores. Even worse if you're a defender. To put it simple, would you rather scout Argentina, or Peru if you're a Man City/Chelsea/Man United scout? Lastly, his best years are right now. He's been easily one of the best center backs in these qualifiers where as Otamendi has been awful. Some advice, I wouldn't guess whether a player is poor or not if you've never seen him especially if you can only guess for him based on the clubs he's played.

I get it, you're from Peru, this guys from Peru, you think hes the best in the world with the rest of the Peru squad.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I get it, you're from Peru, this guys from Peru, you think hes the best in the world with the rest of the Peru squad.

How did you come to that conclusion xD

I don't think he's world class but there are very few CB's in the PL who are or even come close to it. Again, I'd rate him over most while Luiz, the 2 Spurs defenders and Bailly are the clear examples while there could be a couple others who are better. Otamendi and Stones aren't. If Stones was Peruvian he'd still be in South America.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

How did you come to that conclusion xD

I don't think he's world class but there are very few CB's in the PL who are or even come close to it. Again, I'd rate him over most while Luiz, the 2 Spurs defenders and Bailly are the clear examples while there could be a couple others who are better. Otamendi and Stones aren't. If Stones was Peruvian he'd still be in South America.

Mate the guys best years came playing for Braga, they wouldn't even be top 4 in England and you're comparing him to players like Otamendi and Stones. Johnny Evans wouldn't even be playing for Rio bloody Ave.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Mate the guys best years came playing for Braga, they wouldn't even be top 4 in England and you're comparing him to players like Otamendi and Stones. Johnny Evans wouldn't even be playing for Rio bloody Ave.

If Stone was Peruvian chances are he would.

Again, if you're a scout in a top 5 league, would you rather scout Peru (no World Cup since 1982, no Libertadores final since 1997) or Argentina (2 time world champion, usual Libertadores winner)

You're underestimating how hard it is for Peruvians to get noticed especially domestically. Sure there are a few like Pizarro but even then he's 1 in 20, while 1 in 2 Argentinian get easy moves to Europe.

with the amount of divisions there are in England, it certainly wasn't easy for Stones to get to where he is but he's still English and raised by English clubs. 

The day we reach a World Cup whenever we do we'll get more noticed like Chile. We are the nation who exports the least in South America.

I can name you several shite Brazilians who have played in the PL that Paolo Guerrero is miles better, Jo for instance.

If Stone was Peruvian chances are he would.

Again, if you're a scout in a top 5 league, would you rather scout Peru (no World Cup since 1982, no Libertadores final since 1997) or Argentina (2 time world champion, usual Libertadores winner)

You're underestimating how hard it is for Peruvians to get noticed especially domestically. Sure there are a few like Pizarro but even then he's 1 in 20, while 1 in 2 Argentinian get easy moves to Europe.

with the amount of divisions there are in England, it certainly wasn't easy for Stones to get to where he is but he's still English and raised by English clubs. 

The day we reach a World Cup whenever we do we'll get more noticed like Chile. We are the nation who exports the least in South America.

I can name you several shite Brazilians who have played in the PL that Paolo Guerrero is miles better, Jo for instance.

Why are you talking about scouting Peru though? The guy played in Portugal, where top clubs have scouts all the time, and didn't sufficiently impress anyone bigger than Sporting. It may be hard for Peruvians to get scouted domestically, but that's not relevant to this guy because he got his move to Europe and failed.

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Why are you talking about scouting Peru though? The guy played in Portugal, where top clubs have scouts all the time, and didn't sufficiently impress anyone bigger than Sporting. It may be hard for Peruvians to get scouted domestically, but that's not relevant to this guy because he got his move to Europe and failed.

Failed? Dude he manage to play a Europa league final with Braga... you're just assuming he failed when he didn't. Playing that final with Braga isn't a small feat.

Hurtado failed at reading and he's tearing the Portuguese league up at a mid table club. You can't just assume a player is bad based on his club.

Besides, are you sure he failed or just wasn't given a chance? The 2 are different.

Alberto Rodriguez is one of the 3 reasons Peru is fighting to get to a World Cup, and being better than Otamendi in the qualifiers is one reason. The latter was left on the ground by Guerrero, Rondon and Martins!

Its my opinion and you can disagree with it but it's really short sighted to say that he's not good enough based on his club.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Failed? Dude he manage to play a Europa league final with Braga... you're just assuming he failed when he didn't. Playing that final with Braga isn't a small feat.

No one who forges a career as a professional footballer has absolutely failed, so I obviously mean it in relative terms. If you want to tell me this guy could be among the top 20% of CBs in the Premier League, then yes he did fail in relative terms by topping out at Sporting (or Braga if, like me, you're hesitant to even count his 7 game spell at Sporting).

