talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern sack Carlo Ancelotti - Heynckes takes over until the end of the season

football forum

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Without going into his history and using Google, I'd say not much if anything at all.  But the type of club that Bayern Munich are that isn't all that important.

What had Zinedine Zidane done at club level before taking over one of the most volatile jobs in clubs football?

Or Guardiola at Barcelona although on that one his knowledge of the club will defend the choice.

There's been plenty of names throughout the past that have taken high profile jobs and done well without having a massive track record at club level.

For me Löw is the perfect candidate...  Good man manager with big names, has the philosophy I particularly like in football and is a student of the game.  This is a personal opinion though and I'm sure Bundesliga experts can shoot me down like a pheasant in hunting season.

I'm not discrediting what he COULD do, I'm merely mentioning that he hasn't done enough at club level to be ranked alongside the best managers in world football. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Tuchel is the perfect replacement. What we've lacked has been mainly tactics for me, Tuchel could do wonders with our squad at his disposal.

Tuchel knows how to counter and how to train every system. He got the match plan right 95% of the time too. But he's extremely hard to deal with on a personal level.

If you sign him, you better give him every player he wants. Oh, and also say good bye to all your players that are not 100% professional during training and those who fuck up in matches and can't handle when Tuchel goes all nuclear on them the next training session.

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Imo, to be considered a top manager in the world (club) you have to at least have won one CL. 

Di Matteo is a top manager then? O.o I think having at least 2 league titles in two different countries with at least 2 champions league would get you recognition at least, then player development, building a club like a fortress, tactical prowness... will cement a coach status as one of the best

2 minutes ago, robosys said:

Di Matteo is a top manager then? O.o I think having at least 2 league titles in two different countries with at least 2 champions league would get you recognition at least, then player development, building a club like a fortress, tactical prowness... will cement a coach status as one of the best

Honestly, where do these united fans pop out from xD

They make 20Legend look decent 

2 minutes ago, robosys said:

Is tit Jupp Heynckes or Ottmar Hitzfeld you´re talking about?xD

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Well that rules out your beloved SAF i'm afraid 

Honestly, where do these united fans pop out from xD

They make 20Legend look decent 

Lol, actually, it doesn't, he built the team and made them what they are today! I wouldn't blame Pep or Mou or Conte for wanting to stay in a club for over 10 years, infact, those coaches usually say they want to stay at a club for an extended period of time to build their own legacy, so yeah, your longevity is also a factor

• Administrator
1 minute ago, robosys said:

Lol, actually, it doesn't, he built the team and made them what they are today! I wouldn't blame Pep or Mou or Conte for wanting to stay in a club for over 10 years, infact, those coaches usually say they want to stay at a club for an extended period of time to build their own legacy, so yeah, your longevity is also a factor

I thought Mourinho doesn't like being at clubs for too long?

Just now, robosys said:

Read it wrong but changed my post. Thought you said 2 CL with two different clubs. Although only 2 European Cups  with 27 years of management isn't a good return...:whistling:

My dig at you is your irrational sense of what makes a top manager. 

Just now, Stan said:

I thought Mourinho doesn't like being at clubs for too long?

Actually, he does, just didn't work out for him, he has said it multiple times about wanting to stay at one club for a long time but right now in this era, it is difficult to achieve that, player fallout with coaches, coaches fallout with board members or owners, etc My point is longevity goes a long way in cementing your status as a top coach, even Conte said something about wanting to take Chelsea to their new stadium and Pep saying something about loving the squad at his disposal and can see them acheiveing great things in the next few years :ay:

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Read it wrong but changed my post. Thought you said 2 CL with two different clubs. Although only 2 European Cups  with 27 years of management isn't a good return...:whistling:

My dig at you is your irrational sense of what makes a top manager. 

Well, how many coaches have 3 or more champions league trophies as a coach? Just because we see coaches racing into getting 2 doesn't mean they will get the 3rd one! 

Anyways, back on topic, I think Ancelotti lost it after his first season at Madrid and I really thought his many management was gonna make things work at Bayern but the exact opposite happened, I think Klopp is the favourite for the job long term, they've always admired his work ethic at Bayern

I agree with SirBalon. Low is one of the best managers in the world. Sure he has a top German side at his disposal but decisions like the one he took at the confederations cup are the type of decisions that win me over should they come through.

I said that Sampaoli was one of the best managers in the world when he was at Chile (and he has done more than Low at club level) so I'm not changing my views there.

3 minutes ago, robosys said:

Well, how many coaches have 3 or more champions league trophies as a coach? Just because we see coaches racing into getting 2 doesn't mean they will get the 3rd one! 

Anyways, back on topic, I think Ancelotti lost it after his first season at Madrid and I really thought his many management was gonna make things work at Bayern but the exact opposite happened, I think Klopp is the favourite for the job long term, they've always admired his work ethic at Bayern

So then Bob Paisley and Carlo Ancelotti > Sir Alex Ferguson

Gotcha 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So then Bob Paisley and Carlo Ancelotti > Sir Alex Ferguson

Gotcha 

Damn, the argument isn't about who is the best coach, I never said Ferguson was the best, we are talking about what determines a coach being named as one of the best and I said that's a factor, now if you think I am talking about the number one coach in the world then you are barking up the wrong tree because he is retired and this isn't about Ferguson! P.S. he's one of the greatest coach ever by the way so let's not get that twisted :coffee:

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Why I never rated Ancelotti as one of the best. People talk about Mourinho's 3rd season curse, but Ancelotti has a 2nd season curse. Chelsea, PSG,  Real, now Bayern. 

Both at Chelsea and at Bayern, he was fired after Clement left. Also, wasn't Clement at Derby when things went sour at Real? Carlo is not a good tactician and without Paul Clement he gets really exposed. His main strenght is managing the dressing room and keeping all players on the same page, but it's impossible to control players like Ribéry and Robben when you leave them on the bench. Bayern needs a cleaning. Would van Gaal take the job for the rest of the season? 😂 He is ruthless and could lay the needed ground to a guy like Tuchel take them to another level next season.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Both at Chelsea and at Bayern, he was fired after Clement left. Also, wasn't Clement at Derby when things went sour at Real? Carlo is not a good tactician and without Paul Clement he gets really exposed. His main strenght is managing the dressing room and keeping all players on the same page, but it's impossible to control players like Ribéry and Robben when you leave them on the bench. Bayern needs a cleaning. Would van Gaal take the job for the rest of the season? 😂 He is ruthless and could lay the needed ground to a guy like Tuchel take them to another level next season.

Don't think it's an option considering the manner in which he left the club...

I never realised how nepotistic his team is. His son is assistant coach, his fitness coach's son is also part of the team, and apparently the nutritionist dated Ancelotti's daughter. 

I know Guardiola looks out for his dad and brother off the pitch, but at least he isn't just letting family get a spot on his coaching team. 

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Tuchel is the perfect replacement. What we've lacked has been mainly tactics for me, Tuchel could do wonders with our squad at his disposal.

Nope. You think Tuchel, the man that was so mad at BVB's board can work with Bayern's board? No chance in hell they could have a relationship.

Archived