talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 9-10th December, 2017

football forum

51 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'm not sure why you need to ask that really? You're asking why I have a problem with an energy drink franchise buying a football club, ripping it's soul away and pumping millions upon millions into it to get them into the Bundesliga? They're quite rightly the most hated club in the land because they are nothing more than a trojan horse that's intent is to change football as we know it. 

Are you suggesting that you wouldn't have a problem with the Champions League finals in 2025 including Red Bull Leipzig, Red Bull Bradford, Red Bull Marseille and Red Bull Parma? It'd be a total farce.

I never said it was right and I don't think they should be able to own multiple clubs, but the way they operate is completely different to PSG and City that's all.

48 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What, like PSG do with Monaco and other clubs mate?  They rape the league because they have the clout!

Who exactly have Leipzig raped in the Bundesliga for their talent? I couldnt tell you a single player they have brought who was totally established. I'm not saying it's right don't get me wrong but they are vastly different to both PSG and City.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

I never said it was right and I don't think they should be able to own multiple clubs, but the way they operate is completely different to PSG and City that's all.

Who exactly have Leipzig raped in the Bundesliga for their talent? I couldnt tell you a single player they have brought who was totally established. I'm not saying it's right don't get me wrong but they are vastly different to both PSG and City.

It's not exactly the same you're right because whereas Leipzig are backed by a multinational, both PSG and City are backed by an actual State (something that's illegal and more so the former than the latter). But they function in the same manner within their means... the only reason Leipzig don't do the same is because the means aren't as abundant.  It's the fact you mentioned poaching youth which is something PSG have been doing for a long old while.

30 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Love how we got called embarrassing and weak earlier for having low possession at Anfield then United have 20% possession in a HOME derby and it's barely mentioned. Sky.

Oh it’s far more embarrassing for Manchester United given the expense lavished on their squad. My gripe with Everton wasn’t the defensive nature but the constant hoofing.

6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Besides the two mistakes of lukaku, the two teams have been evenly match.

That's ridiculous because one football had nothing to do with the other... I have no idea who the home team was, was it City?

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Oh it’s far more embarrassing for Manchester United given the expense lavished on their squad. My gripe with Everton wasn’t the defensive nature but the constant hoofing.

I was talking about the pundits not anyone on here but you're right. I have a problem with the hoofing all season.

9 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Even after spending a billion pounds and with Guardiola as manager, City trying to keep it in the corner after 85 minutes. 

Some things in football are just exactly the same at any level.

It’s called playing smart football 

why risk a team scoring. 

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Take away Lukaku's mistakes and what was citeh's end product. Hate that the team didnt get the three points but even without pogba, the two teams were evenly matched. Herrera was targeted all damn game !!

Herrera diving was embarrassing..

no they were not evenly matched at all. City played united off the park. It was a dominant display.  

United had no interest in playing football. Sit back and hope for a counter... mentality of a relegation team 

18 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I'm fairly confident we will give it a better go trying to beat Man City at home than that :ph34r:

I actually thought United gave it a better go than I thought they would. City were the better team on the night but other than the 20 or 25 minutes before City scored there wasn't much in it. Possession, and shots on goal were pretty even the rest of the time , De Gea only really made one great save on KDB, Lukaku gifted them two goals and missed a chance to get the draw.  Without the defensive mistakes it could have ended nil nil. Personally, without Pogba, I was expecting a lot worse.

That being said with City now 11 points clear, the title race is over.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived