talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 9-10th December, 2017

football forum

3 minutes ago, FOYM said:

We outclassed them in every department but goals scored....We had more possession but did nothing with it. Pointless crosses to Solanke, who for all his effort, was useless all game. Looking at their defence before the game, I don't know how you don't play all your in form players with the hope of giving them a hiding. It was a needless gamble, and in the derby, not playing your strongest team when they are all available is unforgivable. 

Apparently Coutinho didn’t train at all after Wednesday’s match, maybe that had something to do with it? 

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the @The Liquidator at?

Another goal for Salah (top scorer in the league now), City strolling to the title in December (when they were due to 'do what they normally do', oh, and a defeat for Chelsea at everyone's favourite whipping boys, West Ham.

He's made some great calls this season. Keep it up.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Where is the @The Liquidator at?

Another goal for Salah (top scorer in the league now), City strolling to the title in December (when they were due to 'do what they normally do', oh, and a defeat for Chelsea at everyone's favourite whipping boys, West Ham.

He's made some great calls this season. Keep it up.

Yeah I had you down as a Muppet Lucas... Please continue.

Salah has to get Liverpool to finish higher than 3rd to improve them.... Its that simple... See you at the end of the season Lucas!

I wont forget you :ay:

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Yeah I had you down as a Muppet Lucas... Please continue.

Salah has to get Liverpool to finish higher than 3rd to improve them.... Its that simple... See you at the end of the season Lucas!

I wont forget you :ay:

Higher than third? Why? Also if Liverpool have a decent run in Europe or do well in the FA Cup does that not count as improvement?

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Higher than third? Why? Also if Liverpool have a decent run in Europe or do well in the FA Cup does that not count as improvement?

It’s like saying Harry Kane doesn’t improve Spurs unless they finish higher than second without taking anything else into account. 

Everyone knows we are a better team with Salah in it. He just made a ludicrous claim and now everyone is calling him out on it. 

18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’s like saying Harry Kane doesn’t improve Spurs unless they finish higher than second without taking anything else into account. 

Everyone knows we are a better team with Salah in it. He just made a ludicrous claim and now everyone is calling him out on it. 

How Dumb are you? Kane was a player when they finished 2nd, Salah wasnt a player with Liverpool when they finished 3rd and you guys said he will improve you.

Finish higher than your previous seasons finish and you have improved... It's that simple and not my fault you guys dont like the HUGE FUCKING HOLE in your boast he would improve you.

I'll see you all at the end of the season! :D

• Administrator
Just now, The Liquidator said:

How Dumb are you? Kane was a player when they finished 2nd, Salah wasnt a player with Liverpool when they finished 3rd and you guys said he will improve you.

Finish higher than your previous seasons finish and you have improved... It's that simple and not my fault you guys dont like the HUGE FUCKING HOLE in your boast he would improve you.

doesn't all have to be about positions in the table though? Considering other teams improve as well and they don't stand-still. It can be about performances of the individual and the impact that individual has on the team. 

Just now, Stan said:

doesn't all have to be about positions in the table though? Considering other teams improve as well and they don't stand-still. It can be about performances of the individual and the impact that individual has on the team. 

With the greatest respect Stan, that's total Bollocks.... It's all about what you do, not anyone else. They were the 3rd best last season, to improve they have to finish higher.

No if's or buts, it's that simple

2 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

With the greatest respect Stan, that's total Bollocks.... It's all about what you do, not anyone else. They were the 3rd best last season, to improve they have to finish higher.

We came fourth last season. 

Anyway, our attack is better with Salah in it. No ifs or but’s, it’s that simple. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

yeah, so a team can improve within themselves through the aid of one player and the impact that player has. Hence it not all about being just based on position. 

25 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

We finished fourth last season. If we do that again and have a good run in Europe and the cup is that not improvement? Salah has improved the squad. His addition means that we're no longer so reliant on Mane as we were last season

In the ‘Mo Salah thread’, @liquidator said this:

“Let me ask you something, goal return for Salah... baring in mind he is your record signing and you guys believe he makes you a better team, would it be fair to say a return of 20 league goals is a must for him to prove his worth?”

So he himself set Salah a goal return target which he is obviously now going to surpass. 

Anyway, Salah has been the signing of the season so far. Surely there isn’t much doubt about that? 

Why not take coutinho, Salah, Firmino, Mane off at half time against Spartak? If he's bothered about their fitness? 

If Coutinho is fucked then it's Klopp who has to answer for playing him for the full 90 mins in midweek. Was Bobby too unfit to start or is that just an excuse you're using for Coutinho? 

3 hours ago, FOYM said:

Why not take coutinho, Salah, Firmino, Mane off at half time against Spartak? If he's bothered about their fitness? 

If Coutinho is fucked then it's Klopp who has to answer for playing him for the full 90 mins in midweek. Was Bobby too unfit to start or is that just an excuse you're using for Coutinho? 

WTF? How do I know how anyone performed in training? 

Klopp and his medical team are the ones that see them in training everyday and make decisions regarding players fitness. Anyway, you can only make three subs in a game and against Spartak Moreno came off injured during the first half which meant we only had two left. Figure that out! 

Jesus wept, all I did was say I thought it was the 2 players who totally fucked up on match day that cost us the points rather than Klopp gambling on team selection and it’s like I’m on fucking trial xD

Fucking relax man. If you think it was Klopp’s fault we dropped points and not Lovren/Mane’s then that’s fine, it’s your opinion. I have a different view of how things panned out on the day though so let’s just leave it at that. 

It's a combination of both, neither side is completely correct. I completely understand the need for rotation but I think Klopp could manage it better. Salah for example played 90 minutes v Spartak but then gets brought off after an hour at 1-0 in the derby.

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's a combination of both, neither side is completely correct. I completely understand the need for rotation but I think Klopp could manage it better. Salah for example played 90 minutes v Spartak but then gets brought off after an hour at 1-0 in the derby.

I accept he didn’t do everything perfectly but in my initial post after the game in this thread (if anyone wants to go back and read it) I simply stated that Klopp took a gamble which would have paid off perfectly had Lovren and Mane not been absolute tools and let him down, and I stick by that. We would have won the game comfortably and nobody would have bat an eyelid about players being left out. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I accept he didn’t do everything perfectly but in my initial post after the game in this thread (if anyone wants to go back and read it) I simply stated that Klopp took a gamble which would have paid off perfectly had Lovren and Mane not been absolute tools and let him down, and I stick by that. We would have won the game comfortably and nobody would have bat an eyelid about players being left out. 

I completely see where you're coming from. I think that resting two of the front four in a game like yesterday leaves him open to criticism though. You could argue that had Firmino started instead of Solanke for example, that Mane's miss or Lovren's brainless moment wouldn't have mattered either. Solanke offered nothing and it was unfair on him throwing him in a game like that when he's only started once in the league all season

Archived