talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Falcao to River Plate

football forum

Colombian press suggesting he'll go back after the World Cup.

Still has a high standard but I feel he'll be like Tevez was at Boca when he went back, without the moaning.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be great to see him back in Latin American domestic football at this stage in his career because he still has quite a bit to offer. These high status players that have gone to Europe and returned tend to be ones that are right at the end of the careers but it would be such a boost if the opposite occured for once. 

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It would be great to see him back in Latin American domestic football at this stage in his career because he still has quite a bit to offer. These high status players that have gone to Europe and returned tend to be ones that are right at the end of the careers but it would be such a boost if the opposite occured for once. 

I'm not convinced he'll tear it up though. He'll do well but Argentinian football (and Argentina as a whole) has changed a lot since he left. Tevez and Milito were both shocked when they went back about how different everything was.

36 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm not convinced he'll tear it up though. He'll do well but Argentinian football (and Argentina as a whole) has changed a lot since he left. Tevez and Milito were both shocked when they went back about how different everything was.

I don’t doubt he’ll find the quality has changed but he still has a lot to offer. He isn’t finished at all and it’s only because of stupid career choices and bad injuries that his career was stunted at its height. I wish him the best because not only has he been one of the quality striker in the last decade, but he’s also a fantastic person from everything I’ve read about him. 

Archived