The better place to talk football.

Fantasy Premier League Draft - Matchday Discussion

football forum

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
14 hours ago, Batard said:

At first glance, I fear the Manchester derby tomorrow will cancel out the effectiveness of those in my team. Sane has been poor, Otamendi a liability. Jones is recovering from an injury and Ashley Young my only in form player across my entire team. Have to say @Stan, think your point lead will be too big for me to close.

Also, it really looks like the league leaders are in danger of losing their first game. @Kitchen Sales are 11 points clear of @Pep Talk as it currently stands. 

i somehow managed to get Lingard in my team. Very surprised he hadn't been snapped up.

So I've got he, De Bruyne and (maybe) Gabbiadini to play. You've got quite a few players who could have an impact though. I'm taking nothing for granted!

• Administrator

The Sunday Edition

Fixtures 1-3

Could we have a new league leader Monday? Could the early season teasing of Stan FC come home to roost for Winnfield Wanderers? Lets recap the first legs of Liga TalkFootball sponsored by Coke Snorting Peruvians.

A tale of differing defensive solidity at the Winnfield 

Image result for Alfie Mawson

Winnfield Wanderers 11-37 STAN FC

@StanFC were Saturday's dominant force, in what the bookies predicted would be a tight low scoring affair, leaning towards a draw, their defence was imperious collecting 26 points and effectively killing the tie. Winnfield Wanderers travel to the Cambiasso Arena today hoping to overturn that deficit but they look a goal-shy attack today. With both Kevin De Bruyne and in form Jesse Lingard to feature today for STAN FC, this looks like a professional and comprehensively earned 3 points to pull away from danger.

Betting Preview

Quite simply, given the advantage and what's on offer today, It's hard to look beyond Stan FC killing off the tie.

STAN FC 1/19       DRAW 1/7       WINNFIELD WANDERERS 28/1

Take a punt on STAN FC -15 point Handicap 5/2

Kitchen Sales patter risks Pep Talk 100% record

Image result for Eriksen stoke

Pep Talk 12-18 Kitchen Sales

With @Kitchen Sales going into the second leg today with a 6 point lead, the question is, how damaging will the Demarai Gray goal yesterday prove to be? With Mo Salah and Mesut Ozil still to feature for @Pep Talk there's points a plenty there to overturn the lead. However with Phillipe Coutinho, Marcus Rashford and Laurent Koscielny ready for Kitchen Sales, could this be the first defeat of the season for the league leaders? 

Betting Preview

It's just too close to call

KITCHEN SALES EVS       DRAW 4/1       PEP TALK 2/1

Have a sniff on both teams to score at least 10 points each today @10/11

Los Borachos' favourite Son batters M'Arcelona

Image result for heung min Son

Los Borachos 27-2 Leave M'Arcelona

In what will require a second leg display of astronomical brilliance, @JOSHBRFC charges will struggle to stop @Mel81x's side from collecting their first 3 points of the season. A defeat here will drag LM into 11th place and a desperate need to shop around in January for improvements.  The 2nd leg should in reality be a formality here, especially given a front line of Aguero and Firmino. 

Betting Preview

No way back for M'Arcelona.

LOS BORACHOS 1/50       DRAW 1/25       LEAVE M'ARCELONA 100/1

Take a shot on on both Salah and Coutinho to score today @7/2

• Administrator

The Sunday Edition

Fixtures 4-6

We continue with yesterday's results recap

Kippax Warriors leave points on the bench, but still lead

Image result for Defoe crystal palace

Murderonzidanesfloor 22-31 Kippax Warriors

Despite Harry Kane and Manuel Lanzini's best efforts, @Lucas trails @Happy Blue, but the lead could have been so much more with 13 points benched in the form of Jermain Defoe. The inclusion of Andre Gray on reflection regrettable given his poor form. Lucas will be looking to Mane to turn in the goals, but given the changes at Everton, it's unlikely their defence will be quite as porous. 

Betting Preview

Kippax to get the job done. Just

MURDERONZIDANESFLOOR 5-1       DRAW 12/1       KIPPAX WARRIORS 3/1

Check out Both teams to score less than 10 points today @8/13

FC Saxons see out low scoring 1st leg with one point lead

Image result for Stoke shaqiri

FC Saxons 8-7 Check Your PM's

@Teso dos Bichos will be looking to capitalise on Pep Talk potentially dropping points but on first glance @Cannabis Check Your PMs look, at least on paper, in pole position to win the 2nd leg and claim the 3 points. However given how unpredictable the Manchester derby could be today, this could end up a low scoring draw.

Betting Preview

Check Your PM's to take 2nd spot ... by a whisker. 

FC SAXONS 17/10      DRAW 2/1       CHECK YOUR PM'S 13/10

Check out Check Your PM's to win by 5 clear points @7/1

IUFG continue to struggle with no end in sight

Image result for chelsea lose to west ham

Golden Showers After 30-6 IUFG

It's quite simply a formality. With no attacking threat of note from @SirBalon's team, @Dickie will collect the 3 points from the 2nd leg.

Betting Preview

It's not worth your money!

GOLDEN SHOWERS AFTER 1/250000      DRAW 1/100000       IUFG 30000/1

Check out Golden Showers After to win by 40 clear points @EVS 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Batard said:

I’m on around 24 points. Even with what I have left, I need a fucking miracle 

you've got 4 players against my 2. It's not over yet.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

you've got 4 players against my 2. It's not over yet.

I can see this finishing 0-0 or 1-1, your defence yesterday did the damage. Speaking of which, so glad I dropped Zeegelaar! 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I believe I need Rashford to score otherwise @Pep Talk wins our tie by a point or three.

Given that Man Utd can't get the ball 20 minutes in I'm fucked thanks to klopp dropping Coutinho :(

Obviously subject to updates after the games, auto subs, bonus points and what not but it currently stands 26-25 to Pep. 

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

If Man City keep a clean sheet and Kompany gets booked I might have a chance as I have Ederson in nets.

You’ve got your Rashford goal!

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Batard said:

I can see this finishing 0-0 or 1-1, your defence yesterday did the damage. Speaking of which, so glad I dropped Zeegelaar! 

De Bruyne has been given the assist for the goal xDxD 

• This topic was unpinned and locked

Archived