• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vikings

football forum

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HoneyNUFC said:

As the series goes on the timeframe and placing of characters becomes wildly inaccurate if not entirely made up.

Oh well i guess they had to make it made up to become more interesting.

I will still give it a go

Superb series. Travis Fimmel as Ragnar Lothbrok was a brilliant piece of acting.

*Spoiler coming...*

Not sure how good it will be going forward without him (I know it had to come some time) - we'll see... but IF Lagertha stays in it then it will be worth watching still! :x

On 10/03/2017 at 1:31 AM, True Blue said:

Oh well i guess they had to make it made up to become more interesting.

I will still give it a go

And to keep key characters alive, and keep the plot line manageable. 

To be fair It's still true enough to history that you can easily spoil the main pays of it for yourself by reading up on viking history.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So im up to date but heres my thoughts so far:

The show isnt the same without Ragnar and Athelstan (to a lesser degree). They where the two strongest and most interesting characters. With Ragnar alive they could keep the most important parts of Athelstan alive because he partly lived through Ragnar. With both gone the only hope was really Bjorn. I think Bjorn could have taken the mantle but with him seemingly intent on raiding the other side of the world hes merely a background character. Its a pity, focusing on Ivar isnt the same. I really dont care about him, ok hes this evil death wielding cripple mastermind destined for great things. I just dont care, he doesnt have the depths to him that Ragnar had nor even Bjorn to some extent. It leaves me watching somewhat disinterested, even on the Lagertha front i dont care either what happens.

Dont get me wrong ill keep watching, but they have focused on the wrong character since Ragnars story has passed.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I could handle this show's depiction of history without losing a few marbles. Everyone knows Viking's were vicious mauraders in bright colours that were obsessed with hair perfumes and primping their hair. They were  concerned  with cleanliness and had retarded hairstyles that were shaved at the back and long at the front.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

Anyone still watching this show? I just finished it a week or two ago, tbh I probably wouldnt have watchted the last season split if it wasnt the last. Started out great for about 2 seasons and eventually the writing was shite by the last few. Pretty mediocre overall.

Archived