talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday 3 (Group E) - Tuesday 17th October, 2017

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh I didn't see the word "away" lol, this might be the away record.

Apparently an English record as well, highest away win in the Champions League. Shakhtar Donetsk and Marseille also won 0-7, but Liverpool the first British team.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

they may actually need to do something to spice up the group stage. Its worse than international breaks for friendlies. 

That's a bit of a stretch mate.

Honestly, I'd like to see teams like this have a harder route to qualification because there are many better teams currently playing in the Europa League and that's just not right.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

That's a bit of a stretch mate.

Honestly, I'd like to see teams like this have a harder route to qualification because there are many better teams currently playing in the Europa League and that's just not right.

Always said that they need to get rid of that rule because its a bit unfair to the teams in the Europa League when all of a sudden you have Champions League teams in the mix too at the later stages but it is is what it is and I doubt UEFA is going to bother changing it anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Always said that they need to get rid of that rule because its a bit unfair to the teams in the Europa League when all of a sudden you have Champions League teams in the mix too at the later stages but it is is what it is and I doubt UEFA is going to bother changing it anytime soon.

What can you do though really? There will be teams in these competitions weaker than the 20th placed EPL or Liga teams. How do you avoid more 7.0 results...?

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Harry said:

What can you do though really? There will be teams in these competitions weaker than the 20th placed EPL or Liga teams. How do you avoid more 7.0 results...?

I wasn't really talking about the teams already in the Europa. I was talking about teams from the CL end up in the Europa and its weird because you'd imagine that if one European  campaign ended it doesn't deserve an auto-enrollment into another. That just makes teams want to do better in the CL instead of thinking its okay we may get into the Europa so all is not lost yet.

I'm almost thinking the europa should be the champions league for the main leagues outside of europes top 8.

Keep them separate. Eliminate the drop down from CL. Then your supercup will be an  interesting battle. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived