talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UEFA Champions League: Round Of 16 Draw

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Only right considering the North West is the home of football B|.

They will just stick in one of those dodgy refs with an agenda to ensure Barca get through like they did last time so not expecting to make any further progress beyond this point... We could play them off the park at home but will be denied 3 clear goals for offside and they will get a penalty because a Chelsea Steward trod on Messi's foot in the tunnel or something... 

Dates: 

Juventus v Tottenham (Feb 13 & Mar 7)

Basel v Manchester City (Feb 13 & Mar 7)

Porto v Liverpool (Feb 14 & Mar 6)

Sevilla v Manchester United (Feb 21 & Mar 13)

Real Madrid v Paris Saint-Germain (Feb 14 & Mar 6)

Shakhtar Donetsk v Roma (Feb 21 & Mar 13)

Chelsea v Barcelona (Feb 20 & Mar 14)

Bayern Munich v Besiktas (Feb 20 & Mar 14)

sDQw71EhVQAEaJWY.jpg

Unfortunately Sevilla don't look good enough this season to cause an upset here, so the only little surprise I can see here would be Chelsea beating Barcelona. If Barcelona didn't have Messi, I would definitely back Chelsea to go through, but the little man rarely fails to make an impact.

Real Madrid vs PSG will be funny because whatever team loses will probably have a huge meltdown on the pitch, with players being sent off, etc. Neither will accept going out at this stage.

Spurs - Unbeaten in their group and confidence will be high. They can beat Juve who look like they can be got at but I do think Spurs need an away goal as insurance. Juve are masters at nabbing an away goal and sitting back.

Liverpool - There will be goals in this tie, I'd tip both away teams to score in their respective away games. Perhaps Liverpool having the second leg at Anfield will do it, especially if they have Mane, Salah, Coutinho and Firmino in the team. But Liverpool's defence always gives you a chance...

Man Utd - Can consider themselves fortunate, again. I'd have tipped Sevilla the last couple season's to progress from this one but they ship too many goals and a side like United will shut them down and do enough to get by.

Chelsea - Have a great chance against what I think is as weak as I've seen Barcelona for a while. They should progress for me but then there is a reason Chelsea didn't win the group and if they have one bad game, it could be goodnight sweetheart.

Man City - Best possible tie for them. Should be a breeze against Basel for the quality City possess.

12 minutes ago, Machado said:

Unfortunately Sevilla don't look good enough this season to cause an upset here, so the only little surprise I can see here would be Chelsea beating Barcelona. If Barcelona didn't have Messi, I would definitely back Chelsea to go through, but the little man rarely fails to make an impact.

Real Madrid vs PSG will be funny because whatever team loses will probably have a huge meltdown on the pitch, with players being sent off, etc. Neither will accept going out at this stage.

Messi hasn't scored in 8 appearances against Chelsea. Gary Cahill is having a pocket stitched onto the back of his shorts in preparation for the tie :ph34r:

Round of 16

The first legs will be played on 13, 14, 20 and 21 February, and the second legs will be played on 6, 7, 13 and 14 March 2018.

Summary

Team 1 Agg. Team 2 1st leg 2nd leg
Juventus Italy   England Tottenham Hotspur 13 Feb 7 Mar
Basel Switzerland   England Manchester City 13 Feb 7 Mar
Porto Portugal   England Liverpool 14 Feb 6 Mar
Sevilla Spain   England Manchester United 21 Feb 13 Mar
Real Madrid Spain   France Paris Saint-Germain 14 Feb 6 Mar
Shakhtar Donetsk Ukraine   Italy Roma 21 Feb 13 Mar
Chelsea England   Spain Barcelona 20 Feb 14 Mar
Bayern Munich Germany   Turkey Beşiktaş 20 Feb 14 Mar

Matches

13 February 2018
20:45
Juventus Italy v England Tottenham Hotspur

7 March 2018
Tottenham Hotspur England v Italy Juventus

13 February 2018
Basel Switzerland v England Manchester City

7 March 2018
Manchester City England v Switzerland Basel

14 February 2018
Porto Portugal v England Liverpool

6 March 2018
Liverpool England v Portugal Porto

21 February 2018
Sevilla Spain v England Manchester United

13 March 2018
Manchester United England v Spain Sevilla

14 February 2018
Real Madrid Spain v France Paris Saint-Germain

6 March 2018
Paris Saint-Germain France v Spain Real Madrid

21 February 2018
Shakhtar Donetsk Ukraine v Italy Roma

13 March 2018
Roma Italy v Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk

20 February 2018
Chelsea England v Spain Barcelona

14 March 2018
Barcelona Spain v England Chelsea

20 February 2018
Bayern Munich Germany v Turkey Beşiktaş

14 March 2018
18:00
Beşiktaş Turkey v Germany Bayern Munich

23 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Messi hasn't scored in 8 appearances against Chelsea. Gary Cahill is having a pocket stitched onto the back of his shorts in preparation for the tie :ph34r:

True... bound to score now you mentioned it though... thanks for that

I actually back Spurs against Juve. I'm talking here today though and Juve have a knack of going on insane runs of form January onwards, but right now I'd back Spurs. A healthy Kane, Alli and Eriksen will be key. The offense will be what they need more than anything here.

Chelsea vs Barcelona can go either way. Conte has never been great in Europe but I'm suspecting that to change and he might prove it with this tie. Never rule out Barca though.

Roma and United both got good draws although Shakhtar aren't that bad. Better than Kyiv the last 2 seasons.

That's a good draw for us, I honestly wouldn't have minded Real Madrid but Porto should be a very good test for us defensively. I just hope we don't throw away a big lead during the tie because we can't afford to make the same mistakes in the knockout stages. 

2 hours ago, ASF said:

One of the teams that gives us more chances, of progressing.

One of Europe's best attacks against one of the best defenses. It will be close.

Strange claim to make for a side that conceded 10 goals in one of the weakest groups. 

Archived