Real Sociedad vs Las Palmas, 15.15
Villarreal vs Sevilla, 17.30
Valencia vs Barcelona, 19.45

Monday 27th November, 2017
Espanyol vs Getafe, 20.00

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's only one game here that will have the footballing world watching and that's the game at Mestalla between Valencia and Barça.

An absolutely MASSIVE game for obvious reasons.  If Barcelona get through this unscathed, which is a big ask in my view, as crazy as it may sound, the title will be very much on Barcelona's side and only their's to lose.  A draw would even be a great result before a ball is kicked...  A victory would be unmeasurable. 

Real Madrid really suffered to get that 3-2 result at home to Málaga. Yes, it's a victory and three points which are so so important but there were so many things wrong and some were expecting a corner to have passed after that convincing victory in the Champions League in midweek. But things are the same if not worse...  The only blessing is that the chances went in today. 

On 23/11/2017 at 11:50 AM, SirBalon said:

There's only one game here that will have the footballing world watching and that's the game at Mestalla between Valencia and Barça.

An absolutely MASSIVE game for obvious reasons.  If Barcelona get through this unscathed, which is a big ask in my view, as crazy as it may sound, the title will be very much on Barcelona's side and only their's to lose.  A draw would even be a great result before a ball is kicked...  A victory would be unmeasurable. 

Valencia are undefeated in La Liga this season, but then so are Barcelona(also in the champs league), so this one is set to be a very interesting game. A draw would be a solid result, a win would potentially mean la liga is already over, while a loss would show Valencia's intent this season. This is a game where you want to see Messi, Suarez and Iniesta at their best as it'll be required tonight.

You can't rule Valencia out in winning la liga, or atleast pushing close. Atletico did it the other year when it looked as though it would be impossible for them to do so due to all their problems for years. Valencia will fancy themselves going all the way if they can grab a win tonight.

Atletico got themselves a 5-0 win last night, a big win like that is something they have been lacking. Maybe this could be a change in fortunes for them? They haven't been losing games, but they have been drawing too many and not scoring enough.

• Administrator

Glad I'm back home in time to watch Valencia vs Barca. Hoping for a very exciting game between La Liga's 2 best teams this season. Expecting Valencia to really take it to Barca as they're in great league form. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Still wonder why no top club has ever perused Parejo. Most underrated Spanish midfielder ever. 

Because of his periodical mental streaks mate. He's been party to various moments like that and last season he was almost the first player in the last 25 years in La Liga to be sacked by a top division club. He has quality without a doubt and he's showing this season so far... If Valencia go on a bad streak, watch him go AWOL...

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I remember when you could get Rodrigo to a 90 rating back in fifa 13 xD

That's why I always find it odd people relate a computer game to reality!

take for example FC Barcelona who have sold their personal La Liga rights to the other game and FIFA have punished their players for that reason. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The same thing happened to Barcelona against Betis last season. 

literally the first thing that came to mind to me as well after tonight's incident.

Terrible decision. Laughable how the officials have got that wrong. Wasn't even close. 

Poor decision from the referee not to give the goal obviously, although it's not easy to see with certainty from his position without the benefit of a still image. What's inexcusable is not having goal line technology. I've come to take it for granted in the Premier League, and it's absolutely shocking to see it not employed in one of the top leagues in the world.

• Administrator
Just now, Burning Gold said:

Poor decision from the referee not to give the goal obviously, although it's not easy to see with certainty from his position without the benefit of a still image. What's inexcusable is not having goal line technology. I've come to take it for granted in the Premier League, and it's absolutely shocking to see it not employed in one of the top leagues in the world.

it didn't happen very quickly. there was more than enough time for at least one of the referee or assistant to see how far it had gone over the line/

• The topic was unpinned

Archived