talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 9-10th December, 2017

football forum

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I completely see where you're coming from. I think that resting two of the front four in a game like yesterday leaves him open to criticism though. You could argue that had Firmino started instead of Solanke for example, that Mane's miss or Lovren's brainless moment wouldn't have mattered either. Solanke offered nothing and it was unfair on him throwing him in a game like that when he's only started once in the league all season

That’s fair game. To be honest I’m just fucking pissed off with Mane more than anything. As good as he is, that piece of madness cost us the game more than any other factor in my opinion. Probably more so than Lovren because I think after seeing it numerous times that the penalty decision was soft at best. 

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That’s fair game. To be honest I’m just fucking pissed off with Mane more than anything. As good as he is, that piece of madness cost us the game more than any other factor in my opinion. Probably more so than Lovren because I think after seeing it numerous times that the penalty decision was soft at best. 

That had goal written all over it. He did everything right, took a defender out of the equation, pulled the central man towards him opening space in the middle for the attackers and all it needed was a side pass which he had ample opportunity to do as well. Sometimes in the moment all these things dont factor into a players line of thinking. Either that or he was just being greedy. I'm leaning with greed.

17 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

In the ‘Mo Salah thread’, @liquidator said this:

“Let me ask you something, goal return for Salah... baring in mind he is your record signing and you guys believe he makes you a better team, would it be fair to say a return of 20 league goals is a must for him to prove his worth?”

So he himself set Salah a goal return target which he is obviously now going to surpass. 

Anyway, Salah has been the signing of the season so far. Surely there isn’t much doubt about that? 

Are yes, the question I asked of you which you refused to answer and confirmed in my mind you are a Muppet.

Ironic you would attempt to use that question to back you now.

Salah doing brilliantly, Liverpool no better than last season.... See you at the end of the season

19 hours ago, Stan said:

doesn't all have to be about positions in the table though? Considering other teams improve as well and they don't stand-still. It can be about performances of the individual and the impact that individual has on the team. 

Yes it does. What you describe is about opinion, where's the table is a truth.

It's that simple

22 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Yes it does. What you describe is about opinion, where's the table is a truth.

It's that simple

Strange that you keep ignoring the point about the Champions League. Does that not matter then? It's small minded to suggest that there's no other factors to consider

Just now, The Liquidator said:

You feel you win the CL?

No, where have you got that from? Liverpool have Champions League football to contend with this year. Signing Mo Salah has certainly helped our transition into that. If we were to have a good run, say to the last 16 or last 8, does that not count towards our improvement?

49 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Are yes, the question I asked of you which you refused to answer and confirmed in my mind you are a Muppet.

Ironic you would attempt to use that question to back you now.

Salah doing brilliantly, Liverpool no better than last season.... See you at the end of the season

You are a fucking Bell end. 

No if’s or but’s...

Its that simple ....

:ay:

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

No, where have you got that from? Liverpool have Champions League football to contend with this year. Signing Mo Salah has certainly helped our transition into that. If we were to have a good run, say to the last 16 or last 8, does that not count towards our improvement?

That's not my fault.

It's quite simple, finish higher than the previous year in the Premier League and then without question, you have improved.

16 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

That's not my fault.

It's quite simple, finish higher than the previous year in the Premier League and then without question, you have improved.

So only you set the bar then and what anyone else thinks is irrelevant? 

Okey dokey 👍

4 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

That's not my fault.

So nothing outside of the league matters then. Sound.

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Bloody Hell you got it!

No if's buts or deluded excuses.... Finish higher than last season. It may happen :ay:

What if we acquire more points than last season but finish lower? 

That would suggest we have improved as a team but the standard of teams at the top has got higher, wouldn’t it? 

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That would suggest we have improved as a team but the standard of teams at the top has got higher, wouldn’t it? 

What if its only a 3 point improvement? That would suggest an element of luck and would not be worth even typing up as a mention.

10 points though would be a good improvement marker in my opinion... no more no less... simple as

13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What if its only a 3 point improvement? That would suggest an element of luck and would not be worth even typing up as a mention.

10 points though would be a good improvement marker in my opinion... no more no less... simple as

You Chelsea boys set the bar high xD

35 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No, this is all about Liverpool Football Club improving over last seasons finish thanks to the signing of Salah. The only way for them to prove that without question is to finish higher than the previous season. Up to now Salah is doing his bit, no question on that, clearly the signing of the last window in this country. Its the rest of the players who need to step up, and, from what I read of some who report on Liverpool, plus a few fans, the manager needs to take his head out his ass n decide if you are a PL team or a CL. Spreading a thin squad over two competitions rarely pays off.

From what I have seen of them Liverpool can better last seasons position. If Salah keeps bloody scoring you will have every chance.

37 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

No, this is all about Liverpool Football Club improving over last seasons finish thanks to the signing of Salah. The only way for them to prove that without question is to finish higher than the previous season. Up to now Salah is doing his bit, no question on that, clearly the signing of the last window in this country. Its the rest of the players who need to step up, and, from what I read of some who report on Liverpool, plus a few fans, the manager needs to take his head out his ass n decide if you are a PL team or a CL. Spreading a thin squad over two competitions rarely pays off.

From what I have seen of them Liverpool can better last seasons position. If Salah keeps bloody scoring you will have every chance.

Now that’s more like it! 

I don’t agree with the first part but.... Good post 👍

Really poor post match comments from Mourinho. I get the whole deflection tactics but its getting boring now. City outclassed United in every way at the weekend. He is one of the most ungracious managers in football. His tactics and player selection was poor and had City been more clinical it could have been embarrassing for United at home.

Archived