• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 14 Fixtures - 1-4th December, 2017

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

What has Umtiti done that warrants him being in the top 3 centre backs in Europe? 

There's being subjective, then there is being irrationally biased. 

His performances have warranted that and it's the general view of the press in Spain also. 

What do you need to prove a defender's worth aside from subjective objectivity?

You and whoever can disagree but you're stuck in the same situation that I may be in answering the opposite. 

It's the first time since Jose Mourinho left that I've seen Real Madrid "park the bus" so to speak. Ok, it wasn't blatant like in some games with Mourinho, but under Zidane I've never seen them so scared in the final quarter by playing so conservative afraid to lose. Athletic can really feel that they dropped two points today because Real were there for the taking. 

On another note.  Real fail to take any advantage of Barça's draw today. 

11 hours ago, Stan said:

this game is screaming out for a 93rd minute winner, probably by Ramos.

Bilbao have defended solidly. Hope they can hold out. 

They don't have that in them this season. Last season, scoring late goals was what won them la liga, although they don't seem to have that now.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

They don't have that in them this season. Last season, scoring late goals was what won them la liga, although they don't seem to have that now.

yeah, suppose it has happened less this season. Just think that historically, it's something that they do.

Their next game vs Sevilla they'll be missing Casemiro, Ramos and Carvajal thanks to their ill-discipline yesterday. Big chunk of defensive quality missing so expect Sevilla to come out on top.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think Real Madrid fans should be looking at booking hotels and flights to places like Astana, Tel-Aviv or Bucharest... I think Real Madrid v FC Sheriff Tiraspol sounds more like the match-up Real fans need to get used to. :ph34r:

or Real Madrid vs Arsenal mate. 

Getafe CF 1-0 Valencia CF (FT)

Would you believe that this particular weekend if someone had said, Barcelona are playing at home to Celta but they won’t win and instead draw... But that they’ll be more leaders than at the start of the weekend?  Odd!  But true...

Would you have also believed that Valencia would’ve been undefeated by match-day 13 having played Athletic Bilbao, Atlético Madrid, Real Madrid and Barcelona amongst all the others?

What if someone had told a Valencia fan at the start of the season that this would’ve been the case by week 13 but that they’d lose their first game of the season in week 14 against Getafe?

Football is strange!

Barcelona’s result ended up being a good one although with less refereeing mistakes both the last two results could’ve painted a whole different picture on the table this morning in terms of points. But how else are you going to keep alive a league season!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived