talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

CCM play some nice stuff, but I see them as a side that lack experience and that's where the bad results come from.

Ronald Vargas at Newcastle Jets, interesting.

On 18/07/2017 at 4:09 PM, Anton said:

We were linked to him, and thank fuck we didn't sign him. 37, waste of time.

Chris Herd is at WSW. Will be interesting to see if he can get anywhere near those heights of Aston Villa first team days. He did sign for us a year ago but withdrew due to personal issues and ties to England... Fun fact: I used to play against him at high school. 

Nice, I played against corey Gameiro. He was also my science patner in year 9

• 2 weeks later...

The A league is so open. The defending is terrible but it makes the games more enjoyable for me. Looks like the ausies have adopted the icelandic clap. The only country whi doesn't seem to do it is England. I wonder why :35_thinking:

Edited by Guest

On 25/10/2017 at 7:24 PM, Gunnersauraus said:

The A league is so open. The defending is terrible but it makes the games more enjoyable for me. Looks like the ausies have adopted the icelandic clap. The only country whi doesn't seem to do it is England. I wonder why :35_thinking:

Because we're not a bunch of pricks?

Most Aussie fans who make the noise are people that think they're ultras, dress like it's England in the 80s and horrifically sing European style songs. Drums, megaphones the lot.

The quality of the game is difficult to watch as a neutral, I went to see Sydney FC against Melbourne City last season (with Simon) and it was low Championship/League 1 level.

Edited by Danny
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Because we're not a bunch of pricks?

Most Aussie fans who make the noise are people that think they're ultras, dress like it's England in the 80s and horrifically sing European style songs. Drums, megaphones the lot.

The quality of the game is difficult to watch as a neutral, I went to see Sydney FC against Melbourne City last season (with Simon) and it was low Championship/League 1 level.

The A-League is worse than the Peruvian League, who I rank as high league 1 anyways. I'd say A-League is that but mid table.

If people wanna do a clap let them. Quality isn't the only thing that makes a game good in my opinion. The games are free flowing and personally I find them really enjoyable.

Edited by Guest

@Danny you get way too wound up over silly things in football. I've said it before: not everyone thinks like the English. If Aussies want to do the Iceland clap, let them. Americans do it too.

In South America, every top club has their chants originated from Argentina. There are very few "original" chants in countries like Ecuador and Chile. 

2 hours ago, Blue said:

@Danny you get way too wound up over silly things in football. I've said it before: not everyone thinks like the English. If Aussies want to do the Iceland clap, let them. Americans do it too.

In South America, every top club has their chants originated from Argentina. There are very few "original" chants in countries like Ecuador and Chile. 

That's the thing with a lot of football fans. They want things done exactly their way even if it is things that are just a mattet of taste. It's like when people moan about half scarfs. If you don't want one fair enough but if someone else does that is up to them 

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That's the thing with a lot of football fans. They want things done exactly their way even if it is things that are just a mattet of taste. It's like when people moan about half scarfs. If you don't want ine fair enough but if someone else does that is up to them 

English fans in particular are awful. They have a wonderful supporting tradition but are awfully out of touch with reality relating people outside the UK. 

Here in Peru, most people support their local club but we don't ever complain about people supporting European teams as their first or second team. Same with the rest of South America really. People in Canada often like to support strong European clubs. That doesn't make them any less of a football fan, that's just the way they like to think.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Blue said:

English fans in particular are awful. They have a wonderful supporting tradition but are awfully out of touch with reality relating people outside the UK. 

Here in Peru, most people support their local club but we don't ever complain about people supporting European teams as their first or second team. Same with the rest of South America really. People in Canada often like to support strong European clubs. That doesn't make them any less of a football fan, that's just the way they like to think.

That's quite understandable in Canada considering they don't even have a professional league. Going back to the A league. It's never gonna be great quality. Considering football is what the fifth most popular team sport in Australia? I don't think it's that bad.

On 30/10/2017 at 7:27 AM, Gunnersauraus said:

That's quite understandable in Canada considering they don't even have a professional league. Going back to the A league. It's never gonna be great quality. Considering football is what the fifth most popular team sport in Australia? I don't think it's that bad.

If you go by participation numbers it's the number 1 sport mate. We are just against the fucked AFL driven media.

The A-league quality hasn't risen this year which is a shame and some crowds are stalling. Need new teams and a second division. The people in charge of our game are questionable though. The thing I like about the A-league is that there's tonnes of goals usually and anyone can win on the day.

Edited by Anton

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Anton said:

Cahill got injured last night :censored:

Saw that! Tara Rushden at half time said it wasn't serious then the guy at the end said it doesn't look good for next week xD

He was walking and running it off soon after and out of the stadium so I don't think it's that bad. Maybe the second leg he'll be fully fit. Quite disappointed with the game in general yesterday though. Quite a tactical affair and for 2 teams on top there wasn't that much good football on. 

Newcastle Jets looking surprisingly good so far this season. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
16 minutes ago, Anton said:

Glory won't be seeing a dollar from me this season until Kenny is sacked. Disgusting performance against Wellington. I then used my club's twitter to troll them. Went pretty national. Hundreds and hundreds of likes 😂

Classic Anton, only in it for the fame! 

• Administrator

Adlung loves a long-range strike.

Just scored one of the goals of the season. Half-volley, bouncing slowly outsider the box, curled and swerved with power past the keeper. Brilliant goal.