Southampton vs Leicester
Swansea vs Man City
Tottenham vs Brighton, 20.00
West Ham vs Arsenal, 20.00

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, True Blue said:

"Superb" against struggling teams, but we do bounce back after a shit result. The 3-5-2 even tough stable it lacks everything going forward, think we should start 3-4-3 tomorrow.

Azpilicueta has a 100% record when he is captain. 

2 hours ago, HK85 said:

Rafa and Sam hate each other so even if the game is atrocious it'll be funny to see some touchline antics. 

Yeah that's quite possibly going to be the highlight of that match. But Fat Sam's Rafa hate stems from us not giving him an interview and hiring Rafa - that hate might have dwindled as Rafa's reputation in this country took a beating and he's subsequently been relegated and promoted. It's not like Neil Warnock who blames Rafa for his side getting relegated because we played a weak side against Fat Sam's Bolton as we had an eye on our 2005 CL campaign.

I think Rafa also turned down an offer from Fat Sam to drink wine after that match in 2005, and Fat Sam was offended... But that shite was also 12 years ago.

When was the last time they played each other?

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Think the last time was the 15/16 season when they drew 1-1 at SJP. Also played earlier on in that season and Sunderland won. 

He did say it was all over with after they had a chat with each other when both at West Ham and Chelsea but even as early as this season Sam has been sniping at Rotund Rafa over the Ashley and funds situation that he was leaking to the press every week. 

• Subscriber

We traditionally struggle at Southampton, and I think in a season of atrocious away performances in the league Southampton ranked right at the very bottom last year. We were a disgrace.

I'm sure Puel will have had an eye on this one for a while. So far his sacking from there hasn't looked very vindicated with Southampton looking no better than last year you'd have to say - lower in the table and even less goals scored per game, while of course now being 3 places below Puel himself.

We've won three on the bounce and are playing our best football since winning the league. I maintain we should be gunning for that 7th place. I think we are better than Burnley.

I do think this'll be a draw though. Southampton still have a pretty good side on the whole and don't concede too many. 1-1.

5 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Think the last time was the 15/16 season when they drew 1-1 at SJP. Also played earlier on in that season and Sunderland won. 

He did say it was all over with after they had a chat with each other when both at West Ham and Chelsea but even as early as this season Sam has been sniping at Rotund Rafa over the Ashley and funds situation that he was leaking to the press every week. 

I feel like Fat Sam and Rotund Rafa (did you make that up, I've never heard that but that's "kwa-lity" as Rotund Rafa would say") should be friends. Shame I suppose.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah that's quite possibly going to be the highlight of that match. But Fat Sam's Rafa hate stems from us not giving him an interview and hiring Rafa - that hate might have dwindled as Rafa's reputation in this country took a beating and he's subsequently been relegated and promoted. It's not like Neil Warnock who blames Rafa for his side getting relegated because we played a weak side against Fat Sam's Bolton as we had an eye on our 2005 CL campaign.

I think Rafa also turned down an offer from Fat Sam to drink wine after that match in 2005, and Fat Sam was offended... But that shite was also 12 years ago.

The fuss that Allardyce made over that hand gesture did towards Alonso in 2009 when Allardyce was Blackburn manager is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Batshuayi for sure leaving 

Out on loan I believe... We must have someone inbound then

Thinking about it Conte will probably text him while he is in the middle of his Christmas dinner to tell him he is no longer/never was part of his plans.. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived