talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

4 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

One of the worst things about Career mode this year is your players rejecting moves left right & centre even when they're on the transfer list. I swear I've had 5 players transfer listed for 2 straight seasons and they reject moves to almost everyone except a top club.

I hate how Man Utd still bench Pogba. Had this issue with FIFA 17 career mode as well. xD

Big issue in FIFA 17 was City being absolutely piss easy to beat. It changed a little but yet again Arsenal are still the toughest out of the top 6. 

Morata (85)

Hazard (91)-------------------------Dybala (88)

Sandro (87)-----------Bakayoko (83)------------Kante (88)------------Azpilicueta (86)

Laporte (85)--------------David Luiz (86)--------Christensen (83)

Courtois (91) 

Edited by Cicero

The team selections are baffling at times, I played against Chelsea and Morata, Kante, Luiz & Hazard were all on the bench in a league game. 

Another thing that annoys me is the unrealistic loan deals, Martial was on loan at OGC Nice of all places yet when you try and loan good players yourself it's says they are not available for loan.

2 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

The team selections are baffling at times, I played against Chelsea and Morata, Kante, Luiz & Hazard were all on the bench in a league game. 

Another thing that annoys me is the unrealistic loan deals, Martial was on loan at OGC Nice of all places yet when you try and loan good players yourself it's says they are not available for loan.

Spurs bench Dele Alli as well. So weird. 

It's down to the logistics of the game. If a certain players' identified position doesn't match up with the formation, the AI doesn't recognise them and just benches them. Pogba isn't a CDM nor CAM, so he's benched. Dele Alli isn't a CM nor a RF or LF, so he's benched. 

Right at the very start of the second season:-

Ter Stegen

Semedo -- Laporte -- Pique -- Alba

Thiago - Busquets - Verratti

Messi ----- Suarez ----- Dembele

Subs:

Kepa, Umtiti, Grimaldo, Saul, Denis, Ceballos, Mbappe, Deulofeu, Sanabria, Roberto, Lucas Hernandez

Top scorers and assisters from the first season:-

YYvGB93.jpg

12eVF26.jpg

@Cicero

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 2

football forum

How is the game in terms of fucking you over @The Rebel CRS? Last year I did a save with Barcelona and the board sold ter Stegen overnight for £13,000,000 because be became home-sick. 

Has stuff like this been removed or is it still alive and kicking? I'd love to do my Barcelona save again but was totally put off by the above.

If players have clauses in their contracts then you can lose them, but an easy way to prevent this is to simply renew the contracts of every player you want to keep who has a clause and remove the clause from their contract. As for other players, I've lost the likes of Paco Alcacer and Rafinha due to their clauses but I was planning on selling anyway and got a good price for them.

I remember on Fifa a few years ago where Neymar left as he was  homesick. The club he went to wasn't Santos though, not even Sao Paulo or Corinthians, but Bayern Munich. It made no sense.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

football forum
45 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

If players have clauses in their contracts then you can lose them, but an easy way to prevent this is to simply renew the contracts of every player you want to keep who has a clause and remove the clause from their contract. As for other players, I've lost the likes of Paco Alcacer and Rafinha due to their clauses but I was planning on selling anyway and got a good price for them.

I remember on Fifa a few years ago where Neymar left as he was  homesick. The club he went to wasn't Santos though, not even Sao Paulo or Corinthians, but Bayern Munich. It made no sense.

The best home-sick story I've had was Seamus Coleman whilst I was managing Everton. He just couldn't adapt to England apparently xD. Good to know that the sales of players has been reworked.

It was absolutely daft as fuck. I've not had that happen yet though, but be wary of the clauses. It can be handy in terms of when buying players mind. I bought out Ceballos' contract from Real Madrid.

At the start of the second season I have just gotten rid of: Paulinho(19.5 million), Mascherano(9 million), Iniesta(30 million!), Rakitic(65 million), Munir(12 million), Samper(6.5 mil) and a few other
returning loanees.

Brought in: Thiago(90 million), Lucas Hernandez(20 million) and Mbappe(45 million).

First team:

Ter Stegen

Semedo -- Pique -- Laporte -- Alba

Verratti -- Busquets -- Thiago

Messi(c) -- Suarez -- Dembele

Second Team:

Kepa

Roberto -- Hernandez -- Umtiti(c) -- Grimaldo

Denis -- Saul -- Ceballos

Mbappe -- Sanabria -- Deulofeu

Obviously within no time Busquets, Pique and Alba will be replaced by Saul, Umtiti and Grimaldo respectively and Mbappe, slowly bled into Suarez' position as he declines.

Messi hasn't lost a single overall rating yet so I can see him being highly rated until retirement and I may still get a good 3/4 seasons out of him.

Iniesta dropped to 83, so I decided to get rid since I have other mids who are growing, getting better and I was offered a nice sum for him. Suarez has also dropped from 92 to 90, but he's still class enough. Busquets and Alba have also dropped 1 each, while Pique and Messi have stayed the same on 87 and 93 respectively.

Iniesta will now be playing in North London, although not at Arsenal, but Tottenham. Can you imagine @SirBalon's reaction if the new board(Me in this case) were to not only sell Iniesta, but to Spurs? :ph34r:

Edited by The Rebel CRS

football forum
2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It was absolutely daft as fuck [...]

Thanks for the info mate, good team you've got there too. I bought Laporte (who was excellent) and Mbappe (who was shit) in last year's game but the latter was unknown at launch which is why he didn't prosper. 

Amazing that you got that cash for Iniesta too xD 

16 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Thanks for the info mate, good team you've got there too. I bought Laporte (who was excellent) and Mbappe (who was shit) in last year's game but the latter was unknown at launch which is why he didn't prosper. 

Amazing that you got that cash for Iniesta too xD 

Premier league clubs come in handy when it comes to selling players and getting top prices.

Iniesta 30 mil to Spurs

Paulinho 19 million to West Ham

Munir 12 million to Swansea(I think it was)

Rakitic 65 million to Arsenal

I got 45 million for Rafinha as well off City. Arsenal paid out Paco's 35 million clause with Chelsea paying a top price of about 27.5 mil for Cilessen, who was replaced for free with Kepa.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

Scout a future star from the catalogue is a must for me. Once you find him, unlock all the 'focused training', and inject him with the roids during training sessions. 

Got my lad at 16, 58 rated at the start of the season. Now 70 rated coming into March. 

On 10/25/2017 at 5:49 PM, Cicero said:

Big issue in FIFA 17 was City being absolutely piss easy to beat. It changed a little but yet again Arsenal are still the toughest out of the top 6. 

The first thing you should do when playing a new Fifa game is edit all the City player stats to 99 for more realism ;)

Just finished my first career. Won the league and CL. Switched to a 4-2-3-1 as I was hardly creating anything against teams that parked the bus. *Horn is my 'scout a star' request from Germany. First season and I grew him from a 58 to a 73. The lad is 16 and plays like an 85 rated player. 

Morata (86)

Hazard (91)-------Dybala(91)-------Horn (73)

Bakayoko (83) ---Kante (90)

Sandro (87)-----Laporte (86)-----Christensen (84)-----Azpilicueta (86)

Courtois (91)

Edited by Cicero

football forum
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Just finished my first career. Won the league and CL. Switched to a 4-2-3-1 as I was hardly creating anything against teams that parked the bus. *Horn is my 'scout a star' request from Germany. First season and I grew him from a 58 to a 73. The lad is 16 and plays like an 85 rated player. 

Morata (86)

Courtois (91)

Some team that @Cicero, no surprise that you're winning titles. 

It'll be interesting to see how Horn develops too as it sounds as though you've got a mini-Messi on your hands. 

I presume he's a re-gen?

45 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Some team that @Cicero, no surprise that you're winning titles. 

It'll be interesting to see how Horn develops too as it sounds as though you've got a mini-Messi on your hands. 

I presume he's a re-gen?

Nah mate. 

Career mode secret (kind of). @The Rebel CRS You should try it too. 

Assuming you lot have been playing FIFA for ages, you should have a tremendous amount of points accumulated for the EA Sports Catalogue. In the Career section of the catalogue, there are a number of different options that are entitled (scout future star) which should cost around 2,000-7,500 points. What it does, is what ever career mode you are playing in, one of your scouts will tell you he is out in Europe trying to find the next best star. A few weeks later, he arrives back and a random generated player aged 16-17 from some country will be in your academy. His ceiling can reach up to 95 I believe. 

So, what you then do with this player is go in the catalogue again, and find the (focused training) option. Think there are about 7 of them. What it does, is every training session, experience grows double for 5 sessions each. They also grow tremendously on their own if you continue to play them. 

In FIFA 17 I did the same thing, and my lad was nearly 87 rated before he turned 19. 

Edited by Cicero

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Morata (86)

Courtois (91)

First team:

Ter Stegen(87)

Semedo(85) -- Pique(87) -- Laporte(87) -- Alba(85)

Verratti(90) -- Saul(87) -- Thiago(90)

Messi(92) -- Suarez(90) -- Dembele(88)

I play Mbappe more than Suarez now. He's currently 87 but he's growing at a rapid rate and is already a beast, who is only second to Messi in the scoring charts. I don't play it too much to be honest, but need to play it more. Messi has dropped one but is still equally as ridiculous, he scores from anywhere and has it all. You have a lot of fun with Messi on Fifa games. But the next one who just keeps getting better is Dembele, now at 88. Saul has also started to play more ahead of Busquets and it won't be long before Alba loses his spot to Grimaldo, who isn't far off surpassing him. The next generation is here.

I will do that will the scouts mate. I have thought of doing it before, but then always ended up going for the take-overs instead. I'm going need a future Messi replacement and this could be the way.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

football forum
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

@The Rebel CRS The player is randomly generated. Height, nationality, position, foot, etc. So they could give you a defender for all we know. 

Dybala is my favorite player in this game. 

I've bought the future scout but the player hasn't appeared @Cicero. Where do I go to get him?

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I've bought the future scout but the player hasn't appeared @Cicero. Where do I go to get him?

Within a few weeks you should get an email indicating your scout has returned with a player. That player should be in your youth academy. If he is 16 or older, you can sign him onto the first team. 

football forum
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Within a few weeks you should get an email indicating your scout has returned with a player. That player should be in your youth academy. If he is 16 or older, you can sign him onto the first team. 

Thanks, I thought it was instant :).

• The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).