talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 12-13th December, 2017

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Should have cashed out on all of them.

Made fuck all difference to me except the Burnley goal as I had them on a 0.0, -0.5 Asian Handicap. :ay:

To be honest I'm going through a phase where I feel like no matter what I do I'll lose out somehow. I reckon I've lost a good £300 this past fortnight and that's despite a good win recently.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Dan said:

To be honest I'm going through a phase where I feel like no matter what I do I'll lose out somehow. I reckon I've lost a good £300 this past fortnight and that's despite a good win recently.

I keep seeming to win at least as many bets as I'm losing including a few decent trebles but had one or two shocking days last week where I lost a few bets and didn't win any and somehow end up massively down as a result.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Should probably give betting a rest if you're losing that much.

Yeah definitely. Always stood by the principle of not betting what I can't afford to lose and while it hasn't put me into any trouble, there's nothing I'm gaining from it at the minute.

What's annoying is I've just pulled off the tipster league's biggest win of the season yet on the real thing I'm hopeless.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I keep seeming to win at least as many bets as I'm losing including a few decent trebles but had one or two shocking days last week where I lost a few bets and didn't win any and somehow end up massively down as a result.

I'm like the Alan Pardew of gambling, can go on an absolutely fantastic run and then one so ridiculously bad it's unreal. Think I'm having a rest from it a little while.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dan said:

I'm like the Alan Pardew of gambling, can go on an absolutely fantastic run and then one so ridiculously bad it's unreal. Think I'm having a rest from it a little while.

If only the real Alan Pardew was this self aware.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Two late Palace goals have cost me about £75, and that late Huddersfield goal has cost me about 15 points on fantasy football and a perfect score on predictions league. I'm sat there wanting no goals and land 3. Fuck off.

After all the stick you've given Hodgson in the past I'm only happy for him to ruin your evening.

Well it turns out Klopp hooked Salah against Everton due to a slight hamstring. Nothing serious but not worth the risk leaving him on:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-reveals-mohamed-salahs-14029428

Coutinho didn’t train all week leading up to the derby also and was only deemed fit enough for a place on the bench. 

People will still say though.. “Well what about Firmino”? Well that was also explains in Klopp’s pre match presser who briefly suggested that Bobby has played more minutes this season than any of our other players and also does more running during games which had led to him looking a little fatigued during training leading up to the derby.

When you know all the facts hey?

So, tonight we will probably see some more rotation and resting of players. I just hope we win or the fume will be unbearable. 

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Coutinho didn’t train all week leading up to the derby also and was only deemed fit enough for a place on the bench. 

Why play him against Spartak then? 

It's not like Klopp hasn't made questionable rotation choices in the past so maybe come down from your high horse eh

As for tonight, I expect nothing less than 3 points. Not much else to say really, it's West brom. 

38 minutes ago, FOYM said:

It's not like Klopp hasn't made questionable rotation choices in the past so maybe come down from your high horse eh

As for tonight, I expect nothing less than 3 points. Not much else to say really, it's West brom. 

Not on a high horse mate, just trying to point out that decisions were made for a reason and not just shits and giggles. I was trying to point out the other day that I didn’t know the reasons why changes were made but I was pretty sure that Klopp didn’t just wake up on Derby day with a fully fit squad and think ... “fuck it, today I’ll drop two of my best players and bring off my most in form player because I can”. There were obviously reasons for it. 

Ive only just found out the reasoning for it all myself so just thought I’d shed some light on it.

And I’m not sure about previous questionable rotation decisions, he probably has? I do know Klopp was absolutely slam dunked for not making any rotation last season which led to injuries, fatigue and general poor form around and after the Xmas period so he’s obviously learned lessons there.

Anyway, as you say, tonight is West Brom and a win it should be. Expect more changes though because apparently there are a few players 50/50 whether they can start or not. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

After all the stick you've given Hodgson in the past I'm only happy for him to ruin your evening.

And he'll be getting a lot more on Saturday, don't you worry.

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

And I’m not sure about previous questionable rotation decisions, he probably has? I do know Klopp was absolutely slam dunked for not making any rotation last season which led to injuries, fatigue and general poor form around and after the Xmas period so he’s obviously learned lessons there.

Yeah I'd go along with this. Definitely seems to be thinking ahead with potentially more games this season. Hopefully it means we have a better January and February too. It's starting to feel like we've gone back in time 10 years! xD Every week when Rafa was manager all you'd hear about was rotation!  Used to do my head in!

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I'd go along with this. Definitely seems to be thinking ahead with potentially more games this season. Hopefully it means we have a better January and February too. It's starting to feel like we've gone back in time 10 years! xD Every week when Rafa was manager all you'd hear about was rotation!  Used to do my head in!

Yep, Rafa’s rotation used to get a lot of stick but it was the main reason we used to finish seasons strongly, go deep into cup competitions and actually win stuff. 

2 hours ago, Toony said:

Be a tight one tonight, I don't really rate Everton too highly but Fat Sam will come desperate to get one over on Everton.

We really need a avoid a defeat tonight because there's some real tough ones coming up.

I think he's already done that with the wage package he's on.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yep, Rafa’s rotation used to get a lot of stick but it was the main reason we used to finish seasons strongly, go deep into cup competitions and actually win stuff. 

To be fair to Klopp he's had to deal with injuries out of his control too (not like every other manager sending players out on Int. Duty hasn't) and that probably hasn't helped his squad rotation. This season, however, he's at a point where a lot of the players he wants to play are fit and I think I've heard him say in a few interviews now when asked about why player X hasn't played that this part of the season is busy and he needs rotation. I just want them to smash the other team tonight and then this saga about who didn't play when they should have played can be put to bed for a few more games.

P.S. I still don't entirely trust his rotation or substitution policy but considering what he has available and who he is potentially losing in the summer I can't entirely blame the man for trying things out.

• Subscriber

That is one weird fucking line-up. Albrighton, Gray and Iborra all dropped, three of the most in-form players, for Fuchs, King and Okazaki - the former two who've definitely struggled.

I'll be intrigued to see how it pans out but I'm calling defeat after seeing that side. Similar kind of team we played at Bournemouth although we might actually string 5 passes together now.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived