Millwall vs Burton
Nottm Forest vs QPR
Sheff Utd vs Hull

Sunday 5th November, 2017
Middlesbrough vs Sunderland

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Leeds have been on a bit of a downer recently whereas we've been picking up results. It's nice to play at home after a midweek trip away, I don't know how this will go but I hope it doesn't end in our unbeaten streak ending as that's given the players confidence to climb up the table.

Has to be a win really, Maupay was a sub and scored at Brum so hopefully he can start today and carry on the with the goals.

This is becoming annoying and frustrating. This team is on a massive downer.

Individual errors are happening every game now and you just can't do it. After a difficult start, we got ourselves back in the game well, nothing in it and then your goalkeeper goes and drops a dolly on his line. How can you legislate for that?

Again, bit of fight in the second half, game is in the balance, a free kick is whipped in and the keeper dives over the top of it. It's all so soft. You will never win matches this way as long as you have a hole in your arse.

What frustrates me is that I felt we were always in the game. Ok, Brentford missed a penalty and hit the bar but we were far from dominated. Listen, we've been to Brentford a few times recently and been soundly battered. Tonight wasn't the case. It was 'moments' in the game that swung it away from us.

This is now 6 defeats in the last 7. We have not got any points from the six games we've fallen behind in. Not even a point. All defeats.

A little while ago after the Reading game (our third defeat in a row), I questioned whether this team had character to bounce back because mentally, we looked beat when we conceded. Four more games have passed and I continue to ask this question. I know you differed @Danny but for me this is a worrying statistic. I am genuinely worried how we cannot turn around a result from a losing position.

These players have talent and are capable of more but it feels like the shackles are on and we can't break free from them. Confidence wise, we look shot to pieces.

I am worried for Thomas Christiensen now because I know how our fans can get. With games against Boro, Wolves and Villa on the horizon, it doesn't look pretty. I just hope we can go away and keep working to turn this around because we're dropping off the pace at an alarming rate.

Another win and 3 points off the play-offs, all going so well this season.

Glad that Ryan Woods got a goal, best hit of the night. He's our best midfielder and probably our best player, lost his child a month or two ago sadly, you could see a lot from that celebration.

We've dominated the pants off of teams in this division and come away with draws, I'll happily take the win however it comes but it was definitely deserved again. There are goals coming from all over the pitch which is great, no idea where our new signing and current second top goalscorer in the Danish league Emiliano Marcondes fits in in all of this but we've got a fantastic bench now.

This time last year we were a team that was solely focused around Scott Hogan, we changed that in the January window when we sold him and brought back Jota and Canos, as well as bringing in Jofeflorrzen. But having sold Jota in the Summer, we managed to strengthen even more with Ollie Watkins and Neal Maupay. Watkins is absolute class. As I said above we wait on another forward to join again in January, who's scored 11 goals in the Danish league and is only 22.

We have the same amount of points at this stage as we did last season, but last season we played Fulham in our 16th league game and that set about a league run up until we actually sold Hogan to Villa at the end of Jan and beat them 3-0 on the day of the signing where we lost 7, drew 2 and won 3. I don't see why we will have a slump like that again this season, our back 4 is much the same but our midfield is stronger now defensively and our forward options are so diverse. The best thing is we're yet to see the best from Watkins and Maupay as they're both just starting to properly gel in.

@Lucas I feel for you now, you're above us by 2 places but the form guide is horrific for you, 4 losses and 1 win. At the time I was touching on comments made by a Leeds fan who'd said we were a very patient bunch to not moan when drawing or not taking chances straight away, and then you'd just lost a couple of games quite early on in the season. But the bad run of form has become a lot worse for you lot now, any plans in the pipeline to bring players in?

@Danny The last three games in particular, we've been 1-1 with 10 minutes to go and lost all three. The confidence has definitely been hit.

At the start of the season when we were leading games we had that confidence to close them out but we don't seem to have the same belief when it comes to going 1-0 down now.

I can see us giving Christiansen leeway to turn this around but if things haven't improved by early December, you could definitely see pressure building on the chairman to sack him from our fans. He's miles better than Cellino and far more patient but the temptation to bring in a manager with a transfer window on the horizon might prove too much.

21 minutes ago, Danny said:

Caught the highlights, the game could have ended 4-1 or 5-1 and from what I saw and have heard there can't have been many complaints.

Also just saw this doing the rounds @Lucas, love it from Barbet :D

Big bloke taking the piss out of a lad knee high to a grasshopper. Hard man.

22 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Big bloke taking the piss out of a lad knee high to a grasshopper. Hard man.

Taking the piss out of a lad knee high to a grasshopper who tried to give him some yeah, being small doesn't make you exempt 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived