talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bizarre Football Opinions

football forum

On 4/20/2017 at 3:07 AM, Danny said:

Come on, everyone's had a golden nugget or two in their time. When were you dead set on an opinion and looking back you'd wish your mother had drowned you at birth?

I once though Freddy Sears was going to be "the next big thing" xD

I also once thought Ireland were man for man better than England at Euro 2012...the boys in Green went onto lose every game against Spain, Italy and Croatia (group of death still). whilst England were KO'd on penalties by Italy in the first KO round.

Erm... that Moyes stuff :what:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Peruvians that say they prefer club level over the national team. Don't lie to yourselves.

Everyone prefers club level to the national team. International football is shite, especially for a country like Peru

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

Everyone prefers club level to the national team. International football is shite, especially for a country like Peru

Not here in Peru though. Most people prefer international here, and the ones that do say they prefer club level are liars.

I was actually one of the people who also said that I prefer winning a trophy with Universitario then going to the world cup. I was lying to myself because I didn't feel the same nerves watching us at club level than watching the national team. I think it depends on that. I can definitely get the sentiments that a weekly club level is football, but the people here that say that they prefer club level are lying.

• Subscriber

Not here in Peru though. Most people prefer international here, and the ones that do say they prefer club level are liars.

I was actually one of the people who also said that I prefer winning a trophy with Universitario then going to the world cup. I was lying to myself because I didn't feel the same nerves watching us at club level than watching the national team. I think it depends on that. I can definitely get the sentiments that a weekly club level is football, but the people here that say that they prefer club level are lying.

Why would they be liars? They're entitled to that opinion. How can you just decide how they feel xD

International football doesn't even come close to club football 

11 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Just because their opinion is different to yours doesn't mean they are liars 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Why would they be liars? They're entitled to that opinion. How can you just decide how they feel xD

International football doesn't even come close to club football 

Just now, Toony said:

Just because their opinion is different to yours doesn't mean they are liars 

They are liars because they say that and spend more time talking about the national team than their clubs.

While I couldn't live without either my club or national team, its more realistic to see Peru qualify for a world cup than Universitario win a Libertadores. That's not to take away from domestic honours mind, but I've seen us win many trophies in my lifetime.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I usually won't believe it unless they can prove it and they usually don't.

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How realistic something is doesn't matter. If someone offered me Orient winning the Champions League or England winning the World Cup, I'd chose Orient every day of the week.

I would as well, but my point was highlighted in that first sentence. If you say you like your club more but spend more time talking about the national team, then they really don't prefer club football now do they?

Its always a case of "hey this player is playing well in the league, I hope they call him up".

• Subscriber

Or maybe national team is just a good conversational topic with people who have interest in football but are not fans of your club.  I talk more about Germany national team with my German neighbour than about my or his club, although we both care more about club football. There might be plenty of other reasons, too. Just because they talk more about it doesn't mean that they feel more about it.  

I would as well, but my point was highlighted in that first sentence. If you say you like your club more but spend more time talking about the national team, then they really don't prefer club football now do they?

Its always a case of "hey this player is playing well in the league, I hope they call him up".

So, because I spend more time talking about Premier League Football with my friends (they all support Arsenal, West Ham or Tottenham and have a limited knowledge of the lower leagues) that means I'm more interested in the Premier League?

59 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

So, because I spend more time talking about Premier League Football with my friends (they all support Arsenal, West Ham or Tottenham and have a limited knowledge of the lower leagues) that means I'm more interested in the Premier League?

59 minutes ago, nudge said:

Or maybe national team is just a good conversational topic with people who have interest in football but are not fans of your club.  I talk more about Germany national team with my German neighbour than about my or his club, although we both care more about club football. There might be plenty of other reasons, too. Just because they talk more about it doesn't mean that they feel more about it.  

Trust me, the way we hype up our national team in this country as well as the low standard of the domestic league, its really easy to believe that international football is most important here.

I'm not trying to be discriminatory to a whole population, especially not my own countries. That would be silly. However, if I were to rephrase it, saying things like "I rather win a domestic trophy than qualify for the world cup just to participate" that to me sounds like a lie. Just by the way the people here bang on about qualifying for the world cup.

16 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

One of my mates thinks gareth bale is better than messi

Tell him he's not permitted to be your friend anymore because he's obviously an alien of maybe from the same species as Bale where in this case it's normal support.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Tell him he's not permitted to be your friend anymore because he's obviously an alien of maybe from the same species as Bale where in this case it's normal support.

He comes out with some beauties. He said england would win the world cup with harry rednapp.  Apparently I know nothing because i can't t play football. I think I need to get some new friends lol

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He comes out with some beauties. He said england would win the world cup with harry rednapp.  Apparently I know nothing because i can't t play football. I think I need to get some new friends lol

It all sounds like a serious condition your friend has got and it actually has a name...  "I have no idea what football is about syndrome" hahahaha

One of my other mates still thinks man utd are a top club. I actually asked him for a joke if he wanted to have a bet with 2 games left and Arsenal 5 points clear that we would finish above them. He actually took the bet. 

31 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

One of my other mates still thinks man utd are a top club. I actually asked him for a joke if he wanted to have a bet with 2 games left and Arsenal 5 points clear that we would finish above them. He actually took the bet. 

You don't like your mate much do you!!! xD

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You don't like your mate much do you!!! xD

Years of having to put up with him gloating when they won the league made me bitter lol

AC Milan are the biggest club in the world, even bigger than Real, Barcelona, Man Utd, Bayern, Juve and any other club.

EDIT: wrong thread, mods please move this post to "unpopular football opinions" thread 

Archived