Playing in a Europa League final may be an impressive achievement for Braga, but we're not talking about Braga, we're talking about this footballer whose name I've already forgotten. The top players in surprisingly successful teams always move on to better things. Kante moved on to Chelsea, Vardy nearly went to Arsenal and Mahrez tried to go as well; from the Liverpool side who nearly won the league in 13/14, Suarez left for Barcelona, Sterling went to City, and last summer Coutinho tried to force his way to Barcelona. Did your man move up from Braga? Well sort of, he went to Sporting, who are bigger than Braga, but still no great shakes in European terms these days. In any case, he wasn't there long.

Hurtado failed at reading and he's tearing the Portuguese league up at a mid table club.

Yeah... do you see how this doesn't support your argument that someone who topped out in Portugal would be a success in the Premier League?

24 minutes ago, Blue said:

Besides, are you sure he failed or just wasn't given a chance? The 2 are different.

He was given a chance in Europe, though. That's my point and it's indisputable. He had a chance to play in Europe.

I suppose you could argue he wasn't given a chance to play in a better league, but no one's just given that chance; they have to earn it and he clearly didn't.

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

No one who forges a career as a professional footballer has absolutely failed, so I obviously mean it in relative terms. If you want to tell me this guy could be among the top 20% of CBs in the Premier League, then yes he did fail in relative terms by topping out at Sporting (or Braga if, like me, you're hesitant to even count his 7 game spell at Sporting).

Playing in a Europa League final may be an impressive achievement for Braga, but we're not talking about Braga, we're talking about this footballer whose name I've already forgotten. The top players in surprisingly successful teams always move on to better things. Kante moved on to Chelsea, Vardy nearly went to Arsenal and Mahrez tried to go as well; from the Liverpool side who nearly won the league in 13/14, Suarez left for Barcelona, Sterling went to City, and last summer Coutinho tried to force his way to Barcelona. Did your man move up from Braga? Well sort of, he went to Sporting, who are bigger than Braga, but still no great shakes in European terms these days. In any case, he wasn't there long.

Yeah... do you see how this doesn't support your argument that someone who topped out in Portugal would be a success in the Premier League?

He was given a chance in Europe, though. That's my point and it's indisputable. He had a chance to play in Europe.

I suppose you could argue he wasn't given a chance to play in a better league, but no one's just given that chance; they have to earn it and he clearly didn't.

Your first paragraph is just a complete guess. Its true that he didn't get his chance to move up much, but as you mentioned he got a move to Lisbon. Keep in mind most PL teams raid from the 3 Portuguese sides for new talent and reinforcements, so sure they may not be a giant in European football but still a place that's enough to be better than most of the CB's in a league that's shambles defensively. Back to my first point though, you're just guessing based on his club. Have you ever even seen him to make a judgement? You could doubt it as my point sounds silly to people who have never watched anything Peru based in football, but at the end of the day that somewhat proves my point. If you're assuming he's not great because of the clubs he played for, it shows how underrated some Peruvian footballers are. Rodriguez is certainly one, Guerrero is another.

Its not something I've made up but Rodriguez has shut down almost every opposing striker in these qualifiers. Only Gabriel Jesus has got the better of him. If it was only on the NT, then yeah maybe I wouldn't know what I'm on about. Corzo shut down Sanchez, Neymar and Di María. The difference is he didn't completely shut them down like Rodriguez and Corzo actually breaks a sweat in the domestic league while the other doesn't.

Otamendi on the other hand... rumours have it that he's still trying to get up after Rondon ran rings around him.

And I guess my point that Hurtado didn't get his chance at Reading doesn't support my argument but many players who are brilliant don't get along well in the U.K. I wouldn't say he is "brilliant" but he is a good player. That's for another argument though.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Your first paragraph is just a complete guess. Its true that he didn't get his chance to move up much, but as you mentioned he got a move to Lisbon. Keep in mind most PL teams raid from the 3 Portuguese sides for new talent and reinforcements, so sure they may not be a giant in European football but still a place that's enough to be better than most of the CB's in a league that's shambles defensively. Back to my first point though, you're just guessing based on his club. Have you ever even seen him to make a judgement? You could doubt it as my point sounds silly to people who have never watched anything Peru based in football, but at the end of the day that somewhat proves my point. If you're assuming he's not great because of the clubs he played for, it shows how underrated some Peruvian footballers are. Rodriguez is certainly one, Guerrero is another.

And yet no one in the Premier League picked him up after he left Braga or Sporting. Can't think why?

Just now, Burning Gold said:

And yet no one in the Premier League picked him up after he left Braga or Sporting. Can't think why?

Maybe because football was different 7-10 years ago. Not a whole lot but you don't have to play for a great club to be a great player.

If you're a Peruvian and a CB playing in Europe, that's a great feat already.

Again, this is just a case if you guessing. You've never seen him in your life. He's not world class, he's not better than the top defenders in the PL but he's easily better than Stones and Otamendi. I can tell you via comparisons and that I've seen all 3.

• The title was changed to Unpopular Football Opinions