• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ryan Sessegnon

football forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, roversgirl said:

100% gone at the end of the season. He is far too good for Fulham now and needs to consider his next move very carefully as he needs to continue to play football in order to continue his development, a bit like Ali did at Spurs. Fulham will get great money for him as they can just name their price, but he is just too good for them now.

Not sure I agree entirely with your point here. 

Sessegnon has lot's to learn still, but he can still do that at Fulham. There is no rush for him to jump ship into a Top 6 team. It actually benefit's him playing outside of the PL right now because the spotlight isn't as big and there is less hype. He should just be keeping his head down and enjoying his football right now as a 17 year old should.

For what it's worth, he's actually at such an ideal club right now, whose manager encourages them to play attractive football in a league where it's not so easy to do so. Jokanovic has pushed Sessagnon from a LB to a LW much like what Harry Redknapp did to Bale at Spurs, and it's clear to see he offers a very potent threat going forward.

The kid has played an extraordinary number of games for 17, he has no reason to want to rush and leave Fulham just yet, especially seeing as they have a great shout of promotion themselves. He has time on his side and I think it would be brilliant to see him playing for them in the PL.

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Not sure I agree entirely with your point here. 

Sessegnon has lot's to learn still, but he can still do that at Fulham. There is no rush for him to jump ship into a Top 6 team. It actually benefit's him playing outside of the PL right now because the spotlight isn't as big and there is less hype. He should just be keeping his head down and enjoying his football right now as a 17 year old should.

For what it's worth, he's actually at such an ideal club right now, whose manager encourages them to play attractive football in a league where it's not so easy to do so. Jokanovic has pushed Sessagnon from a LB to a LW much like what Harry Redknapp did to Bale at Spurs, and it's clear to see he offers a very potent threat going forward.

The kid has played an extraordinary number of games for 17, he has no reason to want to rush and leave Fulham just yet, especially seeing as they have a great shout of promotion themselves. He has time on his side and I think it would be brilliant to see him playing for them in the PL.

I do think if they go up there's a good case for him sticking around at Fulham.

I want Fulham up. Sorry Cark. Never been there and they're a good side.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

There was quite a lot of work done round that to make it work in the future last summer.

Yeah - we very nearly signed him last year, but fairly confident we will be back in again this year, for him and his brother. Looking at more like £35 million+ though 

• 3 weeks later...

England U21 boss Aidy Boothroyd insists the country must learn the lessons of fast-tracking young stars too soon.

Ryan Sessegnon, the 17-year-old Fulham star, is with the Young Lions for the first time for games against Romania and Ukraine, having been considered for the senior side.

Sessegnon has scored 14 goals for Fulham this season as they challenge for promotion in the Sky Bet Championship having previously played for the England U19s.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Sessegnon has been nominated in four categories at the 2018 EFL Awards, to be held in London on Sunday April 15.

The 17-year-old Fulham winger is up for Championship Player of the Season, Young Player of the Season and Apprentice of the Year.

He has also been named in the Championship Team of the Season, and could be named in the overall EFL Team of the Season.

Archived