• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2-3rd December, 2017

football forum

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

Because he fouled the United player when it was a run on goal. Infant before he brings him down it's already a foul for me. The objective of defending is the ball, not the player. 

I don't think he denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity, not that far away from goal and with Bellerin near. 

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

I still genuinely think the worst thing about the game was Lingard being an embarrassing and cringeworthy twat with his celebrations.

Close..... I would plump for the manner World Class Twat left the field after being sent off for a terrible stamp on Bellerin.

Clapping the decision against him? Surly that adds at least one game to his ban?

• Administrator
Just now, IgnisExcubitor said:

Just saw the possession stats of the match.  Arsenal 75 -  25 Man Utd. I reckon Mourinho is going to go home and have a proper wank on that. 

can't wait for the media to praise that but when teams like Burnley do it, they get criticised. 

Mourinho won't give a damn about the stats or what anyone thinks about the brand of football his team played today... He's never cared and neither should he. That's for us and those in the media to talk about where preferences are concerned. He cares about results as we all know and that's what he got today, a victory. Nobody will ever remember in years to come how it was achieved. 

Not really fussed about today. Rafa has rightly said for a long time now that we won't get points off the top teams unless all 11 players are on top of their game.

Karl Darlow was on top of his game but Matt Ritchie was horrendous. 2 conceded directly and solely because of him. Time to be dropped, it might do him some good. He was at fault against Watford as well but Yedlin got the blame. Ritchie can't seem to defend against 3-5-whatever formation.

I have no idea why Diame was playing though O.o bizarre decision, can only assume we were resting better players for the next game.

• Subscriber

Excellent win for us. Thought we got away with it somewhat in the first half and Burnley were noticeably better when Brady got injured (hope all's good with him, heard it was quite serious) but I thought we grew more and more into it and could've won by well over a goal in the end. Pope at fault for their goal but he did a lot to keep us down to one in the second half.

Mahrez was unplayable at times. Look out for his hair later on xD he was playing a bit of a free role and Burnley had no real answer to him.

I'm a fan of this bloke Puel. I like what he's doing with us. Considering I'd say we're very much a work in progress our form is really steady. After these two results I think 7th is attainable.

31 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Shearer just said Man Utd showed they were just as good as Man City... Do these cunts even bother to watch the games they're analysing?

The thing is, it seems like City concede from most chances that the opposition make against them, and often don't get scorelines as good as the general quality of their play suggests. United seem to get away with a lot of fairly good chances they give away, and also seem pretty clinical even if they don't get a load of chances. 

Despite all that, City are still substantially ahead in terms of actual results. And on top of that, clinicality and luck generally even out over the course of a season. 

38 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Shearer just said Man Utd showed they were just as good as Man City... Do these cunts even bother to watch the games they're analysing?

He's the guy who said he's biased due to picking united..not sure why though

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

Surprised there's not been more credit for Puel in the media, too. Unbeaten in 4, taken us from 14th to 9th. Proving many haters wrong but still early days of course. 

Still not getting any sense that he plays boring football. If anything, totally opposite. Giving Mahrez, Gray and Albrighton so much freedom to remain creative and not holding them back in any way on the pitch. 

I take not being criticised now as praise. Remember last year when we won 5 on the spin and we were a "disgrace" xDxD

After yesterday we finally need to cut ties with Alexis, his just not in it at all for us anymore. He has been pretty much a disaster this season, still comes up with brilliance from time to time but that's mainly for himself not the team. I would genuinely see if we can get anyone to give us anything in January and try to find a replacement.

His not solely to blame. The club knew he wanted out all summer and then to accept a bid from the team he wanted to go to on the last day of the window, just to go back on it was silly. Even after that though, I expected more of him but with no World Cup and knowing there is probably a bunch of teams after him his just not arsed.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived