talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers - Play-offs

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Machado said:

Interesting. It's the first World Cup without Italy since 1958... held in Sweden.

It's also the first international competition without Italy since Euro 1992... held in Sweden.

Wrong. Italy weren't in the Copa America last year :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Machado said:

Interesting. It's the first World Cup without Italy since 1958... held in Sweden.

It's also the first international competition without Italy since Euro 1992... held in Sweden.

Sweden are to Italy what Uefa finals are to Benfica. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Dan said:

England can't ever be judged too much on qualifiers. It's geared in such a way it's harder for us to not qualify. This last group we've just gotten through was an absolute joke of a group.

Plus we’re the premature ejaculators of international football, we blow our load in qualifying every time. Take Euro 96 we didn’t have to qualify because we hosted it so we didn’t blow our load until the Quarters. 

Also Southgate is gash I couldn’t tell you the side because I don’t care I’ve not watched England in a few years now it’s great they’re cack. 

Hopefully this causes a rethink in Holland & Italy both leagues suffer and are full of cheap foreign players who aren’t very good, their national sides as well as their leagues suffer for it.

Saw a bit of that Italy game last night and they were utterly shocking. The basics were made to look difficult by the defenders and their striker was dire, he was either in the wrong position altogether or just couldn't/wouldn't read the game at all. 

Sweden offered nothing in way of attack tbh but I didn't expect them to but I was really disappointed with the Italians. 

38 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Saw a bit of that Italy game last night and they were utterly shocking. The basics were made to look difficult by the defenders and their striker was dire, he was either in the wrong position altogether or just couldn't/wouldn't read the game at all. 

Sweden offered nothing in way of attack tbh but I didn't expect them to but I was really disappointed with the Italians. 

Italy were like Northern Ireland or Rep of Ireland, just hoofing balls in the box, no real plan, no creativity and it was all too easy for Sweden to defend.  Italy really are in terrible state, alot of the failure on teams was focused mainly on the Netherlands but at least they have a really good youth coming through. Italy dont have anything at all and have been struggling for sometime but its been massively over looked. I be extremley worried if I were Italian national team supporter.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

With all the retirements and the lack of talented youngsters progressing the next couple of years will be interesting for Italy.

Buffon probably will carry on and Chellini was Italys only threat on the left which is extremley worrying. 

Chiellini is part of the problem...  Not just him, but his comments a few days ago proves that changing things in Italian football is extremely difficult and maybe NOW they can see that Italy's old ways no longer work anymore.

But all of this debate belongs somewhere else so as it isn't just forgotten.

I don't get all the 'the World Cup won't be the same without Italy' comments. They've won one game in the last two World Cup's and failed to get out of the groups. Hardly renowned for being entertaining either are they? Fuck the cheating, Itie cunts.

New Zealand are training at a school near my house and they lost to the school team in training.

Think we should call them up or Universidad Cesar Vallejo. May as well xD

42 minutes ago, Blue said:

New Zealand are training at a school near my house and they lost to the school team in training.

False news it appears. An embarrassment to make such a joke, it could boggle the minds of the players.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I don't get all the 'the World Cup won't be the same without Italy' comments. They've won one game in the last two World Cup's and failed to get out of the groups. Hardly renowned for being entertaining either are they? Fuck the cheating, Itie cunts.

Italy’s national anthem in itself is worth more than half the nations that participate in the tournament mate. It’s a necessity in my opinion as stupid as that may sound. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I wouldn't underestimate them. Chris Wood, Winston Reid and Tommy Smith are all consistent professionals that would feel confident about beating you over two legs.

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I wouldn't underestimate them. Chris Wood, Winston Reid and Tommy Smith are all consistent professionals that would feel confident about beating you over two legs.

I'm not underestimating them at all. It was a joke that if we school team can beat them and we can't, we may as well have called them up instead.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Italy’s national anthem in itself is worth more than half the nations that participate in the tournament mate. It’s a necessity in my opinion as stupid as that may sound. 

You're right it does sound stupid

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Ireland's football doesn't even deserve the words associated with "primitive football"...  It's worse than that!  It's absolutely ridiculous and hopefully this is it now.

The lack of creativity and general quality is telling. They're playing like a League 1 side. 

Just now, Batard said:

The lack of creativity and general quality is telling. They're playing like a League 1 side. 

It's not even that mate...  It's shit football.  Honestly, it makes me angry.  Any team can play like that if you get them to be disciplined and I mean any bunch of street players.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived