• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 6 Fixtures - 23-25 September 2017

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

did you see Marcelino pull his hammy after the 3rd goal went in xD ?

Marcelino is completely crazy!  The amount of times he's managed to get rival fans all riled up because of his antics are too many to count!  He's a very unique character xD

11 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Nah I haven't seen that either mate but I will watch the extended highlights of it.

I'm just watching the extended highlights of the Barcelona game now. Ter Stegen is a monster! Quality keeper and an unsung hero. He doesn't get enough credit. A few years ago he was one of the best young keepers in the world, but now he's one of the best keepers in the world full stop.

Agree that ter stegen's a good goalie mate but I'm not always convinced by him, especially when it comes to dealing with set pieces, crosses, and corners. Always heart in mouth moments when he deals with those.

His German pragmatism is also, for me, a bit of a problem too. When he realizes he can't possibly reach a goal bound ball he makes little to no effort to stop it. Doesn't even raise his hands. Granted, he may not stop it but compare and contrast that with someone like Keylor Navas who you just know will make every attempt to reach the ball using his panther like prowess. We need players with passion at Barca, not just pragmatism.

He doesn't distribute the ball particularly well either, constantly giving the ball to the opposition. I know that passing the ball and building from the back is part of our game but he's error prone when it comes to that dimension of our game too.  That, along with his weaknesses in dealing with set pieces, crosses, and corners means that he's not the best possible goalkeeper we could have. I personally would like to see another world-class goalie challenge him for the position.

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

It was a boring first half. I switched off xD. Levante seem to have imploded judging by the scoreline.

Yeah mate, it was interesting tactically from my point of view rather than it being a good game in terms of the typical reasons of chances/end to end etc. Much better second half in that regard.

Setien's Betis look a lot more defensively sound than his Las Palmas did. They're a different breed on that island mind.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived