talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dortmund sack Bosz - Peter Stöger appointed

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I was absolutely shocked but before this season he had done a good job at Koln, so I guess it's worth giving him a shot at a big club. If he can at least get a bit of stability and solidity in the team, then getting top-4 should be pretty doable even without doing an outstanding job, but the chance is there to impress and get an extension.

56 minutes ago, nudge said:

Only until the end of the season though. Reckon they'll try to get Nagelsmann afterwards?

Depends on how good Stöger will do I guess. But with Mr. W and his giant ego, you never know. 

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Short background on Stoger for someone less than knowledgeable about German football?

Was very successful in Austria, and then managed to get Köln from the 2. Bundesliga into the Europa League. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Depends on how good Stöger will do I guess. But with Mr. W and his giant ego, you never know. 

Was very successful in Austria, and then managed to get Köln from the 2. Bundesliga into the Europa League. 

Damn. Everton should have got him :ph34r:.

Just now, VanPaddy said:

No surprise really,  He really shouldn't of left Ajax and then jumped in this disastrous team at Dortmund, his style was too open for this awful defence, it was the wrong club for him but also the wrong manager for Dortmund.  

Shouldn't have*

Archived