The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Film & TV Opinion

football forum

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

All soaps (Emmerdale, Coronation Street, Hollyoaks, EastEnders) are absolute AIDS.

I hope this isn't an unpopular opinion. Anyone who has watched any other series in the world must surely realise how awful and unsubtle the writing and acting is in every single scene in any of the soaps by comparison.

10 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The Big Bang Theory is the largest peice of shit on TV in as long as i can remember. I dont understand how people find that show funny at any level. I just cringe.

Bazinga! 

It's the same with shows like How I Met Your Mother. It's the same jokes over and over and over again and the characters never really change. That's why I love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia so much. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tsubasa said:

It's the same with shows like How I Met Your Mother. It's the same jokes over and over and over again and the characters never really change. That's why I love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia so much. 

At least How I Met Your Mother had an ending and an underlying story to watch it for even if the comedy was weak for the last 3-4 seasons.

Big Bang is just a dire boring cycle.

21 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Just using this to reinforce my opinion that Shia Labeouf will win an Oscar one day. @ASF

I was actually thinking about this prediction, the other day. xD

Your statement was that 'he was winning an Oscar in the next 5 years'. This prediction was made in 2015.

So you only got 2 more years left, Tsubs, for it to come true. ;)

1 hour ago, ASF said:

I was actually thinking about this prediction, the other day. xD

Your statement was that 'he was winning an Oscar in the next 5 years'. This prediction was made in 2015.

So you only got 2 more years left, Tsubs, for it to come true. ;)

Oh shit, really? Hmm, he only got one next movie listed on his imdb page. He better picks up the pace xD

4 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Bazinga! 

To be fair, most sitcoms would be painful to watch if you just took out the laugh track and replaced it with silence.

Films 1 and 3 of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy were utter bollocks and are only thought of as highly as they are because of how excellent TDK was.

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

Films 1 and 3 of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy were utter bollocks and are only thought of as highly as they are because of how excellent TDK was.

Batman Begins was amazing. The TDKR was still good, not as good as the previous too, and it had it's weaknesses but still a good ending to the trilogy IMO. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Prince of Egypt disagrees

I've also seen that. Brilliant. Might be a taste thing though. I watched Kung Fu Panda so many times.

Toy Story is also up there, but my personal 2 favourites are Kung Fu Panda and Monsters Inc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

I'm sure I've shared this opinion on previous iterations of this forum to much disgust, but, as I've largely been uncontroversial on tf365:

'Friends' is as amusing as anthrax in a crèche and as delicately crafted as a sledgehammer to the face. 

I agree that it hasn't aged well. I have a lot of time for them in terms of them being like the breakthrough sitcom but what has come since is a lot better in terms of actual television. How I Met Your Mother, for example, is an up to date copycat of Friends in a lot of ways, and it is cheesy itself, went on for too long and far from perfect in general but objectively I found it much better viewing than Friends.

Archived