talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Anton said:

Didn't even know there was a game on. Thursday night. Mad.

Presumably helping out Adelaide giving them one extra day to rest before FFA Cup next Tuesday. 

Guessing Sydney didn't get that luxury maybe cos of how many international players they have in their side (do they have that many involved?)

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Anton said:

Did you watch it all? Adelaide's equaliser was a cracker. Thoughts on the red card?

Yeah. Great goal from them. Always thought Sydney would run out winners though. 

I think that was fair. Can understand the heat of the moment in wanting the ball back but no need to put your hands on the ball boy. 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Anton said:

I don't watch the game. And the purple pricks win 3-1 away to Cahill's Melbourne Shitty. Heard the red card massively helped us as did Keogh coming off early (he's terrible). 

Kenny Lowe lives on :(

Thought the red card was harsh. Was a penalty but red was too much. Malik has only gone to block the shot and momentum carried him in to Italiano. 

Having said that, Italiano looks like quite a handy youngster for you. 

Daniel De Silva really turning it up this season. Saw a bit of the game last night before going to the airport and he's a proper talent. Won't be long before he gets nabbed up by someone else.

2 hours ago, Anton said:

VAR shite ruining the sport.

Think by day it's shown how we really need to stick to natural refereeing decisions. So far I've been spot on about VAR. just adds to the controversy, not remove it.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Blue said:

Think by day it's shown how we really need to stick to natural refereeing decisions. So far I've been spot on about VAR. just adds to the controversy, not remove it.

Not always spot on considering its rectified some decisions that the referee missed. 

For example the handball by Robbie Cornthwaite today was not originally given but what was missed by referee was seen by VAR. The correct outcome and decision was ultimately made. You can't just let teams be on the end of wrong refereeing decisions when there are things in place to correct it. 

Has anyone seen the Star Wars themed round the FFA are planning? "FIFA are the alliance, FFA are the empire" not only does that make the FFA the badguys, but they are just adding fuel to the fire for how much FIFA already hates them! xD Looks like Australia are getting Brazil/Germany and Spain in the WC group stages

Nope haven't watched a minute of A-league for a few weeks. Got a bucks night this weekend so literally the first game at home I could arguably  go to... and I have plans. Fine with me.

Cahill left city...

Edited by Anton

On 06/12/2017 at 9:30 PM, Anton said:

Nope haven't watched a minute of A-league for a few weeks. Got a bucks night this weekend so literally the first game at home I could arguably  go to... and I have plans. Fine with me.

Cahill left city...

Knew it was a good decision. Fucking purple pricks.