• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UEFA Champions League: Round Of 16 Draw

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
53 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Forgot how complicated this could get. They should just grow a pair, dump 16 balls into a pot and draw them out. I know they want to avoid same nation ties but most people would cream themselves if they got Barcelona v Real Madrid or Man Utd v Liverpool in the last 16. I get that the seeding being a reward for finishing first as well would be lost but meh.

yep. i think the only thing they should keep is that you don't play the team you also played in the group. 

PSG would actually be a good tie to get because they always collapse in the next phase or one after because in this dark winter gap period they get hypnotised by their domestic football which is total mediocrity and turn up in February half asleep. 

On 08/12/2017 at 9:48 PM, Kitchen Sales said:

Ideally Barca will get Bayern and Real Madrid will get PSG, the sooner the same old names are out the better.

Besiktas for the cup!

I get the Barça, Real and Bayern thing, but PSG are nowhere near an established name in this competition... They would have to be considered in the same category as Man City in everything. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Head over heart, this is how they progress for me. Good to see the English teams (potentially) doing well in Europe again.

Seems about right, With Pool and the Manchester clubs getting easy draws while the London clubs get stiffed as per... 

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Juventus vs Tottenham
Basel vs Man City
Porto vs Liverpool
Sevilla vs Man Utd
Real Madrid vs PSG
Shakhtar vs Roma
Chelsea vs Barcelona
Bayern vs Besiktas

That's how I think it'll pan out. I desperately want Roma to go through but think Shakhtar will be too strong for them. 

Also wouldn't mind Spurs going through but same reasons as above I think Juve will be too good. 

Archived