talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bolivia's Attempt to Call Up A Spaniard Due to Football Manager

football forum

According to the news here, Mauricio Soria tried to call up a player on Montpelier with Spanish and French nationality.

Football Manager apparently had him listed as a Bolivian/French. However, his father was born in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, not Santa Cruz de la Sierra. The call came to a surprise for Ruben Aguilar.

@HoneyNUFC type of news.

This is genuinely superb though xD they really are the worst run federation in South America. Have to feel bad for any Bolivian.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

According to the news here, Mauricio Soria tried to call up a player on Montpelier with Spanish and French nationality.

Football Manager apparently had him listed as a Bolivian/French. However, his father was born in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, not Santa Cruz de la Sierra. The call came to a surprise for Ruben Aguilar.

@HoneyNUFC type of news.

This is genuinely superb though xD they really are the worst run federation in South America. Have to feel bad for any Bolivian.

That's ok...  Amorebieta played for Venezuela.

Just now, SirBalon said:

That's ok...  Amorebieta played for Venezuela.

He's not Bolivian though!

Bolivia looked at football manager and tried to call him up because they got the information wrong. His father was born in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, not Santa Cruz de la Sierra xD

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's not Bolivian though!

Bolivia looked at football manager and tried to call him up because they got the information wrong. His father was born in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, not Santa Cruz de la Sierra xD

Have you heard the 'Canarios' speak mate?

It goes further than just Football Manager I think! xD

Just now, SirBalon said:

Have you heard the 'Canarios' speak mate?

It goes further than just Football Manager I think! xD

I haven't. Judging on patterns though, the Bolivian federation have been a bunch of fuck ups for a while. Obviously gifted 3 points by default vs Peru and Chile and nearly did it a second time!

3 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

From my understanding he has Bolivian citizenship of three years but Fifa regulations require citizenship of five years to play for a country.

That was Nelson Cabrera mate, the one who got Bolivia's points taken away

Ruben Aguilar received the call up and told them he is 0% Bolivian and his father is from the Spanish Santa Cruz, not the Bolivian.

Archived