• 2004 Arsenal
    • 2005 Chelsea
    • 2008 Manchester United
    • Other

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/11/2017 at 9:00 AM, ScoRoss said:

Statistically, it's Chelsea 2004/05 as they gained the most points.

For the level of competition, it would probably be Man United 2007/08 as that's around the time where English clubs were at their strongest. 

But, through all that Man United 1998/99 are probably the greatest English team I've ever seen. Yorke and Cole were unbelievable together at that time.

Not sure individually they were world class players but together they were fantastic. 

I think possibly Chelsea 2005 were the best I've seen. I thought utd were stongest 1999 to 2001. I didn't watch football in the early 90s so can't really comment on that utd side.

Our 2005 team was the best I've ever seen in terms of balance.

League title win, with a record amount of points and goals conceded. Won the league cup + a semi final CL appearance. 

And I still think that team underachieved. We were incredible. 

• Subscriber
On 11/17/2017 at 1:32 AM, Machado said:

Man United '99 or '08 but please add Manchester City 2017/18 if they win both the PL and the CL.

I haven't enjoyed watching an English side as much as the current Man City, since Man United '08.

It hit the point on Saturday where you just had to admire the way they played. I lose my head when we lose but on Saturday I walked away after watching us lose 0-2, having 0 shots on target at home and thought "what a fucking brilliant team I've just watched". Better sides than us will take bigger pastings by them than that (and already have).

There was one incident where they took a goal kick, split the entire team, Ederson chipped it out to Walker who knocked it back inside and De Bruyne was running at our defence yet again. It was like watching a game on FIFA. We had no idea how to react and how the hell would we. Haven't seen a side play anything like that kind of football against us.

Their fans are ridiculous if they aren't selling out every game. They're bloody lucky to watch that football.

Wasnt really much into football back in the invincible days and tbh dont know anything about club football back then. But Man Utd 08 were definitely special, the power, the speed with which they use to counter attack was tremendous. Probably the best counter attacking team I saw which only got trumped by Mourinho's real madrid in my opinion.  Not going to vote in this poll because I havent seen the other teams play.

On 19/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, Cicero said:

Our 2005 team was the best I've ever seen in terms of balance.

League title win, with a record amount of points and goals conceded. Won the league cup + a semi final CL appearance. 

And I still think that team underachieved. We were incredible. 

The thing was with that team was they looked unbeatable. I called the unstoppables.They were brilliant. 

Archived