talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 9-10th December, 2017

football forum

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Of course you celebrate a last minute goal but then that's it, it's gone. Difference with you lot is it's all about stopping Liverpool. Yesterday will live long in the memory for you lot

I totally understand them celebrating the equaliser, that’s normal in any game. 

Them bouncing because they won their first corner near the end though was hilarious 😂 

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Of course you celebrate a last minute goal but then that's it, it's gone. Difference with you lot is it's all about stopping Liverpool. Yesterday will live long in the memory for you lot

It most definitely wasn't "gone" that day. There was celebrations long after full time. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

When Clyne returns Gomez (who looks a great prospect) will also be an option at CB.

I actually wonder if he'd be good at CB but having said that getting Clyne back for some rotation is going to work out well in the longer run. I thought we looked good on both wings defensively but I also attribute that to the lack of attack that they had to face. Sure, we can all bang on about what Klopp has done to sort the defense out but if you look at the other end of the pitch he's trying to sort it out by not buying defenders but using a stronger attack and it works for the most part. Yesterday was a blip and I am sure no one feels worse about it than Lovren who will bounce back from this. Also, no one is really giving Andy his just dues, I thought he was very good last night and I hope we get to see more of him because his tracking and willingness to run into open space (pass from Firmino) is superb.

34 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I actually wonder if he'd be good at CB but having said that getting Clyne back for some rotation is going to work out well in the longer run. I thought we looked good on both wings defensively but I also attribute that to the lack of attack that they had to face. Sure, we can all bang on about what Klopp has done to sort the defense out but if you look at the other end of the pitch he's trying to sort it out by not buying defenders but using a stronger attack and it works for the most part. Yesterday was a blip and I am sure no one feels worse about it than Lovren who will bounce back from this. Also, no one is really giving Andy his just dues, I thought he was very good last night and I hope we get to see more of him because his tracking and willingness to run into open space (pass from Firmino) is superb.

Robertson did ok, should have done better with the ball in some of the positions he got himself into though. Hopefully that'll come with more games

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Story seems to be City players were playing loud music, Mourinho ended up going in asking them to be respectful and turn it down. Ended up having water/milk flicked at him by Ederson and an empty plastic bottle thrown at him, then a melee broke out between 20 players and staff, Arteta got a split eyebrow, someone else got hit by a bottle which was thrown by Lukaku.

He seems to have blood relations to a goldfish and one club tried to save him from himself by sprinkling cold water him! :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Robertson did ok, should have done better with the ball in some of the positions he got himself into though. Hopefully that'll come with more games

You're right and I think more match time will improve that. With Moreno out for a bit we'll see more of him and I hope he gets better with more game time. Our crossing on the whole was a bit dire yesterday, Chamberlain being the biggest culprit out of the lot but that's never really been this team's forte. 

12 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

You're right and I think more match time will improve that. With Moreno out for a bit we'll see more of him and I hope he gets better with more game time. Our crossing on the whole was a bit dire yesterday, Chamberlain being the biggest culprit out of the lot but that's never really been this team's forte. 

Chamberlain and Robertson put in a couple of good deliveries, but yeah overall it was poor. Another problem is that it doesn't seem that the forwards are anticipating crosses correctly. The only one that I've seen work a few times is standing it up for Salah at the back post.

Otherwise, it seems that the team doesn't gamble in the way you need for driven deliveries along the ground.

• Administrator

1. I wanna know who threw milk at Mourinho xD 

2. Where's the videos at? Some journo must be holding to this prize footage

3. Mourinho asking Man City to show some respect after loud music played in their dressing room! The double standards! The hypocrisy! THey just beat their arch-rivals in their own back yard! They're entitled to celebrate. Not like Mourinho has always been respectful either. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

1. I wanna know who threw milk at Mourinho xD 

2. Where's the videos at? Some journo must be holding to this prize footage

3. Mourinho asking Man City to show some respect after loud music played in their dressing room! The double standards! The hypocrisy! THey just beat their arch-rivals in their own back yard! They're entitled to celebrate. Not like Mourinho has always been respectful either. 

This would've been filmed by Amazon, but they were banned to film at Old Trafford for the film they are making about City. 

• Administrator
Just now, VanPaddy said:

This would've been filmed by Amazon, but they were banned to film at Old Trafford for the film they are making about City. 

so they don't have it then

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Here we go! I wondered how long it would take for the usuals to repeat everything weve discussed a thousand times already - Our defence. 

Everton didn’t get a sniff yesterday, not a sniff. They played for a penalty and Lovren stupidly fell for it giving the referee the option of pointing to the spot. Soft! 

Its not just Everton who didnt get a sniff though, nobody really does at Anfield. That soft penalty was only the second/third goal we’ve conceded at home in the league all season I believe? Best home record (defensively) in the country!? Not far off anyway. 

