• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 9-10th December, 2017

football forum

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

No idea what Rafa is playing at. Abandoned his principles causing these shit home results. It's almost as if he doesn't care.

I don't think he does, either that or he's trying to make a point to the board which is fucking stupid because it wont work.

Heard a few speculate that as well as that he's trying to force Ashley out but surely he can't be so foolish to take that risk. We will be bottom of the league for Christmas Day if he doesn't pull his finger out.

It's all so uncharacteristic I just don't get it. One of the most bizarre things I've seen. The manager who refused 442 for 46 Championship games and even when we were losing, suddenly goes 442 in the Premier League and sticks with it when we are getting overran and losing? Eh. Can't get my head around it.

Today was a managerial joke. It looked like we had 10 men in the first half. Wtf is going on.

Feel desperately sorry for Hodgson. Despite some his serious failures I think he's an alright coach, and to have such an important result denied because of a striker's vanity is outrageous.

This attitude of "I need a penalty to break my non-scoring streak" is absolute wank in every way. One: scoring a penalty isn't going to suddenly make you shoot better. Two: if you're playing well for the team, it shouldn't matter that you're on a dry run. Three: penalties are there for the team to score, not for shitheads to boost their confidence.

• Subscriber

Fucking great win. Absolutely brilliant away day and the best of the season I'd have to say. It was very close to going the way of Stoke and West Ham. In those two games, we played some good stuff, went ahead and looked in control, but threw it away and in the end were hanging on just to draw. I thought it was happening yet again, but not this time. Vardy does excellently for our third and Okazaki surprise surprise is the centrepiece of a ridiculous goal, as per nearly every one he scores.

Despite a slow start I thought we played some brilliant football at times today. Puel's going from strength to strength with this side. Gray, Mahrez and Albrighton are linking up superbly. After so much debate over the past couple of years about our best pair of wingers, Puel's come in and managed to play all three of them rotating during a game behind Vardy and had them playing some of the best stuff I've seen from any of them. I'd go as far as saying Gray's having his best ever form here and Albrighton & Mahrez aren't playing far off 2016. A joy to watch at times.

Not the finished article. Still think we're pretty poor at the back, whether that's through silly errors, lack of pace or lack of organisation. Maguire's a very good ball playing defender but he does make a few errors too. Chilwell, a very talented young left back but still prone to moments of idiocy.

Considering the appalling football we were playing earlier in the season I've been amazed by how well Puel's got us playing without any chance to add anyone in. When he got the job it was apparently on the back of an extraordinarily good interview where he produced a dossier on every single player and explained what he planned to do to improve their game. Watching them play I think there's something in it.

Very happy at the minute. Puel's totally exceeded expectations so far.

• Administrator

enjoyed getting the updates of the game as I was getting hammered last night. Missed the last 2 goal updates and checked my phone, was pleasantly surprised! Will enjoy watching the highlights by the sounds of it. 

• Administrator
19 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Think Zaha may have gone down easy from my angle.

for the first penalty? There's contact but Zaha is virtually on the ground by the time Begovic makes contact. 

Defoe's 2nd goal reminds me Kasami's goal for Fulham a while back. Think that was against Palace as well?!

I think utsmd will win today. City not in the great form they were and I think utd will have enough defensively. City will probably have about 80%  percession

• The topic was unpinned

Archived