talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Long Can Man City Stay Unbeaten?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they can, today and Chelsea away are the toughest tests they are going to face and they came through both of them with one goal wins that could have been so much more. It'll depend how desperate they remain to stay unbeaten for the season once they and guaranteed the title.

2 minutes ago, Toony said:

I think they can, today and Chelsea away are the toughest tests they are going to face and they came through both of them with one goal wins that could have been so much more. It'll depend how desperate they remain to stay unbeaten for the season once they and guaranteed the title.

Chelsea will be at home 

still got Liverpool and spurs away though 

No matter how well you play, freak results are always possible.

Even without any real dip, there's always a chance of a day where City blow a few chances, and some freak defensive or refereeing mistake gives the opposition a goal. 

Going unbeaten for a whole season requires a lot of quality, but also a lot of luck, which makes it pointless to predict imo. 

On 16/12/2017 at 9:36 PM, Kitchen Sales said:

It's time to ask another question, can Man City win 37 of 38 league games?

Even witchcraft cant stop us this season  ...we can lose away to Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool and still be top of the league B|  

• Subscriber

Still early days and a lot more games to go but like I said before the lead offers so much cushion space for City its unreal. They'll win the league without a shadow of a doubt but we are also getting towards the 'business' end of the season where teams have to solidify their positions on the board and I feel this is when we're going to see matches drawn or lost based on that factor alone. This also applies to every other team and I think City will be in a good position come March with focus on the CL being primary for Guardiola and his men.

• 4 weeks later...

We’ve got a good record against City at Anfield and Klopp has a good record against Pep in general. 

But this City team is a different beast and I’d happily take a draw now if offered. Saying that, we will make chances so it all boils down to if we can take them. We have to be clinical in front of goal to get anything out of this. 

5 hours ago, Pep Talk said:

I would take a draw on sunday personally. Always tough place to win there.

That's pessimistic mate. The form you are in the only place you should take a draw is Barcelona

8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That's pessimistic mate. The form you are in the only place you should take a draw is Barcelona

Maybe so but we have played quite alot of games lately so not always easy to play high level all the time. Liverpool are such a tough team to play at home so a draw wouldn't be a bad result. We won't play for a draw though thats for sure.

Archived