Everybody saw the game, everyone is bright enough to see how things played out so why are the usuals going back to banging on about Klopp not buying a defender? Everyone knows that Klopp wants VVD and is prepared to wait for him to eventually partner Matip, so why would he go and spend a fortune on someone else now? He’s sorted the attack (his priority) and now he’ll sort the defence. Kieta will automatically help us defensively because his stats in this area are excellent, as well as his attacking stats. When Clyne returns Gomez (who looks a great prospect) will also be an option at CB.

Patience.  

Jesus Christ. This has been done to death!!! 

Our first choice centre back, who isn't good enough (or fully fit), made a mistake to concede a penalty and cost us two points and a derby win. Surely you don't need it explained to you why people are talking about our failure to strengthen that area in the summer after that?

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Here we go! I wondered how long it would take for the usuals to repeat everything weve discussed a thousand times already - Our defence. 

Everton didn’t get a sniff yesterday, not a sniff. They played for a penalty and Lovren stupidly fell for it giving the referee the option of pointing to the spot. Soft! 

Its not just Everton who didnt get a sniff though, nobody really does at Anfield. That soft penalty was only the second/third goal we’ve conceded at home in the league all season I believe? Best home record (defensively) in the country!? Not far off anyway. 

Everybody saw the game, everyone is bright enough to see how things played out so why are the usuals going back to banging on about Klopp not buying a defender? Everyone knows that Klopp wants VVD and is prepared to wait for him to eventually partner Matip, so why would he go and spend a fortune on someone else now? He’s sorted the attack (his priority) and now he’ll sort the defence. Kieta will automatically help us defensively because his stats in this area are excellent, as well as his attacking stats. When Clyne returns Gomez (who looks a great prospect) will also be an option at CB.

Patience.  

Jesus Christ. This has been done to death!!! 

Our first choice centre back, who isn't good enough (or fully fit), made a mistake to concede a penalty and cost us two points and a derby win. Surely you don't need it explained to you why people are talking about our failure to strengthen that area in the summer after that?

36 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Soon Liverpool fans will be like Arsenal, you will have Klopp out and Klopp in fans, I really can see it going that way,  Liverpool fan tv might be quite popular soon xD

No, that’s what people like you WANT to happen. 

In reality nobody wants Klopp our, unless they are absolute morons that is xD

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It doesn’t need talking about in detail for the 100000000000000th time no. Nothing can be done about it until January at the earliest. 

Improvement in our defence is huge so far. Still a few issues, Salah should have scored that header and Mane's terrible decision but in the main we were solid. 

Never ever going to go to Anfield and either play ourselves or try and let them play to their strengths. 

In the end, poor decisions from Klopp and one from Lovren let them down. 

In terms of us now, Niasse starting games has to be over with. We need a new left back. And Kenny has been great lately. 

22 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Improvement in our defence is huge so far. Still a few issues, Salah should have scored that header and Mane's terrible decision but in the main we were solid. 

Never ever going to go to Anfield and either play ourselves or try and let them play to their strengths. 

In the end, poor decisions from Klopp and one from Lovren let them down. 

In terms of us now, Niasse starting games has to be over with. We need a new left back. And Kenny has been great lately. 

I thought Kenny was your best player yesterday. Hardly put a foot wrong. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I would like to know why there was milk in the tunnel in the first place xD

I presumed it was from the dressing room (for tea), not just a few bottles lying around in the tunnel xD 

12 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That’s all irrelevant mate. The team he put out had/did more than enough to take the points. It was two stupid moments from our own players that cost us the win. People saying we could/would have done this that and the other with those two on the pitch are just surmising. 

Again, Lovren and Mane cost us two points today, not Klopp. Anyone who says that isn’t the case is a bit daft to be fair. 

You're all about the 'what if's' if it helps your argument (IF Mane passed, IF Lovren wasn't a mong) but won't accept us saying what if Firmino & Coutinho started, what if Salah wasn't subbed. 

You have Klopps testicles firmly in your mouth. It's embarassing. 

18 minutes ago, FOYM said:

You're all about the 'what if's' if it helps your argument (IF Mane passed, IF Lovren wasn't a mong) but won't accept us saying what if Firmino & Coutinho started, what if Salah wasn't subbed. 

You have Klopps testicles firmly in your mouth. It's embarassing. 

I’ve criticised Klopp plenty on here, more than most in fact. You’ve even said my views on him were harsh yourself. I put the blame for City, Spurs and Sevilla firmly at his feet so don’t talk shite.

I just don’t think yesteday was on him thats all, basically because had the two culprits done the absolute basics right we’d have won comfortably and this wouldn’t even be a discussion. We totally outclassed Everton in every department. 

I’m not saying things might not have been different had Coutinho and Firmino started because it might... Who knows? All I know is what I saw with my own eyes and how 2 awful mistakes by our players cost us the points. 

We outclassed them in every department but goals scored....We had more possession but did nothing with it. Pointless crosses to Solanke, who for all his effort, was useless all game. Looking at their defence before the game, I don't know how you don't play all your in form players with the hope of giving them a hiding. It was a needless gamble, and in the derby, not playing your strongest team when they are all available is unforgivable. 

Archived