talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018: Russia - General Chat

football forum

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still blaming the doctors - but no worry really. If Jefferson Farfan keeps this form up until summer, we will have near the same quality up front. Its just the leadership that concerns me.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

How can you not blame anyone other than the player when he's been found guilty of snorting cocaine?!

Because I trust Paolo more than the doctors. He's not that stupid to risk himself not playing the World Cup which has been his dream for a long time. All the constant yelling at other teammates after conceding a goal. He's a model professional.

However, as all footballers he can be very careless and that's what I personally believed happened. That said, I'm not too worried. We're not as good without him but Farfan is beginning to refind his feet and I think he'll be a formidable replacement. Just remember what people said about Colombia in 2014 after Falcao got injured. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Because I trust Paolo more than the doctors. He's not that stupid to risk himself not playing the World Cup which has been his dream for a long time. All the constant yelling at other teammates after conceding a goal. He's a model professional.

However, as all footballers he can be very careless and that's what I personally believed happened. That said, I'm not too worried. We're not as good without him but Farfan is beginning to refind his feet and I think he'll be a formidable replacement. Just remember what people said about Colombia in 2014 after Falcao got injured. 

well, he was. Surprised he hasn't got a lifetime ban and I'm disappointed in FIFA for letting him off lightly. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Blue said:

Model professional :whistling:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Times have changed :P 

Well apparently not, seeing as he's suspended for cocaine metabolite xD Whether it was cocaine or coca tea, that's just stupid af.

Failing to return to Hamburg after the winter break due too alleged flight phobia and then turning up over two months late is hardly professionalism either :P 

Seriously, a good player, but a complete nutcase.

23 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You know I like you Brian but that is up there as one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen.

How come?

I'll put it this way: he can be careless and you'd be correct if you say that it's still his fault for not paying attention. 

However, I'm not going to put any of the blame on him and will put it on the doctor. After all, he is essentially the only reason we are going to compete in the world cup. He almost single handedly lead us to qualification. It wouldn't feel right if speak badly of him now regardless of who's fault it was. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

How come?

I'll put it this way: he can be careless and you'd be correct if you say that it's still his fault for not paying attention. 

However, I'm not going to put any of the blame on him and will put it on the doctor. After all, he is essentially the only reason we are going to compete in the world cup. He almost single handedly lead us to qualification. It wouldn't feel right if speak badly of him now regardless of who's fault it was. 

what if he murdered someone?

24 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well apparently not, seeing as he's suspended for cocaine metabolite xD Whether it was cocaine or coca tea, that's just stupid af.

Failing to return to Hamburg after the winter break due too alleged flight phobia and then turning up over two months late is hardly professionalism either :P 

Seriously, a good player, but a complete nutcase.

He's a model professional. He lead us through this world cup qualifying campaign. A team with FOUR points in september of last year qualified with 26. He was so commanding and treated every game as if it was a final. He would constantly yell at his teammates if he was doing something wrong and single them out to not make another mistake. It wasn't just his quality that brought us to Russia - it was his professionality. He might have messed up at the end but I cannot blame him at all considering what he's given us.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's a model professional. He lead us through this world cup qualifying campaign. A team with FOUR points in september of last year qualified with 26. He was so commanding and treated every game as if it was a final. He would constantly yell at his teammates if he was doing something wrong and single them out to not make another mistake. It wasn't just his quality that brought us to Russia - it was his professionality. He might have messed up at the end but I cannot blame him at all considering what he's given us.

That's being a leader, not a "model professional". 

Although I don’t agree with various things Blue has said (a couple I do, but they’re only fundamental ones like Guerrero being very important in their qualification for the World Cup), but reading that he doesn’t give a damn what someone does because he’s become an idol of his and he will side with him because of it... WOW! That is... Well, let’s just leave it at that. I am flabbergasted. 

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Although I don’t agree with various things Blue has said (a couple I do, but they’re only fundamental ones like Guerrero being very important in their qualification for the World Cup), but reading that he doesn’t give a damn what someone does because he’s become an idol of his and he will side with him because of it... WOW! That is... Well, let’s just leave it at that. I am flabbergasted. 

Everyone here in Peru is siding with him. I'd even do as far as some South Americans. He's very respected.

• Subscriber
On 10/10/2017 at 1:29 AM, Dan said:

Germany's to lose for me.

A lot would've fancied Argentina to push for it and Chile to be a dark horse and yet it's plausible that one of them will miss out altogether.

France I think will make the semis. Don't really rate Deschamps. Their squad is as good as anyone's but I'm not convinced they get the most out of them.

I predict if England meet Iceland again we'll lose again.

It's mental that you've potentially got Bale, Ronaldo and Messi all not at this tournament.

England I think are absolutely nailed on for a group stage exit. We've not improved since two years ago - although I'm not sure even Southgate will produce as absurd decision making as Hodgson did. I think you'd be hard pushed to see a worse tournament performance from any manager ever than Hodgson at the last Euros.

Haha I just read this back and I disagree with this after all - having seen the pots I changed my mind and thought there isn't THAT much that intimidates me. I think we'd have gone out of we'd gotten a mix of Brazil/Argentina and then one of Denmark/Sweden (or even Iceland dare I say it) but we have no excuse at all to not get out of this - not that I'd rule it out completely as we have a fundamental flaw at tournament level. The good thing for England is I think for the first time in a while we do actually have a number of players performing on the continental stage - you couldn't say that was the case in 2014 or 2016 which was the main reason I thought people's faith was blind. They'd performed in the Premier League but you could hardly say that it was doing particularly well as a league at the time.

I think we'll come 2nd and then run into probably Colombia, who I think will edge us - in the form of yet another ex Premier League player in Falcao doing the damage.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Blue said:

Everyone here in Peru is siding with him. I'd even do as far as some South Americans. He's very respected.

says a lot about Peruvians and some South Americans, then.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Siding with what?

Very respected for what?

Siding with Guerrero and very respected for being a heavily underrated footballer.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Siding with Guerrero and very respected for being a heavily underrated footballer.

I meant, siding with what about Guerrero?

I don’t understand what respecting someone for not getting enough praise means. Respect and apparaisal has no assimilation with one another on a bio-polar situation. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I meant, siding with what about Guerrero?

I don’t understand what respecting someone for not getting enough praise means. Respect and apparaisal has no assimilation with one another on a bio-polar situation. 

They are all saying that he deserves to play the world cup and are sad for him because its his dream. I can understand he made a mistake but he lead us to this world cup and its normal for us to side with him regardless if he was wrong or not. If it was anyone else we wouldn't have been as defensive.

Archived