talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

New injury update for Barça:  Andrés Iniesta has been diagnosed with a calf strain and will definitely miss the Champions League clash with Sporting Lisbon in midweek... After that a new medical examination will be made to predict how long before he can return to squad training. 

I’ve been really busy the past couple months, so didn’t have much time to come on here and share my views much

But I can’t say I’m not pleased with how Barcelona’s season is going thus far. At the beginning of the season we weren’t playing anywhere near our best but were still getting the results, but over the last 2 games you could see the beautiful performances starting to come in, though both ended in draws due to refereeing decisions and wastefulness. And I think the best is yet to come, as when Dembele comes back that’s going to add that spark we’ve missed in attack thus far, and will relieve some of the creative burden off Messi too. 

The only negative would be Umtiti’s injury. Based on current form he’s the best CB in the world for me and it’s definitely a major blow. But personally I don’t think Vermaelen’s been too bad and we’re due to have Masche back in time for Deportivo and El Clasico, and we all know he’s no pushover. Hopefully we can get by until Umtiti comes back

I also need to praise Ter Stegen for what’s been an EXCEPTIONAL start to the season. How good is he? The kinds of saves he makes is just unbelievable! 

To try and end this long post quickly haha, I want to also recognise our young players. Jose Arnaiz, Alena and Oriol Busquets have all been very impressive when given a chance. I’d actually probably prefer to have Arnaiz rather than Deulofeu with how the latter is playing right now lol. And our younger Busi plays an identical style to our older Busi, in a couple years it could be Busquets replacing Busquets. 

5 hours ago, FCBNick said:

I also need to praise Ter Stegen for what’s been an EXCEPTIONAL start to the season. How good is he? The kinds of saves he makes is just unbelievable!

He has been unbelievable and one of the best two keepers in the world at the moment which for me are De Gea and Ter Stegen...  Some of Ter Stegen’s saves this season have been verging on the miraculous and even against Celta he made some brilliant ones.  Take for example Celta’s first goal, Ter Stegen makes a tremendous save that unfortunately balloons in the direction of the oncoming Iago Aspas.

I wouldn’t change him for anyone other than De Gea. 

On 04/12/2017 at 11:37 PM, Cicero said:

Been saying De Gea is the best in the world going on two years now, used to get slated for it 

It would be interesting to see who people would have as their best XI in the world right now. It was getting to the point where all the best were at the same couple of clubs, mainly Barcelona and Real Madrid, although that is not the case now and it's much more spread out again. Also a lot of the world's best(such as C.Ronaldo and Suarez) are definitely not that anymore, while other players have really started to step up their game.

The future is also starting to look quite bright in terms of football when it looked as though that may not have been the case not to long ago. Mbappe, especially, is one to watch for the future. He is the real deal and will be better than players such as Neymar when the same age if he continues as he is. Special player. PSG are lucky to have himself and Verratti. They would be perfect for Barcelona!

Edited by The Rebel CRS

4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It would be interesting to see who people would have as their best XI in the world right now. It was getting to the point where all the best were at the same couple of clubs, mainly Barcelona and Real Madrid, although that is not the case now and it's much more spread out again. Also a lot of the world's best(such as C.Ronaldo and Suarez) are definitely not that anymore, while other players have really started to step up their game.

The future is also starting to look quite bright in terms of football when it looked as though that may not have been the case not to long ago. Mbappe, especially, is one to watch for the future. He is the real deal and will be better than players such as Neymar when the same age if he continues as he is. Special player. PSG are lucky to have himself and Verratti. They would be perfect for Barcelona!

Very good sources say that Mbappé wanted to go to Barça and that there were approaches until the technical team decided against it and went for Dembélé instead.

There are a bunch of massive players in various leagues at the moment and it will be interesting to see if they stay at their respective club in the next three to four years.

The waters always return calmly to their pools. ;)

Just now, SirBalon said:

Very good sources say that Mbappé wanted to go to Barça and that there were approaches until the technical team decided against it and went for Dembélé instead.

There are a bunch of massive players in various leagues at the moment and it will be interesting to see if they stay at their respective club in the next three to four years.

The waters always return calmly to their pools. ;)

What is the situation with Mbappe anyway? Is he actually a PSG player or would there not be a chance of another club muscling in there and buying him off Monaco in 2 years? I've never really understood how that one worked.

23 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What is the situation with Mbappe anyway? Is he actually a PSG player or would there not be a chance of another club muscling in there and buying him off Monaco in 2 years? I've never really understood how that one worked.

As Cannabis said, he’s at PSG on loan with a mandatory purchase in the summer but let’s wait and see what happens with PSG because there’s all sorts of dodgy stuff going on right now with them and their owners which are in effect the Qatari State (and that’s illegal in football) are being taken to task on all sorts of pear shaped stuff. I would say Neymar will amazingly be the first one to leave before Mbappé but I don’t see the artificial plastic (because plastic is made of oil) empire that is Paris Saint-German lasting long before it all melts in a fire. Watch this space on that one!

Mbappé is known to have been waiting long and hard for the official approach of Barça and when that didn’t occur Real Madrid came in to try and do business in the final three to four days to no avail although some sources say he would rather have even gone there before PSG. 

18 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Neymar will end up at Real Madrid, no doubt about that. Mbappe was holding out for Barcelona too, I've heard that from a few outlets. As talented as Dembele is, it's strange that they went for him over Kylian?

hypothetically speaking if Neymar was indeed to end up at Real (I have no doubt Florentino will try his hardest on that one as he nearly died when he ended up at Barça) Neymar knows nothing about living hell.  If people think South American football is bad, then they’d better think again when it’s a situation such as this particular one and on top of it all how he left Barça. It’s best for him and his career to go to the Premier League if he no longer wants to play training games 75% of the footballing season. If he wants something different, don’t move to Real... You’re simply not allowed mate.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It'll be Figo 2.0

Who knows how bad it’ll be mate if it were to occur... The Figo one is unique because he lied publicly to the Barcelona fans while Neymar kept his mouth shut all through it.  But all the same, the way Neymar departed left a sour feeling in the Barça faithful’s hearts and to then later on move to Real making it look like the whole thing was done in that manner so as to lighten the situation, then it could be similar to what Figo went through.

People must remember that Barcelona v Real Madrid isn’t just two times a season... It’s infact 365 days of the year and it can be harsh!  Add to the fact that Neymar had already created a sort of character in Spanish football amongst other club fans that was very dislikeable to say the least.

History_1600x1102.png

I’ve written quite a bit in the past about the iconic Barcelona based sports brand MEYBA who made the Barça kits for over twenty years and have become an iconic image of the club from everything revolving Johan Cruyff and the Dream Team.

Well for those that want a piece of history, they can have it now for a limited time only. MEYBA have reproduced one of the shirts to exactly the same specifications they did at the time it was officially being used by the club and the only difference being the fact they can’t put the crest on the shirt for obvious registration rights reasons. But if you click on the link you will see that they have made it all very easy to sort that out and with this you will have the original, but brand spanning new. I’m getting it and I’ve found a company that sells the embroiled crest in the correct measurements to place on the shirt perfectly. 

If you want iconic cult football history, then you can’t get better than this in my opinion!

If you navigate through MEYBA’s website you’ll also see that they’re doing the tracksuit top they wore at the time.

I’ll cite the members that I think might be interested in something as rare as this and who love their football.

Link to MEYBA’s website and straight to the shirt: https://www.meyba.com/football-archive/barca-club-tee-barca-navy-barca-re-meyba-apparel-ma0070181050.html

Link to the Barcelona crest to iron onto the shirt: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Barcelona-Iron-Football-Sports-Patch/dp/B009R5IUY2/ref=sr_1_2/258-6781870-8711000?ie=UTF8&qid=1512642889&sr=8-2&keywords=fc+barcelona+badge

@The Rebel CRS

@Cannabis

@VanPaddy

@FCBNick

@Cicero

@Spike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

@SirBalon now that is a jersey. Timeless in design, no intrusive sponsors, and above all simple and iconic. It will never happen but it’d be nice to see the same thing for other clubs, Real’s clean white kit, Atletico’s mattress, Best’s United, the clean stripes of AC and Inter, and so forth.

I do remember that United jersey from about a decade ago but if I recall correctly it was very rugby-polo esque. Must have been the style of the 50s

5 hours ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon now that is a jersey. Timeless in design, no intrusive sponsors, and above all simple and iconic. It will never happen but it’d be nice to see the same thing for other clubs, Real’s clean white kit, Atletico’s mattress, Best’s United, the clean stripes of AC and Inter, and so forth.

I do remember that United jersey from about a decade ago but if I recall correctly it was very rugby-polo esque. Must have been the style of the 50s

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Brilliant shirt and it holds special moments due to obvious reasons.

I don't buy footy shirts but I'm considering buying that one. I wouldn't wear it I don't think, although it would be great to have, placed inside a glass cabinet or something.

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Pretty decent price 

I’ll answer you all here because all the posts are connected in some way

Yeah guys, there’s been some beauties over the decades from various clubs... Take for example at Arsenal the iconic cult shirt that will never die and the club shop still sells is the 1970s cotton shirt which is simple, beautiful and can even be worn casually to the pub and looking good.

The thing is that you can buy past replica shirts that are created wonderfully by some vintage clothing manufacturers, but they’re never in a situation such as this particular one that’s come about which is why I chose to post it here.  I say this because never before due to registration rights has an official sports manufacturer (other than the one the club now uses) that once made shirts for a club, has gone onto recreate that past shirt to the exact specifications in every detail aside from the club crest that once donned it.

This is a chance to cash in because it’s limited and it won’t be done again.  FC Barcelona came to an agreement a few months ago for MEYBA to do this again which is something unique in today’s volatile market.

Cicero for example mentions the price... Well the reason behind the price is because it’s not the official one that’s being used by the club but for example if you Google an official one from that era on sale by someone in brand spanking new condition, you’re talking about paying over £300 for it.

I’ve ordered two, one for my brother and one for myself because this is a rare situation that won’t occur again. I’m surprised Cannabis hasn’t answered yet because he’s the real shirt collector here from everything I’ve seen, but I’m sure he’ll love something like this which can be worn casually as it’s a cult shirt that most people that know their football will have been familiar with. Plus it’ll be worth quite a bit more than you’ve paid for it in the future.

On 12/7/2017 at 0:02 PM, Spike said:

You just check with any chinese or any other asian shops locally. They can provide you shirts however you like, with or without sponsor, your favourite colours, they can also print your face on the back of the shirt if you want. Custimsation for the win 

2 hours ago, Asura said:

You just check with any chinese or any other asian shops locally. They can provide you shirts however you like, with or without sponsor, your favourite colours, they can also print your face on the back of the shirt if you want. Custimsation for the win 

One thing American sports get right. 867240602-nashville-predators-v-chicago-blackhawks.jpg.jpg&

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Asura said:

It’s not official mate and for a shirt collector that would mean assigning to bullshit. Anyhow... I don’t get pleasure from buying unofficial fake garbage.  This is a chance, a unique one of a genuine sports company that once did a kit for a football club actually going and repeating it in this day and age of hyper sensitive registration rights.  Tell me of any other high profile football club where you can do the same?  Maybe there is, but I haven’t heard of it and in this case MEYBA had to get Nike’s permission which was helped on by FC Barcelona themselves.

When you go into Central London where all the tourists hang out, you can buy all the fake football shirts you like. You don’t see many genuine football fans buying those, do you?

23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It’s not official mate and for a shirt collector that would mean assigning to bullshit. Anyhow... I don’t get pleasure from buying unofficial fake garbage.  This is a chance, a unique one of a genuine sports company that once did a kit for a football club actually going and repeating it in this day and age of hyper sensitive registration rights.  Tell me of any other high profile football club where you can do the same?  Maybe there is, but I haven’t heard of it and in this case MEYBA had to get Nike’s permission which was helped on by FC Barcelona themselves.

When you go into Central London where all the tourists hang out, you can buy all the fake football shirts you like. You don’t see many genuine football fans buying those, do you?

I was only joking.

I dont like the sponsor name on shirts/jerseys and I dont own any jerseys. I have a couple of regular tshirts of Arsenal which has the club's crest and nothing else on it. Just like the ones below but without the white patch on the shoulders.

Image result for arsenal puma t shirt

39 minutes ago, Spike said:

One thing American sports get right. 867240602-nashville-predators-v-chicago-blackhawks.jpg.jpg&

I dont like american sports jerseys... its almost like they cant have a regular looking tshirt to wear ... the NFL and NHL jerseys are so big, the NBA ones are tank tops... but other than that I get what you are saying and I agree with that

Just now, Asura said:

I dont like american sports jerseys... its almost like they cant have a regular looking tshirt to wear ... the NFL and NHL jerseys are so big, the NBA ones are tank tops... but other than that I get what you are saying and I agree with that

They are sports jerseys. They aren't meant for everyday wear.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Some people do wear them as casual everyday wear in the States though mate. You’re right that they’re not designed for everyday wear but they are used as such though by strange folk. :ph34r:

17 hours ago, Spike said:

not saying they are for everyday wear and I dont mind if anyone wears it like that.....  but for example I play pickup football games and wear those tshirts I posted above but cant say I would wear a XXXXXL size looking NFL jersey if im playing a fun game with friends. They look so uncomfortable to wear

Well that MEYBA shirt I linked you guys to, I ordered it and it arrived today. It’s an absolute beauty and one thing I noticed straight away by feeling it in my hands is the difference in quality compared to what we get when we buy official tops these days. I love it and all that needs to happen now is for summer to arrive! :D

A7C4902F-22E8-412C-AD4D-7252899C0F82.jpeg