talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Universitario's Debt Problems

football forum

Not going to pretend people care about the Peruvian league, but there might be a few people who are familiar with finances or similar issues (Rangers)

We've gotten off the hook with this unpayable debt for years, and we might be forced to play the Liga de Breña next year, which will be an awful place to get out of as the third division has 24000 teams.

28 Million Soles in debt according to RPP which is about 63,854,819 pounds if I did my math correctly. It would be better to just start over as even European clubs could barely par that, never mind a Peruvian side.

What do others know about finances?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Not going to pretend people care about the Peruvian league, but there might be a few people who are familiar with finances or similar issues (Rangers)

We've gotten off the hook with this unpayable debt for years, and we might be forced to play the Liga de Breña next year, which will be an awful place to get out of as the third division has 24000 teams.

28 Million Soles in debt according to RPP which is about 63,854,819 pounds if I did my math correctly. It would be better to just start over as even European clubs could barely par that, never mind a Peruvian side.

What do others know about finances?

Image result for what the gif

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Image result for what the gif

24,420 the exact number. It works in a very complicated format, but the winner wins automatic promotion to the primera. Its odd but in a way its a great reward for the amount of games, and how tedious the format is.

You start playing in your district, the winner of that plays in the municipal. Winner of the municipal is represented in the provincial, and the winner of the provincial is represented in the national stage. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Copa_Perú

There you can get an example of how the national stage is.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

24,420? That's fucking pathetic. 

I will change that word to shocking.

The format is actually really intruiging, Its got flaws, but its great fun to follow and that's where most U17 talent comes from.

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Surely a pyramid like the UK would be better?

Yeah mate it would work much better and have more benefit overall, but it's unique and our football is too Lima centric to support too many clubs in a pyramid. We would have a similar format to nations like Ecuador and Chile otherwise.

My reason for liking it though is entirely on taste. As I said it's unique and an interesting competition. It has its own benefits but yeah the traditional format would have more.

Archived