• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ashes 2017/2018

football forum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/11/2017 at 9:25 PM, Anton said:

Would be a fucking disgrace if he plays. The man's professional career should be over and he should spend some time behind bars. 

Lol. I've done just the same on a night out for far worse reasons. beating up a guy who was a gay basher and who would have attacked others is fine. Shouldn't spend a second in court.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Lol. I've done just the same on a night out for far worse reasons. beating up a guy who was a gay basher and who would have attacked others is fine. Shouldn't spend a second in court.

i think it's the fact he's continued to lay in to someone even when their hands are up and stopped provoking him. He's drunkenly kept assaulting someone; you don't get away with that over here I'm afraid. And rightly so.

Can't remember if it was him or Hales who carried on beating the guy who was sparked out on the floor too. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

i think it's the fact he's continued to lay in to someone even when their hands are up and stopped provoking him. He's drunkenly kept assaulting someone; you don't get away with that over here I'm afraid. And rightly so.

Can't remember if it was him or Hales who carried on beating the guy who was sparked out on the floor too. 

Exactly.

• Administrator

could get a bit interesting in the next 2 days' play with Australia losing 2 wickets late on just now. Australia lead by 254 at the moment. They'll probably want at least another 150-200 before putting England in to bat.

Then it's up to England to bat for at least a day to chase that total or bat that time out to get a draw (obviously it would be totally uninspiring to do the latter). 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Doubt it mate, it's Cricket.

literally no point in contesting this with you considering your opinions on cricket xD 

For anyone that does have an interest in it, Australia now lost 3 wickets so England coming back in to this with a bit of bite. They need to keep this pressure on the Aussies. 

8 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Late wicket eases some of Australia's frustration but I'd say England's day that. If Root can get a century and Ali-Bairstow find some runs then it's very achievable.

In a normal test match that's Engands day by fucking miles. But they were so shit first innings they still have a lot to do. Goes without saying Root is key here. Nation on his shoulders.

Played against the Marsh boys home town last week, and I got their cousin(I think) out for 6. He averages over 40 I think. Claim to fame lol. Geoff Marsh went to the school I'm  teaching at. Mad world. Mention it because think Mitch has been called up for the WACA test next week? (wish I could go). 

• 2 weeks later...

Last ashes ever at the WACA is in the balance. England won day 1 I would say, a great century by Malan was followed by that ginger bloke getting one and then the Day 2 collapse happened. 

Warner and Bancroft out fairly cheap. Smith carrying us again. The bloke bats like a complete spastic. But he's the world's best spastic. How good does the new Perth stadium look in the background/every time they show it? 60,000. Sold out for the ODI v England already. Can't wait to see some sport there next year. 

Wow. I played my own game of cricket today in the home town of Shaun and Mitch Marsh(and Geoff of course). All the home team got Aussie and WA cricket gear. I had a nightmare spell with the ball, bit like England! 

Insane cricket. Wish I saw most of the day. Wish I went! 

Wont be 5-0 as I reckon England will get saved by the weather.

On 12/16/2017 at 7:13 AM, Anton said:

Wow. I played my own game of cricket today in the home town of Shaun and Mitch Marsh(and Geoff of course). All the home team got Aussie and WA cricket gear. I had a nightmare spell with the ball, bit like England! 

Insane cricket. Wish I saw most of the day. Wish I went! 

Wont be 5-0 as I reckon England will get saved by the weather.

Must be water out west to make you lot all cricket mad. You lot and the Tasmanians seem to be the focus of cricket in Australia. QLD and NSW are too obsessed with league to notice, VIC play their imaginary sport and I dont't that other state.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived