• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 2017/18 Chat

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Best one since Beckham for me. Rooney and Alonso's were just complete keeper fuck ups.

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Better than Beckham's in my opinion as he has to turn around a defender rather than just hitting the ball head on. 

Agreed about Rooney and Alonso's goals too, both of them were heavily encouraged by goalkeeping errors. 

likewise. gets so much height on it as well. 

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Speaking of Lille, what's going on with them? Like Wolfsburg it was only two or three years ago that we were playing them in the Europa League and now they're right at the wrong end of the table. Granted they were shit when we played them but they didn't seem that bad, has something happened behind the scenes? 

They were punching above their weight for years. Lose your best managers, sell your best players and replace them with mediocre and you get a decline. 

23 hours ago, Dan said:

That Depay goal is absolutely absurd. That's up there with the best for me.

Its amazing how quickly he has settled in, the more he plays the better he is getting, I knew he would fail at Man utd and it is has been a huge wake up call for him.  His confidence will be sky high now after this. 

First off, it's good to see this subforum back up.  I remember when it went away on the other forum and that was a sad day. 

Juve want Talisso, but he's under a contract until 2020 so Aulas is going to ask for a king's ransom or he's not moving. 

If I start a new thread no one will probably reply, so I'll just post here.

Coupe de la Ligue final is on right now, PSG v Monaco. I only just remembered it was on so I missed the first half hour, but it's currently 1-1. Draxler gave PSG an early lead Thomas Lemar equalised about twenty minutes later.

Allez Monaco !

I find it hilarious that Edinson Cavani was in Alianza Lima bench warmer Miguel Araujo's pocket the other day and now he's facing Kamil Glik. 

5 hours ago, ...Dan said:

3-1 PSG with 15 minutes to go, looks like it's over. :(

A tad off topic but I like your profile pic, Dan. Bergkamp, one of the classiest and technically gifted players of all time.

Rate him very highly. Hard to pick between him and Michael Laudrup when it comes to technical ability. Both were game changers.

11 hours ago, Luis Suarez said:

A tad off topic but I like your profile pic, Dan. Bergkamp, one of the classiest and technically gifted players of all time.

Rate him very highly. Hard to pick between him and Michael Laudrup when it comes to technical ability. Both were game changers.

Yep, my favourite player ever.

• Administrator

Veratti to Juve appears to be gatherig some momentum now. Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see his happen. Given the collective bottle job syndrome at PSG, a summer reshuffle seems in order. If that goes through, Coutinho to PSG could be back on

18 minutes ago, Batard said:

Veratti to Juve appears to be gatherig some momentum now. Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see his happen. Given the collective bottle job syndrome at PSG, a summer reshuffle seems in order. If that goes through, Coutinho to PSG could be back on

It's either them or Barça!  In italy (the general view) they're hoping it's Barcelona because they feel it will benefit both him and the Azzurri.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It's either them or Barça!  In italy (the general view) they're hoping it's Barcelona because they feel it will benefit both him and the Azzurri.

I've heard the opposite, whilst Juve seem likely there's a hope he'll end up at Inter. 

41 minutes ago, Batard said:

I've heard the opposite, whilst Juve seem likely there's a hope he'll end up at Inter. 

Buffon, Pirlo and Capello in recent times have all said that he fits Barça down to a tee.  Infact Fabio Capello said exactly what I mentioned in my post mate...  For Italy, a player like Verratti finalising his talents in a team like Barcelona that has always based their football on the midfield would be the best move...  He did add that he has no idea where he thinks Verratti will end, even if he will move at all.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Buffon, Pirlo and Capello in recent times have all said that he fits Barça down to a tee.  Infact Fabio Capello said exactly what I mentioned in my post mate...  For Italy, a player like Verratti finalising his talents in a team like Barcelona that has always based their football on the midfield would be the best move...  He did add that he has no idea where he thinks Verratti will end, even if he will move at all.

All pro-Juve gentlemen but I don't think he'd be a bad fit for Barcelona at all but likewise I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to Italy. He's said before he'd like to return home. 

3 minutes ago, Batard said:

All pro-Juve gentlemen but I don't think he'd be a bad fit for Barcelona at all but likewise I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to Italy. He's said before he'd like to return home. 

Barcelona said only the other day that they're not going to enter an auction for Verratti.  If he wants to go there, it's because he wants it and not because they will go mental like Juve did for Higuaín last summer.  I don't think Inter can afford the signing fee PSG would demand so I would put them out of the reckoning and don't exclude Florentino Pérez even though Verratti isn't one of Real's targets at the moment.  Whatever Real Madrid do depends on what happens with James Rodríguez and Isco who look to be stalling on signing new contracts.

Archived