talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Semi Finals - 22-23 April 2017

football forum

It's obvious that Chelsea are trying to go for the lethal counter-attack but every time Spurs manage to break it down preemptively. If Spurs fuck up one interception, I can see it leading to a goal.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cannabis said:

HAZARD! 3-2

You could see it all the way, as soon as he hit it that ball was heading into the back of the net. It's against the run of play but I don't think Conte will care.

Trophies are won against the run of play.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Good finish, Spurs have it in them to come back again though.

The are easily the most talented technical attacking team in the league. They can easily score a goal but I wonder if they have that cutting-edge extra mental fortitude to dig deep and bounce back.

• Subscriber

So this will be 6 or 7 consecutive FA Cup semi finals that Spurs have lost on top if the umpteen seasons they've finished behind Arsenal having been miles ahead of them.

Anyone able to explain to me why then Everton are constantly accused of being bottle jobs but I never hear people aiming that criticism at Spurs?

Just now, adziom said:

So this will be 6 or 7 consecutive FA Cup semi finals that Spurs have lost on top if the umpteen seasons they've finished behind Arsenal having been miles ahead of them.

Anyone able to explain to me why then Everton are constantly accused of being bottle jobs but I never hear people aiming that criticism at Spurs?

Everton never play this well?

1 minute ago, adziom said:

People expect more from Everton!

Just now, Spike said:

That would make Spurs the even bigger bottlers.

I don't really know who deserves the tag more, but I've seen enough of Everton in the bigger games over the years to know they very rarely give even a mildly decent account of themselves. I think that suggests there is an attitude problem, rather than just ability.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

I don't really know who deserves the tag more, but I've seen enough of Everton in the bigger games over the years to know they very rarely give even a mildly decent account of themselves. I think that suggests there is an attitude problem, rather than just ability.

Yeah, but Spurs play extremely well and always lose. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Fuck me, I can't even remember when they won a trophy last. A decade ago? Even longer for the FA Cup, no?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

A fair argument but for Spurs to lose 7 FA Cup semi finals in a row can't go without a similar comment because that's not just down to ability and like I said the number of times they all but secured the elusive higher finish than Arsenal through being better only to shit the bed in the last 4-6 games (look at last season ffs) also can't be down to ability instead of mentality.

I'm not saying we're any better, just bringing it up after that statistic was mentioned about Tottenham in FA cup semis. 

5 minutes ago, adziom said:

Tottenham are the media's club. Both the pundits and the low end press root for them do to well. Over ten years they've been hoping Tottenham finish above us before disappearing after it doesn't happen.

This season however, Tottenham have genuinely looked good and going out of the competition to the team leading the Premier League really isn't much of a stick to beat them with.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Tottenham are the media's club. Both the pundits and the low end press root for them do to well. Over ten years they've been hoping Tottenham finish above us before disappearing after it doesn't happen.

This season however, Tottenham have genuinely looked good and going out of the competition to the team leading the Premier League really isn't much of a stick to beat them with.

I'm not particularly doing that (not that anyone has a problem with beating Everton with that stick when we lose to Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd in cup finals and semis), just asking the question. 

If Everton had come to this match against Chelsea, been at 2-2 and had as much possession and looked the better side as much as Spurs and ended up losing 4-2 I guarantee everyone would be screaming bottle jobs again.

Spurs were unlucky today and I'm not bashing them, like I say just bringing it up.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived