talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mindhunters

football forum

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching this and enjoyed it.

This is not your typical serial killer thriller.  It's a drama.  It showed the early beginnings of the behavioural science department of FBI,  when they were trying to create profiles for serial killers. Something which they could use to solve or prevent future crimes.

So this series is slow but very intriguing.  At times it's unsettling,  especially when you listen to the serial killers being interviewed.  Their reasons and motivations are sick,  but the fact that they seem like normal people is so troubling. The FBI duo also solve few cases on the basis of their research(it's a good sub plot)   but again nothing is played to the gallery.

The acting is good.  Loved the arc of the main character from being a studious lad to becoming a jerk. But the bloke that plays serial killer Ed Kemper steals the shows. 

More importantly the ending sets up perfectly for the next season,  where we might have an actual manhunt of a killer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2017 at 1:14 PM, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s on my list and a mate gave good reviews so I’ll dive in 

You will most probably love it,  cause my mates who are fans of the Wire,  like you,  have loved this. 

On 30/10/2017 at 7:03 PM, Cicero said:

Main character seems emotionless. Can't stand him. Especially going back to his GF after she cheated on him. 

What a mug. 

I hated his girlfriend more. Absolutely couldn't stand her for some reason.  For me,  one of the most unlikeable characters in the recent times.

As for the lad,  as the series went on,  he looked more and more like Milo Yiannopoulos.

Archived