talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

football forum

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tanksie said:

What formats you play?

Got a couple of modern decks, a few janky casual decks and a handful of standard decks because i ended up buying alot of kaladesh. I started doing some prerelease events about a year and a half ago and got back into it head first. What do you play?

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless you're going camping or trekking somewhere with no signal/electricity, I've no idea why you'd buy a watch. So pointless these days.

Last thing I bought was a pair of swimming trunks, then realised they don't fit so had to take them back. I bought a pair of Puma trainers before I left England I guess.

25 minutes ago, Danny said:

Unless you're going camping or trekking somewhere with no signal/electricity, I've no idea why you'd buy a watch. So pointless these days.

Last thing I bought was a pair of swimming trunks, then realised they don't fit so had to take them back. I bought a pair of Puma trainers before I left England I guess.

Cos it shows you have some money and that you wish you had some class and intelligence. Makes Jim from his east london flat feel like james bond on a night out

31 minutes ago, Rab said:

I love a good watch. Spent £1150 on a TAG just before Christmas. If you've got a nice outfit on, it just completes it.

I've thought about investing in a really nice watch many times before and I personally really like Omega.  But I've had them before and hate wearing them.  I end up putting them away.  But you're right that on a man it completes everything on dress code.  There's the other factor that I always look at my mobile for the time.

55 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Wanker.gif

Keep telling yourself that. No one can see your fucking watch on a night out, and no one cares.

If you're a watch man, you notice every watch.

It's been demonstrated that women curiously look at two things on a man when they first make contact and that's the hands and the feet. Grubby hands and crap shoes tells a woman certain things and if you have a quality watch on then it looks classy. 

• Subscriber

A nice watch definitely makes a man look more classy, stylish and professional, in addition to it embodying craftmanship. Not to mention that forearms are one of the sexiest male body parts that automatically draw attention, and a watch makes it even better and well, simply more masculine. 

Besides, it's still the most convenient way to tell time instead of having to take your shit smartphone out of the pocket every time, especially during a conversation or a social situation where it's simply not acceptable.

Archived